Science Hill vs. Sullivan Central

hsbball4

I am a Science Hill fan who stayed and watched the DB-Central game last night and I must say that you guys have an amazing student section. I just wanted to give you props for all your support. Although we have some loyal fans at Science Hill, you would think that with a student population of our size we could bring a bigger section. Oh, well. Science Hill fans have newfound respect for Sullivan Central. Just wanted to wish both teams the best of luck on Friday night and may the best team win! Hopefully that best team will be SHHS!! :thumb:

i dont matter how big your school is.....all that matters is how big of a heart you have and every central fan, player have a huge heart and thats why we have the best student section around.....no one can compete with us on the basketball court or in the stands....fridays game is going to be exciting...... phil, gabe, vincent, nathen and hess will lead the way to victory once again.

c-o-u-g-a-r-s

cougars

cougars

are the best heck yes!!!!

good luck guys we all know you can do it!!!

go cougars!! ;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South beat Science Hill in Dec not a few weeks ago. DB beat the Toppers a few weeks ago.

In my opionion (and it is an opinion) to beat Science Hill you have to handle the pressure game they like to play....full court press and swarming D almost like the 40 minutes of heck Arkansas used to play. At the topper palace DB got man handled by the early hot hands of Forney, Wattad and co and it snowballed. At the dome DB played more of a slow down game and settled down. you can't play there game...gotta play the way you did to get there

SH tends to score a lot of points in transition. Greeneville handled their press effectively and kept the pressure on them.

Edited by barb

first of all, we did not get outclassed. you did not hear many indian fans crying about the referees or anything like that. the game could have went either way and central made just enough plays down the stretch.

anyways, i still think science hill will win by more than 15. mark my words...

and, if south does beat db, oh well. like you said, it is tough to beat a team 3 times and we have already beaten the twice.

either way, good luck in the regionals to everyone...

.....no one can compete with us on the basketball court

wow...thanks for joining today and jumping on the band wagon and giving us all some great information like that!!!! how about some REAL reasons to back that up and not just silly student section speak

i agree that SC has a great team but not because the student section is so good but because they shoot lights out and have one of the best players in the area in Buchanon...see give us some legit bball facts not just gee ou students are louder :thumb:

...no one can compete with us on the basketball court or in the stands....fridays game is going to be exciting...... phil, gabe, vincent, nathen and hess will lead the way to victory once again.

Don't get too excited there buddy, Science Hill isn't gonna be a piece of cake, they are a great ball team too. Don't get me wrong I am Central's biggest fan but it's gonna be one heck of a game Friday night and our players will need to play well! But I do agree, our student section is the best around here...

I agree with you authority for the most part. But, its going to take more than getting the ball to Buchanan inside to win THIS game. Weatherford and Hess need to be on and McCoy needs to help Gabe in the post. If Dinkel can fight through the press and traps that Science Hill is so good at in the backcourt and get the offense set up Central has a good chance. If all 5 of Central's starters play like they have been Central will win this game.

Good Luck Cougars!!!!

i totally agree with you, i know all five starters have to play their best and isn't all up to Gabe. i got rushed on time earlier and didn't get to finish all of the post i wanted to. I think Gabe and Phil will both have to step up as the captains. But it will take all 5 guys on the court to do it and i know we can win.

It's gonna be tough,and it might take our best game but Central can pull it out.

Unlike our style though I think we're gonna have to slow it down,Buchanon might be the most athletic player in the conference but as a team SH is too athletic for us to try and run with them.We just have to keep SH from getting tons of offensive rebounds,make our free throws,and make our open shots and we'll be fine.We just have to play good all 4 quarters becuase SH is too good to have a bad quarter against,hopefully its a 4 point game either way with about 6 minutes to go,that way it'll just come down to who wants it more,and we play with so much heart we have a real good chance.

Good luck to everybody on Friday :thumb:

wow...thanks for joining today and jumping on the band wagon and giving us all some great information like that!!!! how about some REAL reasons to back that up and not just silly student section speak

i agree that SC has a great team but not because the student section is so good but because they shoot lights out and have one of the best players in the area in Buchanon...see give us some legit bball facts not just gee ou students are louder :thumb:

okay buddy i know we have the best players ....thats players with a "s" in the area if you are going to talk about you you need to talk about all of em gabe phil nate vincent and hess..... our players have heart because the number love the game and number two beacuse they have the fans there...... they hear the fans cheerin and it pumps them up.... and yeah i did just join coacht today but whats the big deal? im not jumpin on the dang band wagon i have lived in blountville since i was three and i have cheered for central basketball my whole life......

Fri Nov. 18 at Cocke Co. W 84-70

Tue Nov. 22 Greenville Tournament Greenville W 88-79

Wed Nov. 23 Bearden Land-Air Classic L 67-97

Sat Nov. 26 Powell Greeneville L 51-56

Sat Nov. 26 Greeneville Landair tip-Off W 71-65

Tue Nov. 29 at Science Hill D L 63-73

Fri Dec. 2 Twin Valley VA Johnson City W 77-68

Sat Dec. 3 Charlotte Fla Johnson City L 65-71

Tue Dec. 6 Dobyns Bennett D L 69-81

Fri Dec. 9 Sullivan East D W 96-69

Tue Dec. 13 at Sullivan South D W 74-67

Fri Dec. 16 at David Crockett D W 102-75

Thu Dec. 22 at Twin Springs L 71-74

Wed Dec. 28 Bolivar Central Arbys Classic 5:30 L 63-79

Thu Dec. 29 Thunderbird, AZ Arbys Classic 12PM L 43-75

Wed Jan. 4 Tennessee D W 48-47

Fri Jan. 6 at Daniel Boone D W 73-58

Tue Jan. 10 Volunteer D W 72-61

Fri Jan. 13 Science Hill D L 48-86

Wed Jan. 18 Sullivan North W 71-38

Fri Jan. 20 at Dobyns Bennett D W 78-64

Tue Jan. 24 at Sullivan East D W 77-61

Fri Jan. 27 Sullivan South D L 72-75

Tue Jan. 31 David Crockett D W 77-68

Fri Feb. 3 at Tennessee D W 83-73

Tue Feb. 7 Daniel Boone D W 71-57

Wed Feb. 8 Twin Springs W 58-56

Fri Feb. 10 at Volunteer D W 78-64

Wed Feb. 15 at Sullivan North W 85-62

Sat Feb. 18 Daniel Boone D-1AAA W 74-63

Tue Feb. 21 Dobyns Bennett D-1AAA W 96-90

here are you some facts to back up our wonderful team......not that they needed any backin up

wait a minute arent you like 30? dont you have anything better to do than to post comments about a school you have notihng to do with?

dang its just like you kingsport folk to put your noses where they dont belong

Edited by cougarsfan2006

Did anyone see the games Science Hill lost against South and D-B? If so, what things did those teams do to beat them? What contributed to South being able to beat them 70-64 a few weeks ago but then fall 64-42 in the tournament game?

I feel that if Central could play SH within 10 in their own house and South, Greeneville, and D-B could also beat them, they must have a chance. It's going to take an even better effort than against D-B, but I think the Cougars have it in them. I was there for the South/Science Hill game Tuesday and the Toppers looked fantastic. If they hadn't been trying to run the clock a fair amount, it could have been 75-42 or worse. The Toppers were swarming all over the court every time South had the ball and they got very few open shots.

I may be totally wrong about this, and I probably am wrong.. but it's just an opinion...

you want to beat Science Hill??? then get Omar in foul trouble. He is the man for Science Hill. Omar fouled out at South when South beat Science Hill. He fouled out with about 5 minutes left in the game. I may be wrong but I believe Omar was in foul trouble at Greenville when Greenville beat Science Hill and if I am not mistaken Omar either fouled out, or was in serious foul trouble at DB when DB beat Science Hill. Not disrespecting any of the teams mentioned above, they all played great against a very good Science Hill team.....

If you saw Science Hill before the Arby's they had very good outside shooters (Omar, Forney and Odom) and no post presence at all. After the Arby's Crowder and Lauderback started playing better in the post. Forney was really on fire before the Arby's, but something happened and he either got in a slump, lost his shot or something. Anyway, Forney is starting to regain his form(he had 17 against South the other night), but he still threw up some trashy looking stuff during the game. makes me think he's still struggling a bit. If Forney is truly struggling then you have eliminated another threat if you get Omar in foul trouble.

You want a really good chance of beating Science Hill, take the ball at Omar...sure, you're going to get picked a few times , but Omar's a slapper, he picks up trash fouls sometimes...

P.S...you better not turn it over against their press.

Good luck to all the teams. It has been an exciting Big 9 season and District Tournament. I hate to see the season end.

I may be totally wrong about this, and I probably am wrong.. but it's just an opinion...

you want to beat Science Hill??? then get Omar in foul trouble. He is the man for Science Hill. Omar fouled out at South when South beat Science Hill. He fouled out with about 5 minutes left in the game. I may be wrong but I believe Omar was in foul trouble at Greenville when Greenville beat Science Hill and if I am not mistaken Omar either fouled out, or was in serious foul trouble at DB when DB beat Science Hill. Not disrespecting any of the teams mentioned above, they all played great against a very good Science Hill team.....

If you saw Science Hill before the Arby's they had very good outside shooters (Omar, Forney and Odom) and no post presence at all. After the Arby's Crowder and Lauderback started playing better in the post. Forney was really on fire before the Arby's, but something happened and he either got in a slump, lost his shot or something. Anyway, Forney is starting to regain his form(he had 17 against South the other night), but he still threw up some trashy looking stuff during the game. makes me think he's still struggling a bit. If Forney is truly struggling then you have eliminated another threat if you get Omar in foul trouble.

You want a really good chance of beating Science Hill, take the ball at Omar...sure, you're going to get picked a few times , but Omar's a slapper, he picks up trash fouls sometimes...

P.S...you better not turn it over against their press.

Good luck to all the teams. It has been an exciting Big 9 season and District Tournament. I hate to see the season end.

you are correct...omar fouled out late in the DB game with about 3:00 to go

you are correct...omar fouled out late in the DB game with about 3:00 to go

i agree getting him in foul trouble will help, i'm sure he will be gaurding Gabe and Gabe is good at drawing fouls. And i think it will be easier because Omar will want to go after him, but Hess and Phil driving can draw fouls as long as they don't get a charge, and Vinny is even good at drawing the fouls, but yes we need to get him in foul trouble early.