Bolivar Central (4 consecutive district titles)

sportstalkinMemphis

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also depends on which rankings you look at. Rivals rankings and USA today are the top 2 and Hamilton is currently #10 on rivals. It looks like the rankings being listed here are the USA today rankings. Here is the link to rivals for you

http://studentsports.Unapproved Website/content.asp?CID=516190

Therefore, HAMILTON is a top 10 team

Bolivar is the classic team that's been ther and knows how to win. Not only have they won 2 straight State Championships, but also 4 straitr Districts and 2 straight regionals. Liberty may have more talent, probably has more depth and are the sexy fun to watch team that never slows down. But Bolivar knows how to win. I think for Liberty to win they have to beat them by 15-20 and not in a close game.

I've seen Bolivar play five times this year. Against Arlington Country Day, Hamilton, Mitchell, Brentwood Academy as well as last night against Liberty. Last night was the best they have played all year with the exception of the second half against Arlington Country Day. Wayne Chism and Willie Kemp have almost always scored in double figures. I didn't feel that they were good enough to finish the 3-peat which has never been done in AA because of the lack of help from their other players. Last night was a Tiger team that hasn't been at any of the games i have seen all year. The difference was the play of Kedrick Madden, Jerry Griffin and Jermey Rhodes. If Bolivar can get that kind of production from their role players and not look for their two stars to win the game alone, the will be a tough game for anyone. As far as officating goes, last night was just horrible, it was bad both ways. I am not a fan of either program, i was totally neutral. I actually felt that last night was going to be the best chance Liberty had to knock off Bolivar. Congrats to all four 11 AA teams and good luck in the region tournament. Show everyone why all six Gold and Silver Balls came to this side of the Tennessee River last year.

Edited by eridbro1

We have played them both and Liberty has the better team, but there tournament experience is showing. Bolivar is tough, but not tough enough to go a 3 peat. They will be facing a LHS team that is growing stronger by each game. We had Bolivar up until the 4th period at their house. This time around, especially in our house, the Big Red Tigers will be in the regional championship.

Bolivar = NO 3 PEAT

LHS BIG RED TIGERS

Coach Gardner + Mack = GOLD BALL TIME

Edited by TheSmoothJuker

as for the ref w/ the big ears that yall are talking about i believe he is from madison county which also happens to be the same county liberty is in. granted the refs didnt do to well last night those are 3 of the best around and officials have off nights just like the players. liberty hustled all night and never ONCE quit playing defense and for the most part was pretty good. yea bolivar is down this year but they are still going to be in contention for the gold ball. there are 4 good AA teams in the west this year that have a shot at the state championship. im not going to say that bolivar will win state but they have a really good shot at it. good game last night for the exception of one play. sorry middle and east tn but i am going to say that the gold is coming back to the west and ill be glad no matter which team it is

as for the ref w/ the big ears that yall are talking about i believe he is from madison county which also happens to be the same county liberty is in. granted the refs didnt do to well last night those are 3 of the best around and officials have off nights just like the players. liberty hustled all night and never ONCE quit playing defense and for the most part was pretty good. yea bolivar is down this year but they are still going to be in contention for the gold ball. there are 4 good AA teams in the west this year that have a shot at the state championship. im not going to say that bolivar will win state but they have a really good shot at it. good game last night for the exception of one play. sorry middle and east tn but i am going to say that the gold is coming back to the west and ill be glad no matter which team it is

If those are three of the best, then the apocalypse may very well be upon us. It has been said that Page(the tall bald ref) called a three second call just after the ball crossed mid court in a game last year. By the way, who has authority over these refs anyway. They probably couldn't get rid of any of them even if they wanted to because not many people are waiting in line to be a ref!