Region 4A tournament

UCSportsFan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil I wish you and all these Jackson County people, at least most of them, would stop acting as if they invented the game of basketball. People come to watch other teams as well. Clarkrange Buff's and Lamar have far more tradition than you "people", so don't STEP UP in our district and start complaining. It seems to me you have nothing better to do than be at the gym as early as you want seeing that you are on this website more than coacht himself so I'm sure you will get a seat!!!!

Devil I wish you and all these Jackson County people, at least most of them, would stop acting as if they invented the game of basketball. People come to watch other teams as well. Clarkrange Buff's and Lamar have far more tradition than you "people", so don't STEP UP in our district and start complaining. It seems to me you have nothing better to do than be at the gym as early as you want seeing that you are on this website more than coacht himself so I'm sure you will get a seat!!!!

I guess they have plenty of parking as well? Yeah right you'll have to walk a mile to park, all i was saying is it only makes sense to have this game at a venue that will hold the fans. I seriously doubt if 8A wins a game in the girls with only Gordonsville having an outside shot at beating Clay County, a team that has beaten Gordonsville twice this season. Other than that they have no chance. Everyone can say what they want but this is a tiny gym to hold a region tournament with all the people that will be in attendance from district 7A. The region semi final game between C'range and Jackson County will be standing room only you wait and see if what i say isn't true! ;)

Edited by devilfanatic

This statement means absolutely no disrespect to 8A or Watertown or their fans.

Jackson County has the largest traveling fan base in the Upper Cumberland. Just ask any AD's of schools that they visit. One AD of a 7A school that hosted JC (a regular season game) revealed the attendance and gate receipts from this game broke their record and they have a larger facility than Watertown. And this is regionals.

I have visited there during regionals and it is a great atmosphere, but when people pay their money they simply want a seat, personally I don't care to stand, but standing room with a view of the court is another question.

"Clarkrange Buff's and Lamar have far more tradition than you "people", so don't STEP UP in our district and start complaining."

I don't think a reasonable person would dispute or question the tradition of Clarkrange/Lamar.

"It's that way every other year!!! We know it's small. Again, we already know!!!"

I'm sorry but I don't think you really do.

Watertown has always been big enough and always will be. Just because (this is where everyone is supposed to bow down on their knees) JACKSON CO is coming to town does not mean that there will not be enough room. Yeah the place will be full, but it will not be overcrowded. Who wants to play in a big gym with a bunch of empty seats anyway? I think that if everyone in Jackson Co. came to the game and put them together will everyone else there (yes, you must sit with the people who are not on your same level) there will still be room for everyone to sit.

most of the post talking about the size and location are not Jackson co. fans some are,but why does it matter to you where its played since 8A MOST PROBABLY WON'T evev be playing after opening round if TRADITION is renewed it will be

someone from 7A because 8A just haven't had much in recent years especially

watertown.

I have a bigger problem with the parking than the gym, but the gym will be WAY too small. We're gonna be bringing all the people we usually do PLUS JC. No way that's gonna work. The fire marshall may have to shut it down. It also stinks that the only good place to put a student section is the visiting side and people like to sit over there. No way this should be a region tourney site.

most of the post talking about the size and location are not Jackson co. fans some are,but why does it matter to you where its played since 8A MOST PROBABLY WON'T evev be playing after opening round if TRADITION is renewed it will be

someone from 7A because 8A just haven't had much in recent years especially

watertown.

Are you saying 8A has no tradition? Over the past few years there have been as many 8A teams go to the state tournament as there have been 7A teams. Some years one district is better than the other, but they have consistently been very competitive. This year 7A definitely has the better district, but this is not something that happens year in and year out. 7A may sweep the first round, it is a possibility. But don't count out Gordonsville and Westmoreland. If either Clay or Clarkrange overlook these teams, they may regret it. All I'm saying is that 7A is in no way superior to 8A.

Are you saying 8A has no tradition? Over the past few years there have been as many 8A teams go to the state tournament as there have been 7A teams. Some years one district is better than the other, but they have consistently been very competitive. This year 7A definitely has the better district, but this is not something that happens year in and year out. 7A may sweep the first round, it is a possibility. But don't count out Gordonsville and Westmoreland. If either Clay or Clarkrange overlook these teams, they may regret it. All I'm saying is that 7A is in no way superior to 8A.

I hope your not talking about 7a being superior this year....They're much more superior this year and will prove it by having 3...possibly 4 7a teams in the semi's and possibly 2 7a teams making a trip to the state tournament...