WC Dominates MJ

Mailman05

I have to admit I was shocked to see Wilson Central win by 20 points. To get the win at all is a great victory, but to win it by such a big margin is tremendous with Jenkins out. Did Central do that great a job on MJ's guards or did they just have an off shooting night? I was also surprised that Beech didn't give Smyrna a little better game in the other semi-final game. I thought Smyrna would win, but I thought it would be 8-10 point game. I'll have to go with Smyrna in the final, but I expect it to go down to the wire. MJ over Beech in the consolation game.

With all due respect to WC (who played a great game) the Lady Bears had a very poor shooting night. Don't like that Smyrna gym!! Someone already noted that there were at least 6 uncontested layups missed at a critical time...MJ had almost pulled even early based on the press and could not seal the deal. Momentum stopped dead in its tracks! I think the Lady Bears felt (played like it) that they were snake-bit after that.

BUT credit to WCHS!

NOW, okay WCHS it is put up or shut up time! I saw a link to an article saying "#1 Smyrna starts it run" what you gonna do about it for Wilson County??

Go Lady Bears! :thumb:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone already noted that there were at least 6 uncontested layups missed at a critical time :D ...MJ had almost pulled even early based on the press and could not seal the deal. Momentum stopped dead in its tracks! I think the Lady Bears felt (played like it) that they were snake-bit after that.

Yes most layups look easy and uncontested to the fans, but at the speed these girls play, and the angle on the basket they have most of the time, they are not gimmees by any stretch of the imagination. I guess you would have to play basketball, to realize that. I wonder how many people on these threads actually have played the game in the last 10 years!!!!! :)

Let's start being thankful for all the baskets the Lady Bears do make and quit taking all their shots for granted!

Wilson Central hit shots THEY WILL NEVER HIT AGAIN!!!!!......and MJ missed shots they never miss! It just wasn't their night.

Good to get a big loss out of their system.

Now on to the Region!!! We'll be seeing you again..... :thumb:

Where are the MJ fans?

My apologies, MailCat, for getting into the post-game comments so late. Been detained for biz reasons.

OMGuy is not one to dodge a crow sandwich. I've had plenty of 'em. After all, I AM a Rebel. :thumb:

Congratulations to the Lady Wildcats! Without dissecting the game to death, it's pretty simple: WC brought its A-Game and the MJ didn't. I've gotta tell ya... I'm impressed with Jasmine Hassell. If this girl builds on what she's started, she'll be a recipient of a Miss Basketball title somewhere down the road. Calhoun and Williams also played extemely well. As for the Lady Bears, well... we've had better games. Even you, Mailman, know that wasn't our finest performance.

I talked to some of the MJ girls last night and here's what I came away with: Sure they were disappointed with their performance. Sure they knew they could have played better. BUT, they also know there's more basketball to go. They're determined to get THEIR A-Game back. What a great attitude! Lady Bears, I'm proud of ya! You can do it. Beat Beech tonight and on to the Regionals.

BBPRIDE how can you say Wilson Central hit shots they never hit? The girls were on last night. I cant believe you have the nerve to say something like that you make it sound as if the girls were throwing up Hail Marys from halfcourt, this was not the case. Wilson Central hit their shots end of story. These girls have been hitting shots all year though all the players may not have hit them in the same game. It all came together last night. BBPRIDE accept the loss. Usually when you dont make shots you lose thats what happend to MJ and thats what happens to all teams. Whoever hits the most shots wins

Wilson Central hit shots THEY WILL NEVER HIT AGAIN!!!!!......and MJ missed shots they never miss! It just wasn't their night.

You can't actually be serious? Can it be possible that Central is actually a good team? Sure MJ didn't have a good night. They are still a great team, and we all know it; however, Central is a good team, too. Where's the love? Don't say we'll never hit those shots again. And especially don't say MJ won't be missing those shots again. Karma will come back and kick you in the tail.