Region 4AA Tournament

timbdp

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: This is already pretty funny and I'm pretty sure it's only gonna get better. Now I have now idea who's gonna win the GP/LA game, could be either team by 20 for all I know, but one thing I do know is there are always people from 7AA that come into the region tournament assuming at least one of their teams (normally Livingston) is gonna go all the way, and they don't realize the difference in 7AA and 8AA teams. Now I will admit LA has a very good team this year, I saw them at the East Lit tournament and they were pretty good, especially at getting up and down the floor with their quick guards, but Goodpasture has some pretty good guards too and a very good post in Zach Frey. 8AA has some of the biggest players in this area with Frey, Greer, Jamison, Adams, and the other big guy from Goodpasture. But like I said in another thread, LA has just as good a chance to go to sub-state as the 8AA teams, but it won't be easy and they are going to see a different style of basketball in this tournament than most of what they faced in the regular season.

Again, I'm not saying LA (and the rest of 7AA) doesn't have a chance, I'm just saying be prepared because once the region tournament starts, 7AA fans always seem to be surprised when none or only one of their teams make it past the first round.

Edited by catsbball1

<_< This is already pretty funny and I'm pretty sure it's only gonna get better. Now I have now idea who's gonna win the GP/LA game, could be either team by 20 for all I know, but one thing I do know is there are always people from 7AA that come into the region tournament assuming at least one of their teams (normally Livingston) is gonna go all the way, and they don't realize the difference in 7AA and 8AA teams. Now I will admit LA has a very good team this year, I saw them at the East Lit tournament and they were pretty good, especially at getting up and down the floor with their quick guards, but Goodpasture has some pretty good guards too and a very good post in Zach Frey. 8AA has some of the biggest players in this area with Frey, Greer, Jamison, Adams, and the other big guy from Goodpasture. But like I said in another thread, LA has just as good a chance to go to sub-state as the 8AA teams, but it won't be easy and they are going to see a different style of basketball in this tournament than most of what they faced in the regular season.

Again, I'm not saying LA (and the rest of 7AA) doesn't have a chance, I'm just saying be prepared because once the region tournament starts, 7AA fans always seem to be surprised when none or only one of their teams make it past the first round.

I don't think that would surprise anyone who knows their basketball! As I said in another post, I will be surprised if anyone from our district besides LA stays within 10 points in the first round!! But if LA plays their "A" game they got a chance to win region.

:lol: This is already pretty funny and I'm pretty sure it's only gonna get better. Now I have now idea who's gonna win the GP/LA game, could be either team by 20 for all I know, but one thing I do know is there are always people from 7AA that come into the region tournament assuming at least one of their teams (normally Livingston) is gonna go all the way, and they don't realize the difference in 7AA and 8AA teams. Now I will admit LA has a very good team this year, I saw them at the East Lit tournament and they were pretty good, especially at getting up and down the floor with their quick guards, but Goodpasture has some pretty good guards too and a very good post in Zach Frey. 8AA has some of the biggest players in this area with Frey, Greer, Jamison, Adams, and the other big guy from Goodpasture. But like I said in another thread, LA has just as good a chance to go to sub-state as the 8AA teams, but it won't be easy and they are going to see a different style of basketball in this tournament than most of what they faced in the regular season.

Kind of like 8AA's girls teams, only last year did anyone make a dent in 7AA dominance and i don't like 8AA's chances of winning a game on that side this year. As for the men's side of it. Well only Livingston has a chance of winning it all but Upperman should beat White House. If LA beats Goodpasture then they'll win the region tournament. <_<

Edited by devilfanatic

I don't think that would surprise anyone who knows their basketball! As I said in another post, I will be surprised if anyone from our district besides LA stays within 10 points in the first round!! But if LA plays their "A" game they got a chance to win region.

I agree, LA has just as good a chance as the 8AA teams, but I'm just saying if they lose as well as the other 7AA teams, there are always people that seem surprised they all lost, the people that didn't realize the difference in 7AA and 8AA. But yeah, LA is a good team and will definitely compete with the 8AA teams. I don't know anything about the other teams so I can't say anything except I've heard they aren't a match for 8AA, but LA is the only 7AA team I've seen this year so I'm not sure.

Kind of like 8AA's girls teams, only last year did anyone make a dent in 7AA dominance and i don't like 8AA's chances of winning a game on that side this year. As for the men's side of it. Well only Livingston has a chance of winning it all but Upperman should beat White House. If LA beats Goodpasture then they'll win the region tournament. :huh:

Yeah, it's kinda funny how opposite these districts are when it comes to girls and boys. But I do know DCA girls are one of the top girls teams in the state so I expect them to win but after that I don't know. I would consider Upperman beating White House an upset but like I said, I haven't seen the other 7AA teams this year so I don't know. And LA going all the way if they beat Goodpasture won't be easy, they would need 3 really good "A" games to do that but we'll see.

I don't see where you can talk about 8AA's dominance over 7AA considering the teams that did the dominating ( MLK, D. Lipscomb, Hume Fogg, and Portland) are eithe in another district or way down from years past. The current teams in 8AA are much more similar in talent to 7AA than in years past. That being said, 8AA may dominate again but I don't think this district is anywhere close to the level it has been the last 4 years or so.

I don't see where you can talk about 8AA's dominance over 7AA considering the teams that did the dominating ( MLK, D. Lipscomb, Hume Fogg, and Portland) are eithe in another district or way down from years past. The current teams in 8AA are much more similar in talent to 7AA than in years past. That being said, 8AA may dominate again but I don't think this district is anywhere close to the level it has been the last 4 years or so.

I'll agree with that but neither is district 7AA being that LA had only 2 close district games all year! And that was only because LA had really bad games! And replying to another post,I also think Upperman winning would be a big upset!