Cathoic V. Seymour

Flyguy2100

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game presents some matchup problems for the Irish, but I think Catholic with their relentless post play, clutch play down the stretch, and a guard in Matt Parton that leads by example by scoring 25 when he has to, or playing tough defense, or the most importantly he handles the ball and doesnt make mistakes that hurt his team.. I would say this has upset potential, but I find it hard to believe that Matt Parton with his shooting touch is going to have the same offensive performance in the region that he had in the district. He scored 18 in the whole district tournamet after averaging almost 17 a game in the regualr season, I think he goes for 18 or more and the Irish win a close one thats not decided until the final 3 min. Good Luck Catholic.

This game presents some matchup problems for the Irish, but I think Catholic with their relentless post play, clutch play down the stretch, and a guard in Matt Parton that leads by example by scoring 25 when he has to, or playing tough defense, or the most importantly he handles the ball and doesnt make mistakes that hurt his team.. I would say this has upset potential, but I find it hard to believe that Matt Parton with his shooting touch is going to have the same offensive performance in the region that he had in the district. He scored 18 in the whole district tournamet after averaging almost 17 a game in the regualr season, I think he goes for 18 or more and the Irish win a close one thats not decided until the final 3 min. Good Luck Catholic.

Matt Parton scored 18 in the district tournament because of the types of defenses AC and Loudon played on him. He did not force any bad shots. In fact he hit 2 threes vs Loudon that sparked a 15-0 run and put the game away for the Fighting Irish. Versus AC he took only 6 shots. Catholic is far from a one man show, however he does hit clutch shots when they need them. As far as match up problems Catholic three post players are a hard matchup because the are so big and athletic all three can guard post players, guards or wings. Walden is a 6'1 guard so they present matchup problems as well.

Edited by ScottA11