Region 5-A

NCSbballfan05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

van buren should have a good game on their hands tonight they should come out with the win if they play the way their capabl of but i haven't heard to much about ncs but i think we can win go eagles but they also have to play the whole game not just halfs.

NCS, from what I can tell, is alot like the VB eagles. The NCS eagles have about one bad quater a game, maybe two. For either one of the teams to win, they do have to play complete games. If both teams play all 4 quarters, it should be a great game. Good luck to both Eagles.

Last night, Eagleville played their "jitter game" against McEwen and survived. They are playing with a lot of confidence because McEwen was up 10 I think at one point and the Eagles came roaring back. East Robertson looked like a #1 seed against Cascade last night. Cascade had a manageable half-time deficit of 7 points but did not answer the bell in the third quarter and that is when East Robertson dropped the hammer on the young Champs. Good luck to both Van Buren and to Chapel Hill tonight.

Last night, Eagleville played their "jitter game" against McEwen and survived. They are playing with a lot of confidence because McEwen was up 10 I think at one point and the Eagles came roaring back. East Robertson looked like a #1 seed against Cascade last night. Cascade had a manageable half-time deficit of 7 points but did not answer the bell in the third quarter and that is when East Robertson dropped the hammer on the young Champs. Good luck to both Van Buren and to Chapel Hill tonight.

From the looks of the final score McEwen gave Eagleville all they wanted. Keep in mind McEwen is a good team and ended up 4th out of district 10 tournament. Just trying to keep things in perspective here. Eagleville is the #1 seed out of 9A and McEwen is the #4 seed out of 10A. And you call this a "jitter game" ? Is it possible Eagleville just faced tougher competition last night and that is why the score was so close.

No. Eagleville had an uncharacteristic number of turnovers and didn't shoot well. Expect to see a different team the next time out. Don't count out District 9. Van Buren Co. and Forrest both will contend well in their games and may just win. There's not a lot of difference in all these teams as we will all soon see. Good luck to all.

Edited by FLYNHAWAIIN

No. Eagleville had an uncharacteristic number of turnovers and didn't shoot well. Expect to see a different team the next time out. Don't count out District 9. Van Buren Co. and Forrest both will contend well in their games and may just win. There's not a lot of difference in all these teams as we will all soon see. Good luck to all.

well forrest and cascade got whooped....and eagleville barely survived...van buren had better step up for district 9 or theres not gonna be alot to cheer about

Nashville Christian 51 Van Buren Co. 46

I've got to give it up to VB in coming back and making a great game out of it. It was 37-21, NCS, @ the half. VB came out smoking hot in the 3rd. It was a back and forth in the 4th, but NCS held off the come back. I will say that it wasn't the best officiated game I've seen this year, but it was called poorly on both teams.

I am just wondering why 9-A thought they'd control the tournement. Did you think you weren't going to have any competition?

I will have to say East Lit. is by far the most athletic school Forrest has played this year in single A. Close game (4 points) until 6 minutes left to go in the fourth and the levy broke. Flagrent foul, coach tech., and offensive rebounding from East lit. were the cause of a 10 - 0 run in about a 2 minute period. I'm proud of the boys from Chapel Hill and good luck Eagleville.

well forrest and cascade got whooped....and eagleville barely survived...van buren had better step up for district 9 or theres not gonna be alot to cheer about

Nashville Christian = 51

Van Buren Co = 46

Good game .. 1st half NCS was up by 15 or so at half time. Things got tight in second half and NCS didn't score but 14 points. But pulled out the win with good defense. They play Eagleville tomorrow night should be a good game. Looks like East Literature with be playing East Robertson again tomorrow night also. Looks at though district 10 is representing their schools and district very well so far. If NCS can win tomorrow it puts distritct 10 in the sub state for sure. Good luck to all teams.