Racism in Spain

lcsoccer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These things seems to happen the most in Spain and Italy. Italy has been taking some action against it lately by making clubs played in empty stadium for several weeks among other punishments. Brazillian, African, and Asian players are usually the victims of these things and they need to take bigger actions against it. Fining a club 600 euros will do nothing more than encourage the racist fans to continue their behaviors. FIFA is taking it seriously and will come up with a greater punishment soon.

Guest cockett8

Samuel Eto'o of Barcalona was taunted by Zaragosa fans when they directed monkey chants towards him yesterday. He tried to leave the field but was convinced to stay by the ref and teammates. Shame this has to happen in soccer. Third time this year it has happened in Zaragosa. Seems like they should take extreme action..

THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT GOD CREATED EVERYBODY EQUAL I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN SOMEBODY ELSE BECAUSE THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN :thumb:

Dont get me wrong this is a terroble thing that happened.

Action should be taken, but what can you do? Racism is everywhere and is one of many flaws in this world.

you cant stop the fans from coming to the games? it has to be a change of mind in the fans(and the World) themselves, which may not happen?

Racism is Still Alive Today

And its WRONG

you cant stop the fans from coming to the games?

Sure you can. It's called playing your home games behind closed doors until the fans can shut their mouths. And you're right, racism is everywhere, but Italy and Spain are the two countries that show it the most. If the clubs won't take action, then UEFA and/or FIFA will and should.

yes, but if the entire crowd is blatantly harrassing someone (eto') for instance, the club should be sanctioned somehow, that is ridiculous. Last time England played Spain at the Bernabeu in Madrid Ashley Cole, Rio were subjected to harrassment by literally the entire crowd. Europeans think they are so culturally advanced, I think that is a load of crap.

Technically yes i guess you could stop the fans from coming to the games...but what is the point of (futbol) soccer,basketball,baseball,anysport? the point is entertainment for the FAN! yes the racisim must stop but, emlinating the fans would (in a business matter) destory the team finanicly but something must be done...

so if I or you were to go to a UT football game....and there happen to be someone of a different race playing and being made fun by the majiority of the fans because thier skin color...and the university stopped fans from coming to the Neyland Stadium....why should we not be able to watch the games live? bc the majority was racisit???? i dont think so....

but i highly doubt that entire stadium was racist to eto' ...maybe but its unlikly

Something should be done, but not emliminating the fans bc not all fans were racist.

BUT if you punished all of them then maybe the others would change bc they love the game....and want to see thier team play.....

Edited by Ole! Ole!

but what is the point of (futbol) soccer,basketball,baseball,anysport? the point is entertainment for the FAN! yes the racisim must stop but, emlinating the fans would (in a business matter) destory the team finanicly but something must be done...

I'm pretty sure no pro athlete plays for the fans. The point of those sports is competition. The fans should realize what they're doing and stop. If they are costing their team money, it's no one's fault but the fans. They need to grow up. Zaragosa has done this THREE times. I understand it's not ALL the fans, but u can't just igore it and act like it hasn't happened. Hope the fans are happy tho, they cost the club ($10,000)

Ok thats is sad to hear....bc if players arent playing for the fans...which may be the case in some instances then why are they playing for money? if it was pure competition why is it a "Job"....there "job" is not to compete. It is to entertain the fans.

Take the fans away, then the players arent getting paid therefore, instead of "playing for competition" they wont be playing at all....

I know soccer players arent the highest paid athletes, but its there job is to entertain BY COMPETING!

The competition is the entertainment....

But if we dont agree on that...thats ok...bc the bottom line is that something must be done to end it.

Edited by Ole! Ole!

Technically yes i guess you could stop the fans from coming to the games...but what is the point of (futbol) soccer,basketball,baseball,anysport? the point is entertainment for the FAN! yes the racisim must stop but, emlinating the fans would (in a business matter) destory the team finanicly but something must be done...

so if I or you were to go to a UT football game....and there happen to be someone of a different race playing and being made fun by the majiority of the fans because thier skin color...and the university stopped fans from coming to the Neyland Stadium....why should we not be able to watch the games live? bc the majority was racisit???? i dont think so....

but i highly doubt that entire stadium was racist to eto' ...maybe but its unlikly

Something should be done, but not emliminating the fans bc not all fans were racist.

BUT if you punished all of them then maybe the others would change bc they love the game....and want to see thier team play.....

I don't think you really understand what u r saying. I think even FIFA can tell u that the point of the game is for the joy and competition it brings to millions of people. So if the player performing on the pitch is been racially abuse and u think its unlikely that something can be done, and teams shouldn't be punish by playing in empty stadiums, then something must be wrong with u. Business matter?? FIFA is alerady complaining about the business side of the game ruining the worls's game... so making clubs play in empty stadiums will only help clubs and their fans realize how serious and unacceptable these things are. I t doesn't matter if it was all the fans or just few doing it, its unacceptable.

I don't think you really understand what u r saying. I think even FIFA can tell u that the point of the game is for the joy and competition it brings to millions of people. So if the player performing on the pitch is been racially abuse and u think its unlikely that something can be done, and teams shouldn't be punish by playing in empty stadiums, then something must be wrong with u. Business matter?? FIFA is alerady complaining about the business side of the game ruining the worls's game... so making clubs play in empty stadiums will only help clubs and their fans realize how serious and unacceptable these things are. I t doesn't matter if it was all the fans or just few doing it, its unacceptable.

Well put.

there "job" is not to compete. It is to entertain the fans.

Fill me in here man. I'm not dogging you. I just don't understand. But I agree something has to be done.