What should Walker Valley do?

ironman55

AS of 2/27/06, Bradley County is 2.36 in. behind on the rain gage. Thanks for contributing.

And now for why WV can't stop wrestling or any other sport with BC is because the Central education office dictates along with Cleveland City's administation that each school rotates home matches each year which creates good gates.

Example, wrestling this year. Cleveland at Bradley, Bradley at Walker, Walker at Cleveland.

Football, Bradley at Cleveland, Walker at Bradley, Cleveland at WV.

Time will be better spent getting better for next year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley and Walker Valley are in the same district while Bradley and Baylor were not. This requires that they compete every year. Having spoke with a Bradley coach last weekend in casual conversation they moved from the Bradley district to the WV district so he could wrestle for WV and have since moved back to the Bradley district. By TSSAA rules of moving from district to district and maintaining/gaining eligibility the family has satisfied the rules.

Bradley and Walker Valley are in the same district while Bradley and Baylor were not. This requires that they compete every year. Having spoke with a Bradley coach last weekend in casual conversation they moved from the Bradley district to the WV district so he could wrestle for WV and have since moved back to the Bradley district. By TSSAA rules of moving from district to district and maintaining/gaining eligibility the family has satisfied the rules.

So did the family move into the new district or is it how some folks do. Rent an apartment or Condo to get the address.

Who would want to move twice in one year.

Sounds like they are manipulating the TSSAA rules.

What is this teaching their son? If you don't like it manipulate the rules?

So did the family move into the new district or is it how some folks do. Rent an apartment or Condo to get the address.

Who would want to move twice in one year.

Sounds like they are manipulating the TSSAA rules.

What is this teaching their son? If you don't like it manipulate the rules?

Coaches "manipulate" the rules all the time, so to answer, that is what we are teaching our sons.

An example would be the suspension of a DII coach last year right before the state tournament. In order to sit out the required time, a "regular season" match was scheduled to fullfil the "sit out time". Do you think that is in the spirt of the rules, or more likely a manipulation of the rules. btw, I am not passing judgement on the example, makes sense to me.

Coaches "manipulate" the rules all the time, so to answer, that is what we are teaching our sons.

An example would be the suspension of a DII coach last year right before the state tournament. In order to sit out the required time, a "regular season" match was scheduled to fullfil the "sit out time". Do you think that is in the spirt of the rules, or more likely a manipulation of the rules. btw, I am not passing judgement on the example, makes sense to me.

U are a wise man tex23! I wish the kid in the biting incident could have found a way to manipulation the rules.

U are a wise man tex23! I wish the kid in the biting incident could have found a way to manipulation the rules.

Master Blaster/Rigger. Too bad we didn't go back and finish the job at Desert Storm.

FYI - I was talking to Mr. Cordell and he told me that the TSSAA made him show proof of selling his home in Halmiton Co. and proof of his new residence in Bradley Co. before BC could allow his son on the team. I'm sure with this experience BC admin/coaches are all over it.

Tough loss for WV though. Sly will have it going strong in a couple of years anyway. :lol:

Tanner had been wanting to go back to Bradley for some time.

There was not any recruiting of him involved. He intended to come back long before Coach Logsdon even knew he himself was coming back to Bradley.

If hes not eligible he wont wrestle.

If he is should Bradley refuse to give him a second chance?

What would other schools do, refuse him?

Ironman, once again there is no issue here. Try as you might you are alerting no one to any possible violation on Bradley's part.

Bradley coaches and administration are very up on what is legal and what is not as is Walker Valley. Neither school would be dumb enough to knowingly take someone that is not eligible.

Edited by 2@140

When a DII school allegedly recruited a Bradley wrestler years ago, Bradley stopped competing with DII schools. Isn’t it fair for Walker Valley to give Bradley the same treatment when Bradley recruits one of its best wrestlers?

Are you just slow or what? Bradley didnt recruit him. Have someone read to you all previous posts.

If it makes him feel good to say it is fair, then sure, Ironman55, it is fair.

But to believe that, you would have to think that Baylor lost something in the decision. I bet you any amount, that is not how Baylor sees the situation. They lost nothing in that Bradley decision. Same thing would hold true if WV could make a decision to not be on some schools schedule. It would effect WV, not the other school. One school does not validate it's program based on one regular dual meet a year.

Why is it that when someone leaves Bradley or another DI program, they are recruited, bribed, and, heck, even their Dad gets a new job. But when someone goes to Bradley or another DI program, no recruiting is involved?

Supposedly, the move to the other DI school is only done for the best interest of the wrestler.

Why is it that when someone leaves Bradley or another DI program, they are recruited, bribed, and, heck, even their Dad gets a new job. But when someone goes to Bradley or another DI program, no recruiting is involved?

Supposedly, the move to the other DI school is only done for the best interest of the wrestler.

Recruit - To enroll or seek to enroll

did bradley try to get him to come back? no

didn't they kick him off in the first place? i don't think they'd do that, then try to "recruit" him back

ironman55, you're just trying to start things, please go learn english, then learn logic

Edited by intothechance