Greeneville - Sullivan South Predictions

orange_nation

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that South has a chance to win. Wiggins is a very good player but he is not used to playing against someone as tall as Levi. i think it will be a very good game. i wouldn't count South out just yet. Beau is very good inside and Aaron is good from the 3-point, so i think it will be a very good game.

not too many people are used to guarding someone as tall as ashworth BUT height hasn't proven to win many games against good competition. I don't want to come off like a lot of people on here getting personal in attacking other fans and players. with that being said ashworth plays flat footed most of the time. He should get most rebounds near the basket but in the DB game Friday, unless he could raise him arms and the ball just come to him he didn't jump or move for many rebounds. And he is very foul prone when teams drive the ball and take the game to him...he fouled out of the last 2 games with alot of time on the clock. He has the height and long arms though and you can't teach height. I'm sure he's a good kid and he has a scholarship to show for his efforts but if he played up to his height he would be unstoppable. Hauldren is the MVP of that team and he is a hoss and rebounds like a vaccum cleaner....he just has no help. just my opinion and i know the south fans will claim that is an arrogant DB fan bad mouth...but there is a lot of truth to it. South does have a chance though becuase I believe top to bottom the big 9 is better and any team is beatable but South can't just stand around and hope Levi has a great game while Hauldren bears the offensive load.

I'm a G'ville fan and certainly the Big 9 is overall a stronger conference. I do believe, however, that G'ville will win this game by about 10 pts or so - but I think most of the games in the tournament will be fairly competitive. A couple of games will be blow-outs, however.

In the quarter-finals, Science Hill will beat M'town East by 25 or so (75-50), Central will beat Jeff Co by 20 or so (66-46), M'town West has a chance against DB (I'll take M'town West for the heck of it 54-50), and like I said, G'ville will beat South (66-56).

In the semis, Central will beat M'town West 72-61, and I'm going out on a limb here but G'ville will beat Science Hill again by a score of 74-67.

In the championship game, G'ville will squeak one out in the last minute with a 72-70 victory over Central.

Once again, I hope no one considers this trash-talking. This post is just my opinion. Some may think I'm crazy, some may think I'm right on - but it is my opinion. All of the teams in the region are solid except for M'town East and Jeff County and it should be a fun tournament to watch. But in the end, I have to go with G'ville. Have fun.

I'm a G'ville fan and certainly the Big 9 is overall a stronger conference. I do believe, however, that G'ville will win this game by about 10 pts or so - but I think most of the games in the tournament will be fairly competitive. A couple of games will be blow-outs, however.

In the quarter-finals, Science Hill will beat M'town East by 25 or so (75-50), Central will beat Jeff Co by 20 or so (66-46), M'town West has a chance against DB (I'll take M'town West for the heck of it 54-50), and like I said, G'ville will beat South (66-56).

In the semis, Central will beat M'town West 72-61, and I'm going out on a limb here but G'ville will beat Science Hill again by a score of 74-67.

In the championship game, G'ville will squeak one out in the last minute with a 72-70 victory over Central.

Once again, I hope no one considers this trash-talking. This post is just my opinion. Some may think I'm crazy, some may think I'm right on - but it is my opinion. All of the teams in the region are solid except for M'town East and Jeff County and it should be a fun tournament to watch. But in the end, I have to go with G'ville. Have fun.

not slighting gville...should have said i believe the 4 teams from big 9 are top to bottom better but i agree gvegas is tops at the moment. anything can (and usually does happen)

I think G'ville and the teams for the Big 9 are all very good teams, but i can't make any predictions because it is tournament time and anything can happen. I do have a good feeling that it will come down to Central and G'ville, but i don't know. Good luck to all the teams.

i thank south will beat the "transfer "high greene devils. moall off souths loses have been to teams that have won 20 or more games except boone. they have had a good year and are battle tested, i thank the will win by 5 and D>B> and the toppers will play for the championship , with the indians winning by 15 . the HUBMASTER has spoken

not too many people are used to guarding someone as tall as ashworth BUT height hasn't proven to win many games against good competition. I don't want to come off like a lot of people on here getting personal in attacking other fans and players. with that being said ashworth plays flat footed most of the time. He should get most rebounds near the basket but in the DB game Friday, unless he could raise him arms and the ball just come to him he didn't jump or move for many rebounds. And he is very foul prone when teams drive the ball and take the game to him...he fouled out of the last 2 games with alot of time on the clock. He has the height and long arms though and you can't teach height. I'm sure he's a good kid and he has a scholarship to show for his efforts but if he played up to his height he would be unstoppable. Hauldren is the MVP of that team and he is a hoss and rebounds like a vaccum cleaner....he just has no help. just my opinion and i know the south fans will claim that is an arrogant DB fan bad mouth...but there is a lot of truth to it. South does have a chance though becuase I believe top to bottom the big 9 is better and any team is beatable but South can't just stand around and hope Levi has a great game while Hauldren bears the offensive load.

You speak the truth. No post help for Hauldren and they had a decent point guard until he threw a hissy fit at the Arby's and decided to take it out on a chair, breaking his hand in the process. Point Guard loses his spot, then get's all mental because he lost his spot, then it's turnover city for him. So much talent on that team and all those guys on that team p**ssed the season away. The only guys who look like they want to be out there are Hauldren and Compton. Having said all that...you can't say to many bad things about a team that won over 20 games. They lost to Tn. High(20 game winner), Science Hill(20 game winner) Central(20 Game winner), DB(20 game winner), Henry Carr from Canada, A team from Alaska....the only game they really blew was the Boone game...

You speak the truth. No post help for Hauldren and they had a decent point guard until he threw a hissy fit at the Arby's and decided to take it out on a chair, breaking his hand in the process. Point Guard loses his spot, then get's all mental because he lost his spot, then it's turnover city for him. So much talent on that team and all those guys on that team p**ssed the season away. The only guys who look like they want to be out there are Hauldren and Compton. Having said all that...you can't say to many bad things about a team that won over 20 games. They lost to Tn. High(20 game winner), Science Hill(20 game winner) Central(20 Game winner), DB(20 game winner), Henry Carr from Canada, A team from Alaska....the only game they really blew was the Boone game...

agree...it is bad when we talk about a team winning 20 games and underachieving! alot of talent...maybe they will put it all together and make a run...anything is possible. plus they had good success against the imac w/ 2 wins vs mo east

agree...it is bad when we talk about a team winning 20 games and underachieving! alot of talent...maybe they will put it all together and make a run...anything is possible. plus they had good success against the imac w/ 2 wins vs mo east

I agree....maybe they will put it together. Mo East does not have much but they got better as the season progressed..

You can't do anything with a bunch of teenagers these days. I know cause I helped raise one. He was stubborn as could be, must have got that off the ex... :( Very few are committed to going the extra mile, putting in more effort...all of them want to see their name in the paper, their mommies and daddies want to see them play, whether they can play or not. It's not like it was in the good old days, the days of the Upper Lakes...those were the days, guys stayed in the gym honing their skills...these days guys are worried about chest thumping, playing time, going out after the game....stuff like that. And we wonder why teams from Upper Northeast Tennessee rarely bring home the trophy from Murfreesboro....

The teams that have guys who are committed bring home the stuff, the ones who work hard....the rest just get to sit home and watch...