Lake County vs. Greenfield

44points

I don't consider chanting "Union City" to the LC fans very classy...

Please dont try and start something about our fans, if it happened I apologize. Lake County has a very good team and played well. They should be able to go to Jackson and win against either team. I hope they do. Lets send two teams from Region 7 and support each other. I hope the Westview and Gleason fans will also come and help root for us. We are just enjoying the moment, its been a long time.

Go Lady Jackets

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield[/url'>fan' post='825966704' date='Mar 1 2006 - 11:04 AM']

Please dont try and start something about our fans, if it happened I apologize. Lake County has a very good team and played well. They should be able to go to Jackson and win against either team. I hope they do. Lets send two teams from Region 7 and support each other. I hope the Westview and fans will also come and help root for us. We are just enjoying the moment, its been a long time.

Go Lady Jackets

I will be there cheering on the Lady Jackets..... :thumb:

Edited by heavyd

I will be there too, and am predicting a 10 -15 point win over TCA....I think Madison gets them this time.

greenfieldfan trivia:

Who beat Greenfield in 1985 in the state semis?

Who did Greenfield beat in that monumental County Championship game back in 1986? (I can't even remember back then, but it was around my time in junior high)

Please dont try and start something about our fans, if it happened I apologize. Lake County has a very good team and played well. They should be able to go to Jackson and win against either team. I hope they do. Lets send two teams from Region 7 and support each other. I hope the Westview and Gleason fans will also come and help root for us. We are just enjoying the moment, its been a long time.

Go Lady Jackets

I think your fans started it by chanting it, don't you? I understand enjoying the moment but our boys team had nothing to do with it. So please don't make this out to be someone else starting something. It was tacky you know it and so do I.

Martin in the 1986 County Championship game. Greenfield ended up 13-1 with its only loss to Martin. Greenfield boys and girls won the county. I dont remember the opponent at the state but I'll ask someone (Mr. Durden) who knows at lunch today. I was there but I'm getting old.

Martin is steal realing from that county championship loss. :thumb:

Go Lady Jackets

I am sorry Greenfieldfan, I know you have been a great supporter of Gleason Basketball but after the "showing" ya'll gave us on Saturday night, I can't be a fan of Greenfield's right now. Our girls were devastated by the loss, and to have to run by Greenfield fans and get taunted by them is going too far. I wish Greenfield could have suppported us on Saturday Night so there may have been a chance for two Weakley County teams to go to State but that wasn't the case. I know you are not included in this group, but for the most part I, along with other parents had their hearts broke to have to listen to their daughter's repeating things that were said to them.

A suggestion: (I wasn't there, and don't know how fans reacted)

Why can't towns in Weakley county learn to get along and have a mutual respect for each other. There is no excuse, in my opinion, for teams to root against each other when they are not even playing. It would have been wonderful if Gleason and Greenfield could both have the opportunity to go to substate and play in the 'Boro. Why not root for each other, and when you play each other, support YOUR team. MUTUAL RESPECT

I recall this same thing happening with Dresden and Gleason last year. It is amazing how everyone's season is made with a win over Gleason or going furthur than Gleason. I guess when a program like Gleason has been so good for so long, these things happen. I know I have a lot of respect for what a little ole town like Gleason has done in girls' basketball. I know that Gleason folks are sick right now (I feel the same way), when you are on top and fall, there will be those that laugh and are happy.

It is Greenfield's time to shine now, and I am proud for what Coach Trevathan has done over there. I just wish others in the county felt the same way. GOOD LUCK, and remember, one game at a time!!!

Edited by WesCharge

A suggestion: (I wasn't there, and don't know how fans reacted)

Why can't towns in Weakley county learn to get along and have a mutual respect for each other. There is no excuse, in my opinion, for teams to root against each other when they are not even playing. It would have been wonderful if Gleason and Greenfield could both have the opportunity to go to substate and play in the 'Boro. Why not root for each other, and when you play each other, support YOUR team. MUTUAL RESPECT

I recall this same thing happening with Dresden and Gleason last year. It is amazing how everyone's season is made with a win over Gleason or going furthur than Gleason. I guess when a program like Gleason has been so good for so long, these things happen. I know I have a lot of respect for what a little ole town like Gleason has done in girls' basketball. I know that Gleason folks are sick right now (I feel the same way), when you are on top and fall, there will be those that laugh and are happy.

It is Greenfield's time to shine now, and I am proud for what Coach Trevathan has done over there. I just wish others in the county felt the same way. GOOD LUCK, and remember, one game at a time!!!

They do it for the same reason that Obion and Gibson fans cheered for each other when they played Westview......that is part of it......people shoot for you when you are on top. :P

GO LADY JACKETS!!!

They do it for the same reason that Obion and Gibson fans cheered for each other when they played Westview......that is part of it......people shoot for you when you are on top. :P

GO LADY JACKETS!!!

heavyd...the fact is no one wants to play you because ya'll are so good...not trying to get a heated discussion out of this or nothing..but when your as good as ya'll are no one wants to play you come tournament time in an elimination game...I have respect for ya'll as well as obion...i will admit i was pullin for obion just because i did not want to play ya'll again but deep down inside i really thought ya'll would have tore obion central apart and now that we are out i kind of wish westview would have made it all the way :blink: i'll let it be known now as a gibson co. fan westview was by far the best team in 13aa this year and were one of the best in the state...as i'm sure ya'll will be again next year...where will crittendon (#13 right?) be playing college ball at ?

Edited by GCPioneer