2. Collinwood - Coaching will win them games

3. Wayne County - There Jr. High has been very good the past few years

4. Cornersville - Suprise team of next season

5. Moore County - Unless players have quit

6. Huntland

7. Perry County

8. CA

9. Zion

I agree with this.Mt. Pleasant is hands down the team to beat with Daily.Got to see this kid play once this year and he was phenomenal.If this kid has got the grades then you're looking at a D-1 prospect.Collinwood will win alot of games because there coach will outwork everyone in Region-6.The only team to give Mt.Pleasant a run for it.Cornersville is the team everyone better look out for.I posted awhile back that with there great coaching(Stockstill) experienced players returning, and players moving in(Marshall Co.) and other places they will be reckoned with.You beter be ready to play this bunch next year.It won't be the old Cornersville teams of the past.Wayne Co. has a chance to get to the playoffs if they can get there coaching situation worked out.That place is in a mess right now.Moore Co. was going to be the team to beat next year, but a bunch of there key players have quit.Huntland loses alot of talent.Perry Co. lost a bunch and they only won two games last year.Columbia Academy loses everyone, but they may bring in a player or two to help them.Zion will be hard pressed to win any games.There Junior high team was really good this year, so things look promising for the future.

It basically boils down to who works the hardest in the off-season.This region has been predominately the strongest region in the state for years, but things could be down somewhat next year!

What about the teams in region 5 next year? Being from Rutherford Co. and with Eagleville here how will they be next year?McEwen?Forrest?Cascade?Jo Byrns?

Its time for back to back to back region titles. I know this is good and all, but I bet Coach Smith and his staff are looking for something just a little more sweeter. Just curious, what is the record in Region 6 for consecutive undefeated region titles, or just consecutive titles? I know Collinwood had a good run a few years ago.

When you have one of the biggest schools in the region by enrollment, and you have ATHLETES you should win. Mt. Pleasant (349), Wayne Co. (349), Perry Co. (332), and Collinwood (324) should dominate Cornersville (264), Moore Co. (261), and most definitely CA (217) and Zion (?) Mt. Pleasant should be winning more than just the region with the athletes they have had, and they should be winning the region EVERY YEAR, like they have the past 2 seasons. Coach Smith has done a super job, but with their athletes, they should be winning - Plain and simple. Some things should be a given. Next year Mt. Pleasant winning the region should be a given, nobody should be able to stop their back (Daily). Teams couldn't stop him this year, and I don't see anybody being any better than last season with the exception of probably Cornersville, and they will be NO MATCH with his speed.

Collinwood has got the most consecutive wins I think 38 in a row.What a run! Yes I aree Mt. Pleasant should dominate every year no questions asked. They are in the line with Trousdale Co., Lake Co. and South Pittsburg.They have the same type athletes.Should dominate every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have one of the biggest schools in the region by enrollment, and you have ATHLETES you should win. Mt. Pleasant (349), Wayne Co. (349), Perry Co. (332), and Collinwood (324) should dominate Cornersville (264), Moore Co. (261), and most definitely CA (217) and Zion (?) Mt. Pleasant should be winning more than just the region with the athletes they have had, and they should be winning the region EVERY YEAR, like they have the past 2 seasons. Coach Smith has done a super job, but with their athletes, they should be winning - Plain and simple. Some things should be a given. Next year Mt. Pleasant winning the region should be a given, nobody should be able to stop their back (Daily). Teams couldn't stop him this year, and I don't see anybody being any better than last season with the exception of probably Cornersville, and they will be NO MATCH with his speed.

Wow, it wasn't too long that MP was the cellar dweller in 6A with all these athletes. I know athletes are important but give Coach Smith and his staff just a little credit. You can be the greatest athlete in the world, but if you don't have a great leader you can't bring anything to a team. Winning Region 6 is never a given because its the toughest region in 1A top to bottom. I'm sure if Coach Smith is a good coach he will not take anybody lightly. As far as Daily goes, he can't do it himself. JoByrns proved that. Other "athletes" will have to step up and take some heat off him for MP to win Region 6 and a state title. Whatever the case, its finally nice to hear MP being mention with other great powerhouse in the state of Tennessee in 1A.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

Wow, it wasn't too long that MP was the cellar dweller in 6A with all these athletes. I know athletes are important but give Coach Smith and his staff just a little credit. You can be the greatest athlete in the world, but if you don't have a great leader you can't bring anything to a team. Winning Region 6 is never a given because its the toughest region in 1A top to bottom. I'm sure if Coach Smith is a good coach he will not take anybody lightly. As far as Daily goes, he can't do it himself. JoByrns proved that. Other "athletes" will have to step up and take some heat off him for MP to win Region 6 and a state title. Whatever the case, its finally nice to hear MP being mention with other great powerhouse in the state of Tennessee in 1A.

If you notice, I said that Coach Smith has super job. I think that is giving Coach Smith a little credit. All I was saying was that they have and continue to have better athletes than everybody in the region, so they should win or compete for the championship year end and year out. Also in regards to Region 6 being the toughest region in 1A top to bottom, in some ways I would have to agree. I don't think they usually have the best team in the state, (Has anyone other than Moore County even gone to the clinic bowl from Region 6) but they always seem to have at least 5 teams every year with winning records (one usually doesn't make the play-offs) and several of the schools have made the play-offs in the past. Having said that I will go on to say that this region will be WAY DOWN this season. Therefore Mt. Pleasant should have no problem winning the region with their "athletes".

Its time for back to back to back region titles. I know this is good and all, but I bet Coach Smith and his staff are looking for something just a little more sweeter. Just curious, what is the record in Region 6 for consecutive undefeated region titles, or just consecutive titles? I know Collinwood had a good run a few years ago.

Moore County has the record with 5 region championships in a row from 95-99. Moore County also went 4 years without losing a region 6 game In the Mac era. The loss came at Wayneseboro 28-14 that ended that streak at the "no lights" field. Using a worn out football and jerseys with the numbers worn out on them.(haha), the good ole days of Mac and Coach Rice.

Also back in 1986 Spring Hill went to the Clinci Bowl when they were from region 6, Richland in 87, Moore County in 88 and 99. It's been a few years since anyone has gone from region 6.

Edited by BURLEY