Region 6 A

orange

I heard that the teaching positions in Wayne Co. are the hold up on the hiring of a coach. I heard some want Rice back, while others don't. I also heard Coach Rice may be going somewhere else as an assistant with his boys. Is Collinwood and Wayne Co. under the same school board?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the teaching positions in Wayne Co. are the hold up on the hiring of a coach. I heard some want Rice back, while others don't. I also heard Coach Rice may be going somewhere else as an assistant with his boys. Is Collinwood and Wayne Co. under the same school board?

Both are Wayne County. Also, Rice is now divorced, so he may or may not go elsewhere with his kids. He's not the only decision-maker there. Don't know what his status is at Perry County.

Who knows? There's been no official announcement, so anyone could still be named coach. I can see how the teaching openings could be a factor, but if a school really wants someone, that is often taken care of somehow.

I know who beat Daddy Mac in 1998, It was H-town lead by the Three Amigos Kinslow, Robinson,and Reed.....oh yeh not to forget Big Rob was and is the coach that won.

Daddy Mac beat Daddy Mac that night. He RAN Brandon Wells 37 times that night!

Everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to call defense on that.

I attend Wayne Co. and i havent heard ne news about a new coach...and this is in fact being kept hush hush and i really dont know why...but from wat ive heard Coach Rice wants to come back.

If they are keeping it hush hush then there is a "HooDoo" going down. Someone has a buddy getting the job.

I heard straight from Coach Rice that he dosnt really know anything. He didnt say he wanted or didnot want the job. I think Waynesboro should try their best to get him.

If they are keeping it hush hush then there is a "HooDoo" going down. Someone has a buddy getting the job.

I heard straight from Coach Rice that he dosnt really know anything. He didnt say he wanted or didnot want the job. I think Waynesboro should try their best to get him.

Not necessarily "HooDoo." They could be considering someone who may be contraversial, or has some baggage that they really don't want to let out. There could be other reasons. Most of us just don't know.

All kinds of reports/rumors are out and even being posted on this board. You say Rice didn't say he wanted or didn't want the job. Others say he definitely wants it. It was posted that Vandiver was going to be named coach. But 3-4 weeks ago somebody posted that Rice said he was definitely going back, just waiting for a teaching position to open up. I've heard it said that the current coach wasn't so sure he wanted to leave anymore. Who knows??

Everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to call defense on that.

If he had run on 4th and 1 a instead of trying to pass the ball they might have won. The Hornets were more prepared that night. 2 in a row, going for 3

Would like to know the "idiots" who don't want him back? You better get him while you got the chance. Him as a coach and his boys being that good he can go anywhere he wants big or small.You people have got problems in Wayne Co. This is a man that can take kids and make them believe in themselves. I know that things haven't been as good in Perry Co. but have you seen the players he has.The year he went 5-5 he should have gone 1-9. You better do something fast or you're going to lose him.Coach Rice just want what is best for his kids.Send him to Murfreesboro.We would welcome him with open arms and his boys!

Daddy Mac had ran the same plays every year and still does, every team he has ever played knows what he is gonna run but can you stop it??? About 89% they don't that night the stringers were the better team period.

Would like to know the "idiots" who don't want him back? You better get him while you got the chance. Him as a coach and his boys being that good he can go anywhere he wants big or small.You people have got problems in Wayne Co. This is a man that can take kids and make them believe in themselves. I know that things haven't been as good in Perry Co. but have you seen the players he has.The year he went 5-5 he should have gone 1-9. You better do something fast or you're going to lose him.Coach Rice just want what is best for his kids.Send him to Murfreesboro.We would welcome him with open arms and his boys!

No offense, but those "idiots" might know things that you don't.

Daddy Mac had ran the same plays every year and still does, every team he has ever played knows what he is gonna run but can you stop it??? About 89% they don't that night the stringers were the better team period.

Huntland was very athletic that year. They had more speed than we did period. We practiced more on Nashville Chrisitan that week than we did Huntland. Running #22 would have worked and it did. The Kinslow punt that was deflected by his own player then returned for a touchdown was the turning point. However that play was ilegal. It should have been our ball were it hit the deep snapper's head. The refs and Mac were in shock though.Then Robison's punt return killed us late in the game becasue of a missed tackle. You can blame Coach Mac, his game plan would have worked except for what I mentioned happened. Streaks are made to be broken and Huntland wasn't bad that year either. Heck, it took them 11 years to do it though. ;) I can't see any reason to second guess Coach Mac he is and was a proven winner.