Watertown hosting Class A State Championship

UCSportsFan

It doesn't matter what class you are in when talking about state championships. There is a reason why Jackson County was in AA, and that is because they had a similar enrollment as the rest of the AA schools. It is all relative in that if you can win a A state championship, then you can also win a AA or AAA state campionship because you will add more students and as a result more quality basketball players as you move up in classes.

You cannot say that Jackson County's championships are more impressive than Clarkrange's because let's pretned Clarkrange's enrollment is increased by 150 students or so. This new group of students might include Brandi Brown from York. If that was the case then Clarkrange would be able to play with any AA team in the state. I would venture to guess that Lamar would have gotten two AA state championships out of Brown. This thoery can work in the other way as well. Let's assume that Jackson County's enrollment in the late 90's-early 2000's decreased enough to move down to A. If Andrea Davidson and/or Marissa Hensley was one of those students who was no longer at Jackson County High School, then you could say they would have captured one, maybe two state championships in A instead of the four-peat.

Again, it is impossible to compare state championships in different classes.

Well seing that it's the only high school in the county, I dont see those girls going anywhere. :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seing that it's the only high school in the county, I dont see those girls going anywhere. :thumb:

Are there not enough students at JC to have a girls team? I was just asking since 4 of the 5 starters are from elsewhere? Oh, I also heard they were trying to recruit Leonard from RBS.

Edited by bearsgirl

I am a BIG BUFFALO fan. I want to congratulate Jordan Ramsey for signing today. I also want to tell Jacklyn Upchurch I really enjoy watching her play she is one of those players who never gets any credit because she doesn't have alot of points but always came up with a steal or a rebound when we needed it. I also want to wish Miranda Cravens the best of luck she is one of the best ballhandlers I have ever seen. Also Jordan Ramsey J5, she is the one girl that I really enjoy watching not only on the floor, but off she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever been around I have a daughter who thinks she is the best in our eyes she is. Having a lady like that for our younger kids to look up to is wonderful. SHE IS THE BEST!!!!

Good Luck to these girls and MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a BIG BUFFALO fan. I want to congratulate Jordan Ramsey for signing today. I also want to tell Jacklyn Upchurch I really enjoy watching her play she is one of those players who never gets any credit because she doesn't have alot of points but always came up with a steal or a rebound when we needed it. I also want to wish Miranda Cravens the best of luck she is one of the best ballhandlers I have ever seen. Also Jordan Ramsey J5, she is the one girl that I really enjoy watching not only on the floor, but off she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever been around I have a daughter who thinks she is the best in our eyes she is. Having a lady like that for our younger kids to look up to is wonderful. SHE IS THE BEST!!!!

Good Luck to these girls and MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did Ramsey sign to?

It doesn't matter what class you are in when talking about state championships. There is a reason why Jackson County was in AA, and that is because they had a similar enrollment as the rest of the AA schools. It is all relative in that if you can win a A state championship, then you can also win a AA or AAA state campionship because you will add more students and as a result more quality basketball players as you move up in classes.

You cannot say that Jackson County's championships are more impressive than Clarkrange's because let's pretned Clarkrange's enrollment is increased by 150 students or so. This new group of students might include Brandi Brown from York. If that was the case then Clarkrange would be able to play with any AA team in the state. I would venture to guess that Lamar would have gotten two AA state championships out of Brown. This thoery can work in the other way as well. Let's assume that Jackson County's enrollment in the late 90's-early 2000's decreased enough to move down to A. If Andrea Davidson and/or Marissa Hensley was one of those students who was no longer at Jackson County High School, then you could say they would have captured one, maybe two state championships in A instead of the four-peat.

Again, it is impossible to compare state championships in different classes.

How come the last year you guys won state, we got beat in substate and we still beat you by 40+ points in the season? I guess you would have beaten LA for state . They were only AA you know. :thumb: Edited by demondog1

Are there not enough students at JC to have a girls team? I was just asking since 4 of the 5 starters are from elsewhere? Oh, I also heard they were trying to recruit Leonard from RBS.

another post that don't know the facts ,name me 1 school that hasn't had students to move in and play sports.Half the population in jackson county has moved here

from somewhere else, we're glad to have them and their childern are welcome as students and any of them can try out for any sport we offer and there are a lot of

them that don't make the team that are still a valueable asset to our county.But I

can tell you 4 of 5 starters are not from somewhere else,but if they were they

would be one of us now because they live here , here by their families choice.

Edited by senator

How come the last year you guys won state, we got beat in substate and we still beat you by 40+ points in the season? I guess you would have beaten LA for state . They were only AA you know. :D

You need to understand what I was saying before you start jumping to conclusions. Bob77 made the comment that Jackson County would have won more state championships had they been in A. What I said to that comment is that it is impossible to make that assumption because Jackson County was in AA at the time and obviously for them to be in A, they would have to lose some students. And when they lost a certain number of students, who knows which girls might be in this group. We will never know if they would have won more state championships in A, because we will never know which students they would have been forced to give up to move down a class.

Now I agree that those Jackson County teams with Andrea Davidson would have dominated the state tournaments in A just like they did in AA. But you need to realize that they weren't in A. They had too many students to be in A.

Now I have a problem with you. ALL I SAID WAS IF JC WAS IN A, (Like they are now) I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE WON MORE THAN THEY DID IN AA. Do I not have a right to my opinion? You have typed 10 posts about half a page long chewing me out, saying that you dont know what girls would have left to make them single A. Thats just stupid, and you make no sense. I just made a one sentence remark about how talented they were and you just went nuts. GET A LIFE!

Now I have a problem with you. ALL I SAID WAS IF JC WAS IN A, (Like they are now) I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE WON MORE THAN THEY DID IN AA. Do I not have a right to my opinion? You have typed 10 posts about half a page long chewing me out, saying that you dont know what girls would have left to make them single A. Thats just stupid, and you make no sense. I just made a one sentence remark about how talented they were and you just went nuts. GET A LIFE!

I don't believe I was chewing you out, I was just saying that it isn't fair to say Jackson County would have won more in A. I definitely think they would have, and I even said that in my last post, but that is only if they had the same team. All I was trying to say in the first place is that Jackson County probably wouldn't have had the same team if they had been in A. Don't get mad at me for just stating the facts. I have nothing against the Jackson County program and I was cheering for them throughout the four-peat. I really enjoyed watching those girls play and I think Jim Brown is a great coach.

By the way, I think Shelbyville would have won more state championships in the 1990s had they been in A.

How come the last year you guys won state, we got beat in substate and we still beat you by 40+ points in the season? I guess you would have beaten LA for state . They were only AA you know. :(

That was two years ago, and JC didn't seem to miss a shot all game and we missed all game. Remember the year before that, when you won state (I think) JC lost to C-range in a HOF game. You guys are comparing apples to Oranges.

another post that don't know the facts ,name me 1 school that hasn't had students to move in and play sports.Half the population in jackson county has moved here

from somewhere else, we're glad to have them and their childern are welcome as students and any of them can try out for any sport we offer and there are a lot of

them that don't make the team that are still a valueable asset to our county.But I

can tell you 4 of 5 starters are not from somewhere else,but if they were they

would be one of us now because they live here , here by their families choice.

What was being said it is illegal to recruit or for any TWO players to move to a school for the sole purpose of playing a sport.