David Lipscomb 51 vs. Spring Hill 44

GoBama

Don't know much about Spring Hill, but I hear they are a lot like MLK - just not as good and as well coached. After the #1 seed Giles County got "upset" last night by #4 seed Hume Fogg, how do you think the #2 seeded Spring Hill team will do against #3 DL? I'm pretty sure Rob Mallernee will be suiting up to play tonight after injuring his ankle in the Pearl Cohn game last week.

Any predictions?

Spring Hill played a very agressive man defense, and went on a run in the 3rd qtr to take the lead. DL showed a lot of pride in coming back for the win. Basically, Spring Hill shot and missed a bunch of 3's at the end of the game and Lipscomb made the free throws at the end of the game.

A very tough game. Very proud of how Lipscomb pulled it out. After losing several close games throughout the year, the found a way to win a close one tonight. Yes, Lipscomb can beat MLK. They have done it before this year and might just do it again on Wednesday night.

Spring Hill played a very agressive man defense, and went on a run in the 3rd qtr to take the lead. DL showed a lot of pride in coming back for the win. Basically, Spring Hill shot and missed a bunch of 3's at the end of the game and Lipscomb made the free throws at the end of the game.

A very tough game. Very proud of how Lipscomb pulled it out. After losing several close games throughout the year, the found a way to win a close one tonight. Yes, Lipscomb can beat MLK. They have done it before this year and might just do it again on Wednesday night.

Sorry to see Spring Hills season end.... After they had such a good reg season and District tourney..... :thumb:

David Lipscomb.....13..8....12..18.....51

Spring Hill.............10..6....20...8......44

David Lipscomb Player Stats:

Josh Slater - 20 pts (2 threes, 6 of 9 FTs), 7 rebs, 1 asst

Caleb Clayton - 11 pts (1 three, 2 of 4 FTs), 8 rebs, 1 asst

Connor Prady - 6 pts (1 three, 3 of 4 FTs), 3 rebs

Trent Wilson - 5 pts (1 three), 3 rebs

Brad Hunt - 5 pts (1 of 2 FTs), 3 rebs

Joerdon Simpson - 3 pts (1 of 1 FTs), 2 rebs

Caleb Simpson - 1 pt (1 of 2 FTs)

#33 ? - 1 reb

Spring Hill Player Stats:

Trev Kinzer - 13 pts (1 three, 4 of 4 FTs), 3 rebs, 2 assts

Josh Caston - 11 pts (3 of 4 FTs), 12 rebs, 1 blk, 1 asst

Tommy Martin - 8 pts (0 of 1 FTs), 5 rebs

B. J. Wright - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts

Montae Brown - 6 pts (2 threes)

Mike Sweeny - 2 rebs, 2 assts

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: DL 5, SH 3

Free Throws: DL 14 of 22 (63.6%), SH 7 of 9 (77.8%)

Rebounds: DL 25, SH 25

Assists: DL 4, SH 7

Fouls: DL 11, SH 22

Turnovers: DL 17, SH 17

David Lipscomb led after the 1st qtr, 13-10, as Clayton had 5 with a three, both Slater and Prady each hit a three, and Wilson had 2 while Spring Hill's Kinzer had 5 with a three, Brown hit a three, and Caston had 2. In the 2nd qtr, DL outscored SH, 8-6, as Slater had 4 with 0 of 1 FTs, Wilson hit a three, and Hunt hit 1 of 2 FTs while SH's Kinzer hit 2 of 2 FTs and both Wright and Martin had 2 each as DL led at the half, 21-16. In the 3rd qtr, SH came back as they outscored DL, 20-12, as Caston had 7 with 3 of 4 FTs, Kinzer had 6 with 2 of 2 FTs, Martin had 4, and Brown hit a three while DL's Slater had 5 with a three and 2 of 2 FTs, J. Simpson had 3 with 1 of 1 FTs, and both Clayton and Hunt had 2 each as SH took the lead after 3 qtrs, 36-33. In the 4th qtr, DL outscored SH, 18-8, as Slater had 8 with 4 of 6 FTs, Clayton had 4 with 2 of 4 FTs, Prady hit 3 of 4 FTs, Hunt had 2, and C. Simpson hit 1 of 2 FTs while SH's Wright had 4, Caston had 2, and Martin had 2 with 0 of 1 FTs as David Lipscomb won 51-44 and advanced to the semi-final on Wed against Martin Luther King at 8:30.

Well the 10-AA didn't fare too well in the Regional as it will be an all 9-AA semi-final Wednesday as the Nashville area teams make the drive to Pulaski and two will return Thursday to decide the Region 5-AA Champion at 7:30. Wednesday's semi-final winners will qualify for the sectional, or sub-state as some call it, that will be played on Monday with the regional champion hosting a game and the regional runner-up traveling.

Sorry for the delay, culleokarep. I almost lost the entire post as I kept getting errors when trying to edit the original post, but luckily I copied it and re-entered as a reply - whew!!! I would hate to spend 20 more minutes typing it again.

I guess Giles started the 10-AA losing streak on Monday and Spring Hill finished it off last night. Maybe they should move the tournament back to Nashville somewhere since the only 10-AA team remaining in the entire regional is the Loretto girls.