Clay County vs Pickett County (Reg 4A Champ.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Dawg I will agree with you that both of the players mentioned may have let their frustrations get the better of them which shouldn't have happened. But I think all of us on here will agree that things of this nature happens frequently with athletes of this age and maturity... What I did hear from more than a few was that Mr. Wright was trying to settle differences and apologize during the all region pictures and Mr. Walden still didn't feel as if he should accept(which is of course his choice). So that matter should now remain in the past, just wanted to shed some light as to why Mr. Wright was trying to talk to Mr. Walden during photos and may have been misunderstood as more "jawing"....

Now, first of all I want to say that I am not from Pickett Co. nor am I from Clay... Just a fan who wanted to see a classic matchup between two quality teams from a district that I'm familiar with.. I will add that I am friends with Coach Bibb and Coach Edwards and know a few fine persons from each community...... What does bother me and am still quite steamed about today is the fact of a couple(notice I said a couple) fans from Clay discussing attitudes and sportmanship of players when evidently attitudes and sportsmanship of a few(notice I said a few) Clay Co. fans are NOT held to a much higher standard.

Devil, as a fan I can appreciate your level of enthusiasm as a fan and a father. I completely understand your questioning of officials calls, your sons play, or his teammates play. You showed sportsmanship for your team and I'm sure that is appreciated by all.... But as for the Clay Co. fan sitting to your right, MY PATIENCE WAS WORN TO AN ALMOST UNFORTUNATE CONFRONTATION THAT HE DESERVED!!! While sitting almost directly accross the gym I began watching the actions of he along with maybe 10-12 others sitting above you. His attitude and sportsmanship was appaling.. First of all he constantly yelled at Coach Bibb. A few witnesses sitting between he and Pickett's bench or in the immediate area heard this man call Coach Bibb a mf'er. He, along with those 10-12 others that I mentioned, boo'ed and waved bye when Mr. Wright fouled out of the game. He then proceeded to yell at the Pickett players and coach during team photos telling them to "get off the court". I can read lips pretty well and some was loud enough that I could slightly hear. Devil, this is coming from fans who were in age ranges of 30's to 50's. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEEN THIS? What does that say for Clay Co. or Celina? I know that the majority of Clay fans are not like this and do not appreciate the actions of a few... Every town has fans like this, but last night I found myself concentrating on a select few and actually missing a good part of the game. Thats how bad it looks to outsiders, when the attention is taken away from athletes on the court and drawn to idiots like this guy who seems to need a trip "OUT BACK" if you know what I mean.....

If I ever run in to this guy again, and I'm sure I will, he will devote a minute of his time to what I have to say.... I think the last name is Key, and its time that his attitude gets a little adjustment...

Also, congratulations to Clay Co. on a terrific season.. Keep it going, good luck to Coach Edwards, his boys and also Coach Bibb and Pickett on their games against Reg. 3. I wish them both the best.. Congrats to all the All regions team and to your son Devil for reg. tourny MVP....

I didnt see this,and Im sorry that this happend..but what about the Pickett fans the other night against Trousdale..Me and my girlfriend sat right in the middle of them, not really meaning to. There were alot of older fans yelling racist things at #25 on Trousdale, who just happend to be black and their best player. After the adults behind me started doing it..a bunch of younger kids jumped in screaming and cussing..giving one ref inparticular alot of crap, who just happend to be a woman and mixed. You can get upset at Clay County,and if what you said is true then you should..but ive never heard anuthing like what was said that night,and I would be embaressed to know any of those people or to even be assocaited with Pickett County after that.

Ok, Dawg I will agree with you that both of the players mentioned may have let their frustrations get the better of them which shouldn't have happened. But I think all of us on here will agree that things of this nature happens frequently with athletes of this age and maturity... What I did hear from more than a few was that Mr. Wright was trying to settle differences and apologize during the all region pictures and Mr. Walden still didn't feel as if he should accept(which is of course his choice). So that matter should now remain in the past, just wanted to shed some light as to why Mr. Wright was trying to talk to Mr. Walden during photos and may have been misunderstood as more "jawing"....

Now, first of all I want to say that I am not from Pickett Co. nor am I from Clay... Just a fan who wanted to see a classic matchup between two quality teams from a district that I'm familiar with.. I will add that I am friends with Coach Bibb and Coach Edwards and know a few fine persons from each community...... What does bother me and am still quite steamed about today is the fact of a couple(notice I said a couple) fans from Clay discussing attitudes and sportmanship of players when evidently attitudes and sportsmanship of a few(notice I said a few) Clay Co. fans are NOT held to a much higher standard.

Devil, as a fan I can appreciate your level of enthusiasm as a fan and a father. I completely understand your questioning of officials calls, your sons play, or his teammates play. You showed sportsmanship for your team and I'm sure that is appreciated by all.... But as for the Clay Co. fan sitting to your right, MY PATIENCE WAS WORN TO AN ALMOST UNFORTUNATE CONFRONTATION THAT HE DESERVED!!! While sitting almost directly accross the gym I began watching the actions of he along with maybe 10-12 others sitting above you. His attitude and sportsmanship was appaling.. First of all he constantly yelled at Coach Bibb. A few witnesses sitting between he and Pickett's bench or in the immediate area heard this man call Coach Bibb a mf'er. He, along with those 10-12 others that I mentioned, boo'ed and waved bye when Mr. Wright fouled out of the game. He then proceeded to yell at the Pickett players and coach during team photos telling them to "get off the court". I can read lips pretty well and some was loud enough that I could slightly hear. Devil, this is coming from fans who were in age ranges of 30's to 50's. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEEN THIS? What does that say for Clay Co. or Celina? I know that the majority of Clay fans are not like this and do not appreciate the actions of a few... Every town has fans like this, but last night I found myself concentrating on a select few and actually missing a good part of the game. Thats how bad it looks to outsiders, when the attention is taken away from athletes on the court and drawn to idiots like this guy who seems to need a trip "OUT BACK" if you know what I mean.....

If I ever run in to this guy again, and I'm sure I will, he will devote a minute of his time to what I have to say.... I think the last name is Key, and its time that his attitude gets a little adjustment...

Also, congratulations to Clay Co. on a terrific season.. Keep it going, good luck to Coach Edwards, his boys and also Coach Bibb and Pickett on their games against Reg. 3. I wish them both the best.. Congrats to all the All regions team and to your son Devil for reg. tourny MVP....

I know the fan you speak of and let me just say this that i am no part of that kind of attitude or talk. I totally agree with you on that but i want you to know that this is not indicative of all the Clay County fans. There are always a few that push it over the limit. It was a great game and after going down to watch Grace and Temple play BOTH teams have a very good chance of winning. Good luck to Pickett Co. and hopefully we can meet for the 5th time! :(

I know the fan you speak of and let me just say this that i am no part of that kind of attitude or talk. I totally agree with you on that but i want you to know that this is not indicative of all the Clay County fans. There are always a few that push it over the limit. It was a great game and after going down to watch Grace and Temple play BOTH teams have a very good chance of winning. Good luck to Pickett Co. and hopefully we can meet for the 5th time! ;)

I have to agree with you on this one Devil.As the person commented about some of our fans yelling racist remarks at the other team.Sometimes some of the fans get out of control and lose all common sense just because of the game,which is nonsense.Best of Luck to Both Teams.Pickett and Celina meeting a 5th time,Wouldnt that be something!? :(

First, I would like to say congrats to both teams and especially to CLAY COUNTY!!!!!!!!! Next thing , this Walden and Wright deal!!! I guess no one saw Wright punch him "Where the sun don't shine!" How can anyone get on here and talk about Walden's class, half of the people getting on here and talking about how unclassy he is probably don't even know him. Walden is a very nice young man as devilfanatic stated. With that said, I Wish CLAY CO. the best of luck monday!!!!!! I would really like to see them go to state.

CONGRATS TO

JON GODWIN, SAYLOR WALDEN, AND DUSTIN RICH!!!!!

Also, BOBBY KNIGHT you are playing great, keep shooting the ball and playing great defense. Tyler, keep playing hard. Casey, don't get down on yourself, get ready for monday and play like you were before!!!

GO CLAY COUNTY BULLDAWGS..............................ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!!!

Well I didn't see him punch him in the nuts, but Wright's brother told me that Jacob told him that it was all Walden did to him during the district championship. I guess just paying him back.

Well I didn't see him punch him in the nuts, but Wright's brother told me that Jacob told him that it was all Walden did to him during the district championship. I guess just paying him back.

Well I saw him punch him in the nuts and if u had nuts u would no how it feels and yea im sure Clay County started it (NOT) WE ALWAYS GET BLAMED FOR STARTING CRAP!!!! But wat i say is that #10 hit him more than once with the ball cause #10 throw the ball when the whistle was called and #10 just threw the ball right there in the spot so i no that it was on purpose!!!!!! WELL GOOD LUCK DAWGS GO ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!! :thumb:

I know the fan you speak of and let me just say this that i am no part of that kind of attitude or talk. I totally agree with you on that but i want you to know that this is not indicative of all the Clay County fans. There are always a few that push it over the limit. It was a great game and after going down to watch Grace and Temple play BOTH teams have a very good chance of winning. Good luck to Pickett Co. and hopefully we can meet for the 5th time! :thumb:

Your right Devil. Seems these days every school has a few bad apples.. Just a shame that alot of times its adults.. Hey, 7A's got two girls representatives at state, lets make it two boys teams also. Good Luck Clay and Pickett!!!!

You forgot T.C. Capps(PC)

Sorry about that, trust me it was an honest mistake. I only put the ones on there that the RBS radio guy told, I did not know the rest of them. There is no one I'd rather watch play then TC, love to see him throw it down with authority. Anyways, good luck to PC and Clay County, both have a chance to do something that is very hard to do, and need to take advantage of it. It has been very hard for CC to do that in the last three years, but maybe this is the year, let's all hope so.