Outlook for Heritage football

sportsgal

If the parents and the AD will continue to support the coach, they will do better each year. It will take a while to build a winning tradition at Heritage because they have not had it in a while. If you want to win, support your coach and his staff and don't try to run him off if you don't make the play-offs for a few years.

They had a chance to hire a great coach two years ago and didn't. That guy is now one of the top coaches in Carolina. My guess is they may improve some this season but who really knows?

Are you trying to say Tommy Rewis is not a great coach?

Tommy Rewis is a great coach.

Caesar, if you really are an ex-coach, don't you know better than to insult an existing coach at a school?

They had a chance to hire a great coach two years ago and didn't. That guy is now one of the top coaches in Carolina. My guess is they may improve some this season but who really knows?

I have known Tommy Rewis since 2001 when we first coached against one another when he was at Fairview HS. He is an excellent football coach and if anyone can turn around Heritage HS he is the man. He turned around the Yellowjacket program and I'm sure he can get the job done in Maryville. There is a lot of talent in that county and you have a great school. Give the man time and I believe good things will happen.