Rockwood vs. Wartburg

knight2

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Rockwood overlooked Wartburg.. i think its as simple as that.. they were already looking to Cosby.. they came out flat and didnt play much of anything until the 4th when they mounted somewhat of a comeback.. Wartburg played a real good game.. they were hitting everything.. even the big guy drained a three.. i dont know how but he did lol.. and i will agree that the refs were horrible.. .. at times it seemed like they were playing 8 on 5 in favor or Wartburg.. #22 walked all night.. in fact i guess he walked right into a region championship game lol.. wartburg needs to enjoy this win as much as they can. Cause them Eagles of Cosby will surely man-handle them tomorrow.. my heart goes out to those seniors(rockwood).. i know they didnt want it to end like that..

I don't think that Rockwood was overlooking Wartburg, they just seemed a 1/2 step off for most of the night. Passes that usually led to lay-ups were fumbled out of bounds and things like that. Michael Gilmore also had an off night. I hate it for him because he had been on fire for the past three weeks or so, but he just didn't have it clicking tonight.

Wartburg also deserves a lot of credit. I thought they made Rockwood work much harder tonight than in the two previous meetings. When Rockwood won at Wartburg, they scored just about every point within 10 feet and tonight there wasn't a lot of easy shots for the Tigers.

I know Wartburg wants a region championship but after looking at the state brackets they would be better off if they were runner up and faced Cosby again in Murfreesboro, imho. If Temple and Cosby/Wartburg wins their region they are on the same side of the state bracket.

Um, win or lose on Friday - and if they make state, both Cosby and WB will have a tough first round game against a Team from Region 7 or 8.

The loser would be in the same bracket with Middleton and Union City

The winner in the same bracket as Humboldt and Middle College

3 of those 4 are AP Top 10s