Bearden defeats Maryville to earn Substate Bid

eyeinthesky

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you respond to a post, please think before you type. I was not even talking about High School

Couldn't resist such an easy target. You set the Rebels up for that one. Until your last sentence you didn't make clear what you were referring to. Mentioning Coach Clayton I knew you were obviously talking about C-N, just having a little fun. You all sure are touchy when someone mentions recruiting out there. Just wondering how many basketball contributers are really Maryville kids and how does that per centage compare to football?

So having an opinion makes me unintelligent?

Of course not, I was just ragging you. I wasn't at the game last night so I have no idea how the game was played. I just don't think that refs can make that much of a difference in a game decided by over 15 points. I know it can be tough to lose, trust me been there done that many a time. I just think that both teams played hard and the team that played the best won last night. I would say that if both teams played each other 10 times, the score would be 5-5. both teams are great clubs and have an excellent future ahead of them. Hopefully the Dogs will be able to represent 4-AAA well and lead us to Murfreesboro

Couldn't resist such an easy target. You set the Rebels up for that one. Until your last sentence you didn't make clear what you were referring to. Mentioning Coach Clayton I knew you were obviously talking about C-N, just having a little fun. You all sure are touchy when someone mentions recruiting out there. Just wondering how many basketball contributers are really Maryville kids and how does that per centage compare to football?

I don't go to Maryville and am not from there either. I do enjoy cheering for them because they have one of the best men that I've met coaching their football team, George Quarles. It's amazing how good your program can be based on the values and ethics of the head coach...ie Maryville High and Carson Newman Football teams.

I don't go to Maryville and am not from there either. I do enjoy cheering for them because they have one of the best men that I've met coaching their football team, George Quarles. It's amazing how good your program can be based on the values and ethics of the head coach...ie Maryville High and Carson Newman Football teams.

Free throws Bearden 27 Maryville 12 That should be greater than a two to one foul ratio. And that is not even counting the non shooting fouls. You don't need to be a basketball coach to figure this one out. Unless of course if you have an axe to grind?

The game was ridiculous. The refs were clearly biased towrds the bulldogs and maryville got a raw deal. no excuse for officiating having such an impact on the game!

sounds to me like those refs should have been there Tuesday night at the Clinton game. The Dragons-BullDawgs would have been a classic match up.

Free throws Bearden 27 Maryville 12 That should be greater than a two to one foul ratio. And that is not even counting the non shooting fouls. You don't need to be a basketball coach to figure this one out. Unless of course if you have an axe to grind?

if a player drives to the basket and is smart enough to keep doing it and smart enough to know that he is a good FT shooter then why not keep doing it. All that matters is that both teams played well. I believe that Bearden is a team on a mission on as evidence by the score tonight over the panthers. I don't have to be a basketball coach to figure that one out. I can be a causal fan and see that a better team won. It's ok to loose. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat

The game was ridiculous. The refs were clearly biased towrds the bulldogs and maryville got a raw deal. no excuse for officiating having such an impact on the game!

I certainly think the Panthers would back you on this comment after their game against them tonight. I have no clue what the foul ratio was, but clearly Powell got a lot more calls against them. I hate to say it, but it just looked too much like the refs had issues with some of Powell's players and their notorious "bad" attitudes before the panthers even came on the floor. Officials like that really shouldn't be calling games because if players have bad attitudes, then it's really the coaches job to take care of that, not the refs.

Edited by Ntheknow2