Livingston Academy at McMinn Central

swipper

What is everybodies thoughts on this game. I don't no much about McMinn Central. I believe that Livingston will be ready to play.

Does anybody know anything about McMinn Central. I know that both teams played Cleveland this year and both lost to them. McMinn lost by 37 to them where Livingston lost by 31 to them. Just looking at the heights that is listed on coacht Livingston has them out sized. That may help a little to Livingston advantage. So, what is everybodies thoughts.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central did drop the first game to Cleveland, but that was in the first part of the year. There are a LOT of freshmen on the team (7 of the 14) with three getting a lot of starts, and when they don't start, they end up with more time on the floor then the starters. At the first of the year they were green and played scared. As the season has worn on, they have settled down and are playing tough ball. The team is just now peaking and should be ready to play.

The plus side for Central:

There home. They haven't lost at home this year. Only the second team at Central to do that.

They are deep. They can and have had the top couple of girls foul out late in close games only to have someone else come in and help get the win.

They don't stop till the end. Late in regular season they played Cleveland and was down by as much as 20 pts in the middle of the third qtr only to come back and win by three in OT.

They will have the whole towns of Etowah and Englewood present to cheer and it will be loud, and hot.

The only minus side that I have seen with them in their defeats. If they start getting some tough breaks on the calls, they will laydown. They did it at Meigs, Tyner, and Tellico.

Central and LA have played several times in the past, not sure what the record is, but LA has always been a class A program and we expect the same on Sat. Looking forward to a GREAT matchup!

I only wish someone would explain to us what "Hogeye" is all about. :o

I know from JCHS playing Central several times they are a quality program and that gym is a nightmare to play in, talk about home court advantage it don't get much better.

You better wear shorts and a tank top also bring a bag of ice to set on your head because it get outrageously hot in there. (I think they sell more drinks that way)

Watch their Freshmen, they are probably the most quick and agressive defenceive players I have seen this year. Watched them play Tyner for the Region champ and one on one they kept Tyner's Williams at bay and away from the ball. The tall girl has picked it up several notches and was doing some great damage while she was in the game. They play 110% from start to finish. The Jordan girl is a tazmainian devil while on the court.... Amazing hustle.

TP Bears saying make our district look good Central !

Should be a good game. If LA girls come out and play like I know they can then McMinn better watch out. These girls from Hogeye know what is at stake and they have worked too hard to see it all go down the drain now. I see Matthews and Stephens having a highlight game. LA by 9

To be honest, I wouldn't have expected Central's girls to get this far at the midway point of the year. However, they've gelled of late, and they're undefeated at home this year. (For that matter, both the boys and girls went undefeated at home.)

They are quite young with three freshmen playing significant minutes. Two freshmen (Lambert and Elder) have been starting lately, and another freshman (Jordan) is usually the first player off the bench.

LA and Central have had some great games in the past. It is a good non-traditional rivalry, and I'm sure Central's Coach Morgan would like to send you guys home since you ended his chance for a championship a couple of years ago when you beat one of his most talented teams ever.