Cloudland

PTSportsWriter

You are wrong my friend. The TSSAA has the final say so.

2006 DIVISION I SECTIONAL TEAM INFORMATION

The Executive Director of TSSAA shall set the sectional site in the area of the regional winner. In order to be considered as a sectional site, the facility must meet the following seating criteria: Class A - 1,000; Class AA - 1,250; Class AAA - 1,500. These are to be permanent seats and based on 18" width.

So I dont know how Cloudland will host if their gym capacity is under 1,000.

Everbody knows that. They were just saying the kids have the right to host a sub-state.... But Ronnie Carter and the T$$AA don't care about that. All they care about is $$. I'm surprised that 'ol Ronnie hasn't mandated a rule stating "in order to qualify for the T$$AA state tourny, you must be a private school from the Nashville area..... Carter and the T$$AA are just a bunch of money hungery pigs.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another thing: I don't know if it is the same situation at Wartburg, but over half of Cloudland's basketball team plays football, and probably weren't there at that game.... You probably know this as well as I do: Games played in the summer don't mean a thing.

yea that might have made the difeence, only a few of wartburgs basketball players play football,

I was reading on one of the COSBY threads that they are mandated to sell TICKETS, ahead of time, for the substate game. Will this be the case for the Cloudland/Wartburg game? If so, how can Wartburg fans get their tickets in advance? Finally, what time is this game. Hope someone knows more than me!!!

All Sub-state games begin at 7 PM Local Time.

The TSSAA requires that tickets be sold (instead of just paying a fee at the gate) to these games (its a portion of the state tournament) and they undergo a reporting and ticketing process much like that of the TSSAA Football Playoffs.

Now, these tickets can be bought at the door of the host school - but at these smaller Class A gymnasiums (And Cloudland is one of the smallest around) - tickets at the door are really unheard of in most cases.

The TSSAA requires that one-half of the allotment given to the host school be given to the visiting team.

I would suggest calling the folks down at Wartburg Central HS to find out how they are conducting the distribution and sale of their allotment.

Edited by PTSportsWriter

The king would like to say good luck to the elite family. These boys have been at the door hollaring to get in all year, but now they've taken that huge step and stood right in front of the door and challenged!!! all teams regardless of their record. Records and other games against different rated opponents does not matter now. All that matters is the game that will be played Monday night, March 6. So you can throw your record books and summer scrimmages out the window because you've got to step onto the elite family's court. Just ask any opponent who's played at Sonny Smith. The Landers are like a great white shark. They are gonna eat you up and spit you out!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :thumb: