06-07 Season Class A

westtnbball2

ptguard12, I know devilfanatic goes a little overboard sometimes, but he didnt say anything about a specific player outplaying another one. I dont think this was a appropriate statement for this, he just likes to stir it up, but to call out a 8th grader and say that she has been outplayed, I know Coach Brown has frowned of discussions like this on here so I dont think its right.

ptguard12 you typically have such good insight, and I enjoy your post. Don't let these guys talk you into making comments like this, its ugly. AND, from someone who has seen more RBS/JC matchups than obviously you have, These two are very different players. They both play the same position, but in totally different manners. This is comparing apples to oranges.

This is a post about the 06-07 year which is when both of these players will be freshmen. You cannot discuss next year and not talk about these two players. There is nothing wrong with the statement I made because some Jackson County fans believe that just because Kayci is coming up they will win because they don't think anyone can stop someone of her size. I was pointing out that their statements are false considering players, mainly Laken, who are 7 to 8 inches shorter then Kayci has handled her several times. She can be contained, just as Leonard can. I've seen both play numerous times in AAU and have been told all about some of their battles on the middle school court. Their middle school career is over and if you don't believe that there will be many debates about these two, then you are badly mistaken. Both girls are future Division I prospects and the comparisons are going to happen. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but the statement is a true one and it shows that just because Jackson County has someone that is 6'6" or 6'7" coming up doesn't mean they'll win the gold ball (though they do have a very BIG advantage). Again, sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Edited by ptguard12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a post about the 06-07 year which is when both of these players will be freshmen. You cannot discuss next year and not talk about these two players. There is nothing wrong with the statement I made because some Jackson County fans believe that just because Kayci is coming up they will win because they don't think anyone can stop someone of her size. I was pointing out that their statements are false considering players, mainly Laken, who are 7 to 8 inches shorter then Kayci has handled her several times. She can be contained, just as Leonard can. I've seen both play numerous times in AAU and have been told all about some of their battles on the middle school court. Their middle school career is over and if you don't believe that there will be many debates about these two, then you are badly mistaken. Both girls are future Division I prospects and the comparisons are going to happen. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but the statement is a true one and it shows that just because Jackson County has someone that is 6'6" or 6'7" coming up doesn't mean they'll win the gold ball (though they do have a very BIG advantage). Again, sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

The most accurate thing about opinions is that Everybodys Got One!

Leonard has outplayed Ferris in the post more times then Ferris has outplayed Leonard (including both middle school and AAU). RBS, and maybe a couple of other teams, could throw a wrench into your "5 straight gold ball" plans.

Not sure what games you've been watching but when the games are played at RBS its always a close game the last one was overtime with Kayci fouling out early on in the fourth quarter. When the games are at JC its total domination as they don't allow 3 and 4 people to shove her out of the way. Leonard CANNOT guard Kayci by herself and at no time has RBS even tried that they get 3 and 4 bodies on her. This is not a knock on Laken as she is an outstanding player but when Kayci gets on the low blocks no one can guard her. The problem that teams will face next year is do you double down or triple down on Kayci because if you do then the guards will drop 30 on you in a heartbeat. There won't be anymore triple teams that will work against Jackson County's high school team. However i will say that from here on out until these girls graduate that it will be JC and RBS 1/2 in the district and everyone else is trying to catch up. Its obviously ridiculous for anyone to think you could win 5 gold balls in a row, it could happen but not likely. Once you get to the state tournament all the teams are good so anything can happen. As for the reports about Miss Kimes, well i know for a fact that she WILL be attending Clay Co. next year. B)

Edited by devilfanatic

Not sure what games you've been watching but when the games are played at RBS its always a close game the last one was overtime with Kayci fouling out early on in the fourth quarter. When the games are at JC its total domination as they don't allow 3 and 4 people to shove her out of the way. Leonard CANNOT guard Kayci by herself and at no time has RBS even tried that they get 3 and 4 bodies on her. This is not a knock on Laken as she is an outstanding player but when Kayci gets on the low blocks no one can guard her. The problem that teams will face next year is do you double down or triple down on Kayci because if you do then the guards will drop 30 on you in a heartbeat. There won't be anymore triple teams that will work against Jackson County's high school team. However i will say that from here on out until these girls graduate that it will be JC and RBS 1/2 in the district and everyone else is trying to catch up. Its obviously ridiculous for anyone to think you could win 5 gold balls in a row, it could happen but not likely. Once you get to the state tournament all the teams are good so anything can happen. As for the reports about Miss Kimes, well i know for a fact that she WILL be attending Clay Co. next year. :thumb:

Are you sure that she will be at Clay County?

I have not heard from Gleason about what they have coming back.

Gleason will probably have a down year next year. They will return 2 starters. They lost Tiffany Felts, Meagan Price, Amber Wiseman. All 3 of them were 4 year starters (Felts did start all 4 years but was hurt after 10 games into 2 different seasons). They will lose much of their rebounding and scoring due to losing Wiseman and they will lose ball handing, defense (Price was probably their best defensive player this year) and scoring with Price (Price scored 29 of the team's 46 points in the game they lost to Lake County). All 3 of these starters will have to be replaced by freshmen or younger players with little or no experience. With their coaching experience (2 state championships), they might finish as high as 3rd or 4th in a 10 team district.

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!!!!!

Edited by palmersville

I am stunned at what I am reading in this string! You people have got to be kidding. :lol:

The team to beat next year is Forrest. Yes Forrest and no one else, they have the Gold Ball to prove it.

The lady Rockets loose no one they can't replace to advantage next year, and most of the girls who laid it on the teams "that had it locked up" were sophmores.

Get used to it folks, everyone else was an also ran this year and will have to run real hard to catch up next year. I am not a Forrest fan by any stretch, but facts is facts. ;)