Grace vs. Pickett County

Good game Pickett. But now you know how we felt last year.

Pickett had no answer for any aspect of Grace's game. We were bigger, faster, quicker, shot better, rebounded better, played better team ball, and the list could go on. I would have to say that this was one of the best TEAM BALL games that i have seen Grace play this year. The scoring was spread out and Grace just looked dominant. Van Horn set the tone for the game with a dunk off of the tip-off. And then the breaking point for Pickett was when Carter threw it down hard 2 handed and then came back on the other end and just swatted this kid's lunch. Twas a fun game to watch.

Even though Temple lost, I think the boys from Chattanooga sent a message that they can really play. The state tourney will be a lot of fun!

GRACE = STATE BOUND

(im sorry if i sound really arrogant right now, but im just really excited to see a bunch of my good friends and Coach Matthiess get another chance at the 'Boro!)

Well put

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i first want to congratulate Grace on the win, you were the superior team tonight and best of luck in the state tourney. To the Bobcats, you guys exceeded my and everyones expectations this year, to win 26 games, be district and region runner-up and play in a sub-state game after losing 5 starters, and starting 4 sopomores and 1 junior this year is just awesome, you guys have no reason to hang your heads down at all you guys did great this year and the next 2 years should be even better, once again great season Bobcats and im already lookin forward to next year.

I don't know why you think that is dumb... as I said at a camp Carter was covered by someone 10" shorter than him and his jumping skills didn't impress me. I agree he is a great player but I think he is better away from the basket. Capps is VERY physical and I think Carter will shy away from that kind of play . Also to jump with Carter he would only have to have 6 inches in vertical which I would say he would be close to. Capps is very athletic and all that combined is the reason for my" dumb " statement

My response - see this link. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/artic...asp?imgID=13812

By the way, Pickett County is a classy team. They played hard and kept on trying, just the Grace guys were a little too much for them this year. They'll get their chance. PCHS was well represented by their players, fans and their coach.

My response - see this link. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/artic...asp?imgID=13812

By the way, Pickett County is a classy team. They played hard and kept on trying, just the Grace guys were a little too much for them this year. They'll get their chance. PCHS was well represented by their players, fans and their coach.

Yes i concur, i was impressed with Pickett's guards more than their inside game, they deserved more credit.

Good link SoccerPop, however this was my fav :D

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/artic...asp?imgID=13818

congratulations to grace and good luck in the state tourney. i hope u guys win it. bring it home to district 5. :D

i hope you guys utilize carter mcmasters. wow what a tremendous potential, however i dont know if he has been utilized correctly all season. he is a great player, and has potential to be even better. i feel that, however, he needs to be INSIDE dunking the ball, getting offensive rebounds and second chance points, and not at the freethrow line (or farther out) shooting outside shots. hes 6 10.........no one can stop him inside once he has the ball. the ONLY way to stop him inside is to keep him from getting the ball, so if u can get the ball to him, he can DOMINATE. if carter had been as big of an inside threat as he couldve been this year, i feel like grace would be undefeated. you guys have a GREAT team and congratulations on your season so far. please dont take any of what i said as bad, b/c i do not mean it bad at all. just trying to offer a helpful opinion. good luck in the rest of the tournament and i hope you guys win state. :lol:

congratulations to grace and good luck in the state tourney. i hope u guys win it. bring it home to district 5. <_<

i hope you guys utilize carter mcmasters. wow what a tremendous potential, however i dont know if he has been utilized correctly all season. he is a great player, and has potential to be even better. i feel that, however, he needs to be INSIDE dunking the ball, getting offensive rebounds and second chance points, and not at the freethrow line (or farther out) outside shots. hes 6 10.........no one can stop him inside once he has the ball. the ONLY way to stop him inside is to keep him from getting the ball, so if u can get the ball to him, he can TE. if carter had been as big of an inside threat as he couldve been this year, i feel like grace would be undefeated. you guys have a GREAT team and congratulations on your season so far. please dont take any of what i said as bad, b/c i do not mean it bad at all. just trying to offer a helpful opinion. good luck in the rest of the tournament and i hope you guys win state. :)

There has been a lot of speculation this year about what you just said. Carter is a hard one to fit into either of those roles. Yes, he could be nt inside (right now he is not a HUGE fan of banging inside), but he can also shoot the ball very well. So yes, they could use him more inside, but he also is a huge threat away from the basket. Coach Matthiess has done a good job of balancing this i think. Now, in my opinion, should they get the ball to Carter more inside? Yes. I think it would greatly help them in the state tourney against these team that dont have anyone that can matchup height with McMasters. If you get it to him down low like that then one of two things will probably happen: 1) he scores, or 2) he gets fouled. I think that is a good equation for success against smaller teams.

Maybe it was just me...but was anyone else kinda dissapointed in the atmosphere tonight? I mean i still had fun and the student section did a pretty good job, but i just didnt feel like it was a BIG game night atmosphere.

Anyone else care to comment??

I thought ya'll could have been louder, but the problem was that the gym wasn't anywhere near full. The Grace section had seats everywhere, and Pickett County didn't bring many people.