Greeneville Devils take on Powell Panthers

Right, River. Nobody on Powell's team can play. They have nobody who can score, nobody who can rebound, and nobody who can play defense. You might as well just go ahead and make your reservations for Murfreesboro. In fact, Powell probably won't even show up to play the game since they have no chance. :thumb:

If you were Refering to Mr. Smith as being the one who dominates for Powell than you've seen a different person. Against us(Greeneville) he came out cocky before the game and I hope he is good at football cause he stinks. All I have to say is WE'RE GOING TO STATE!!!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, River. Nobody on Powell's team can play. They have nobody who can score, nobody who can rebound, and nobody who can play defense. You might as well just go ahead and make your reservations for Murfreesboro. In fact, Powell probably won't even show up to play the game since they have no chance. :blink:

This was an amazing prediction. You must be psychotic, I mean psychic.

yep your RIGHT guess who's at state and who's sitting on the couch

and "yep" youre right too....all things happen for a reason...kinda like offering some folks the opportunity to get out of the back woods and see the big city...lol....I will say this though, I'm sure the panthers would rather be beat by 12 points than by the 50 that Greeneville is going down by in the state.....still good luck though!! We're all "rooting" for ya! :blink:

Edited by Ntheknow2

Lets see Hamilton is...........a team from Memphis........#1 in the state...........#6 in the NATION.........34-0..........and from all understanding very athletic and very good.......three D1 signees.

Lets see Greeneville........small town team.........in and out of top ten in the state this season..............in the NATION................28-7.........and from what I know of them fairly athletic and pretty good..........no D1 signees.....YET.

Remind you of anything??? Hoosiers....N.C. State with Jim Valvano......Villanova with Rollie Massimono (sp)......UNC against Duke on senior night at Cameron? You never know what might happen. If Greeneville comes out and believes they can and they shoot the ball very well and take care of the ball limiting turnovers they can pull the major upset..................Yes Brainard some years back had a couple of D1 signees and Greeneville pulled that upset.

If Hamilton takes care of Greeneville, they are supposed to. However even if that happens Greeneville with all 850 students have made it to the final 8 in the state. Just think how many other teams would love to be there.........Great job guys.

and "yep" your right too....all things happen for a reason...kinda like offering some folks the opportunity to get out of the back woods and see the big city...lol....I will say this though, I'm sure the panthers would rather be beat by 12 points than by the 50 that Greeneville is going down by in the state.....still good luck though!! We're all "rooting" for ya! :blink:

Yeah I am sure if you asked them if they wanted to go to the state tournament and play the best team in the state they would say"No thanks, I would rather get clobbered in substate and stay at home for the state tournament." No wonder they looked so bad last night. You have to strive to beat the best, to be the best. No, Greeneville does not have a very good chance of winning against Hamilton but the USA didn't have a good chance against Russia in Lake Placid either. It just takes one off night, and with the heart that the Greeneville team plays with anything can happen

Yeah I am sure if you asked them if they wanted to go to the state tournament and play the best team in the state they would say"No thanks, I would rather get clobbered in substate and stay at home for the state tournament." No wonder they looked so bad last night. You have to strive to beat the best, to be the best. No, Greeneville does not have a very good chance of winning against Hamilton but the USA didn't have a good chance against Russia in Lake Placid either. It just takes one off night, and with the heart that the Greeneville team plays with anything can happen

In spite of what you MIGHT think, basketball isn't "life" lol and I'm sure that the panthers would have loved to have gone, but I'm pretty sure with the way they've played the last two games, even they would admit they don't deserve to go. But like I say....good luck in your effort of striving to be the best!! :blink:

and "yep" youre right too....all things happen for a reason...kinda like offering some folks the opportunity to get out of the back woods and see the big city...lol....I will say this though, I'm sure the panthers would rather be beat by 12 points than by the 50 that Greeneville is going down by in the state.....still good luck though!! We're all "rooting" for ya! :blink:

So let me see if I understand... Powell didn't get beaten, they were just magnanimously offering to allow all of the back-woods hicks from Greeneville the opportunity to visit the bustling metropolis of the 'Boro. Thanks but we have been there before....3 times in the last 6 years....boys and girls. I rather doubt the Powell Panthers would rather settle for that 12 pt loss. I am sure they would rather be going to face Hamilton. What a stupid comment. Who would rather be sitting at home instead of being included in the Elite 8? You need to change your screen name 'cause you obviously know nothing.

So let me see if I understand... Powell didn't get beaten, they were just magnanimously offering to allow all of the back-woods hicks from Greeneville the opportunity to visit the bustling metropolis of the 'Boro. Thanks but we have been there before....3 times in the last 6 years....boys and girls. I rather doubt the Powell Panthers would rather settle for that 12 pt loss. I am sure they would rather be going to face Hamilton. What a stupid comment. Who would rather be sitting at home instead of being included in the Elite 8? You need to change your screen name 'cause you obviously know nothing.

and you really need to get a life and move on.....lol, like I said before GOOD LUCK!

When you talk as much smack as the Powell fans did before the game, you have to eat the crow after the game.

Haha, I believe Greeneville is the one who started this thread, not Powell fans. And if you think you're gonna come on here and talk smack about the panthers, then just remember there's always someone here that will throw that back in your face. They've had a much more difficult time getting where they ended up than you have (need I remind you from 5th place to region runner up), and you need to respect that. But do you? no....you come on here and talk about how great you are and how bad they are. Get a clue. As far as eating crow? maybe you should remember that when you start talking about how you're gonna beat Hamilton. We'll all see how "great" you are your next game though. Best thing for you to do is start your Greeneville/Hamilton thread.

It is rather difficult to accept your good wishes when every post begins with an insult...lol... glad you find yourself so darn amusing.

yea well maybe you need to read some of the posts from Greeneville....then you might know what an insult is.

Haha, I believe Greeneville is the one who started this thread, not Powell fans. And if you think you're gonna come on here and talk smack about the panthers, then just remember there's always someone here that will throw that back in your face. They've had a much more difficult time getting where they ended up than you have (need I remind you from 5th place to region runner up), and you need to respect that. But do you? no....you come on here and talk about how great you are and how bad they are. Get a clue. As far as eating crow? maybe you should remember that when you start talking about how you're gonna beat Hamilton. We'll all see how "great" you are your next game though. Best thing for you to do is start your Greeneville/Hamilton thread.

You aren,t throwing smack back. You are being personally insulting. Your snide remarks are not directed towards our team or players or merely other posters on this thread. You have managed to drag the entire population of Greeneville with your "big city" comment. Good thing you live in Knoxville so you will at least have something to do next week besides watching baseball.