Greeneville Devils take on Powell Panthers

Greeneville... the secret is out... How do you think Mr. Land-Air's recruits will pay off tonight??? Panthers will come out on top!!! Greeneville will finally have a basketball team to play for the first time this year..

[/qu

It doesn't matter who we beat we will never get any respect, you people say that we play nobody and Science Hill will kill us...and we beat them twice and still no respect, and Why would kids wanna move to Greeneville from North Carolina??? And i am sure that Jimmy Boone's dad getting the Tusculum coaching job is Greeneville recruiting again right???

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, if you think you've got a 3 pt shooter anywhere near the player Tony White Jr. is, you are sadly mistaken. The score is misleading in the sense that White had help from Sibley, who was hot as well from the perimeter. And by the way, we beat Bearden in the season without Whilte. Bottom line, PRAY your outside pts are falling because if they aren't the panthers are going end your season tonight. And as far as who is going to guard Wiggins? He'll be taken care of. You better worry about how you're going to guard a barrage of rested panthers. :(

WITHOUT WHITE????? AND YOU COUNT THAT AS A WIN??? THATS LIKE THE BULLS LOSING WITHOUT JORDAN YEARS AGO!!!!! COME ON DUDE!!!!

I don't think Powell is the one thinking they have this wrapped up. You all keep saying that Powell can't hang with ya, but I think you're gonna be surprised. That's all there is to it.

[/q

We will see how your big boys hang in there when you walk in the gym and its packed and the lights come on baby....Greeneville's student section will be rocking and when the ball tips off you better have your running shoes on cause we will RUN you back to Knoxville if you dont.

Where are you getting this "you all" crap. I haven't said Powell can't hang with Greeneville. A few of these posters that are singing Greeneville's praises are from schools that have suffered losses at the hands of the Devils. Let's face it, both teams had to go through some great teams to get where they are and both teams have loyal fans both from their schools and regions. This should be a competitive game with all these boys leaving it all out there. I can say one thing, I would rather be facing Powell at home than Bearden in Knoxville.

Great point! Add about 20 more points to Bearden's score that game and see what the outcome would have been.

uh yea, like it or not, it counts as a big W regardless of what you think. The thing is, if Powell's guards had been hot that game....it would have been a different story, but they weren't so no excuses.

Edited by Ntheknow2

I don't understand why such a big deal is being made about beating Bearden, Powell has lost to Halls, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Maryville, West ,Catholic ,Fulton, Knox Central, Science Hill, and KARNS. Greeneville takes a lot of ragging for bragging about beating Red Bank and Science Hill but we at least didn't lose to the worst team in the district. Anyway, all thats behind us now and there is only one game on everyone's mind tonite. Go Devil's!!!

I don't understand why such a big deal is being made about beating Bearden, Powell has lost to Halls, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Maryville, West ,Catholic ,Fulton, Knox Central, Science Hill, and KARNS. Greeneville takes a lot of ragging for bragging about beating Red Bank and Science Hill but we at least didn't lose to the worst team in the district. Anyway, all thats behind us now and there is only one game on everyone's mind tonite. Go Devil's!!!

Who cares whose beat Powell. Fact of the matter is, guess whose here and guess whose not. Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the panthers have proven that they don't have to win all the time to be the best...only when it counts! Go Panthers!!!

Who cares whose beat Powell. Fact of the matter is, guess whose here and guess whose not. Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the panthers have proven that they don't have to win all the time to be the best...only when it counts! Go Panthers!!!

My point exactly...Go Devils

Powell will probably be the biggest team that Greeneville has faced. If Greeneville shoots well I feel that they will beat Powell however if we struggle as we have in some past games it will be much more difficult. Rebounding will be tough against Powell. The way I see it both teams must be playing pretty good ball right now or they would not be here. I agree with Barb I would rather be playing Powell at home as Bearden in Knoxville as well, that does not mean we are gonna win but I like our chances better. Either way looking down the road a very tough task awaits the winner of this one. 33-0 #6 in the nation now thats impressive. Have a safe trip tonight Powell and good luck Greene Devils.