South Greene @ Alcoa

Tom142

What are some of the thoughts on this match-up?

Personally, I think Alcoa will win, but I'm obviously biased. I don't think that South Greene has seen a team as athletic as us, and I don't think that they can stop Brandon Warren down low, plus it will be a VERY hostile evironment, but this is being said without knowing hardly anything about South Greene.

Can some South Greene fans give me some of their insight on the game, and what their team's like, and how they think they match-up? Hope you guys have a safe drive down to Alcoa.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Greeneville high so i've seen South Greene play a few times. They are pretty much a two man show. Donnawho as we call him will probably drop around 30 on you but thats about all you have to worry about. Hoese can shoot the three if he is left wide open but if someone is in his face then he is not much of a factor. In order for South Greene to win, then they will have to play their best game of the year. I really don't see that happening especially on the road. Alcoa's homecourt advantage will pull them through this one. If S.G is on then they will keep it close but if they are playin bad then Alcoa by atleast twenty.

I go to Greeneville high so i've seen South Greene play a few times. They are pretty much a two man show. Donnawho as we call him will probably drop around 30 on you but thats about all you have to worry about. Hoese can shoot the three if he is left wide open but if someone is in his face then he is not much of a factor. In order for South Greene to win, then they will have to play their best game of the year. I really don't see that happening especially on the road. Alcoa's homecourt advantage will pull them through this one. If S.G is on then they will keep it close but if they are playin bad then Alcoa by atleast twenty.

Alcoa's totally opposite. They'll probably have 8 or 9 players that will score. Brandon Warren is a beast down low, he's only 6-3, but he plays a lot bigger than that, plus he's so strong it's hard to defend him, he averages a double-double. Daniel Stubblefield can shoot from anywhere. He's a lot like Tennessee's Lofton; he's not afraid to pull from beyond NBA range, he can flat out shoot. Kyrus Lanxter is a pure athlete. He plays at the wing and can shoot and drive. At 6'3 he averages close to a double-double as well. Those are our 3 players who really seem to stand out, if they all have good games we should win.

Alcoa should win with homecourt advantage, but you fellas better keep someone on Donahue all night or he'll go for 40.

Alcoa will blow South Greene out of the water. They have no chance against the type of athletes that Alcoa presents. Donahue can play but there is no way he will drop forty on Alcoa. My prediction is that he doesnt get more than 15. He is a good player against teams that don't play defense. When a team plays good solid defense on him he isn't anything but an average player. Also, darius probably wont make a shot all game or even get close. He seems to have a really hard time scoring if the team doesn't play a zone and has good athletes. Put Warren on Kyle and you will beat them by thirty or more.

Something that Alcoa prides itself in is its defense. If the opposing team scores over 55 points on them, they have to run a lot at the next practice. That feat only occured 7 times in 30 games this year, so I don't think anyone will be dropping 40 points. I believe the most points anyone scored against Alcoa this year was Austin Hill of Gibbs (22) and that was against the reserves in a blowout win.

Alcoa will blow South Greene out of the water. They have no chance against the type of athletes that Alcoa presents. Donahue can play but there is no way he will drop forty on Alcoa. My prediction is that he doesnt get more than 15. He is a good player against teams that don't play defense. When a team plays good solid defense on him he isn't anything but an average player. Also, darius probably wont make a shot all game or even get close. He seems to have a really hard time scoring if the team doesn't play a zone and has good athletes. Put Warren on Kyle and you will beat them by thirty or more.

I don't care how many he gets...all I said was he could drop 40 if unchecked because he's a decent enough player that can put up big numbers...I didn't say he would do it.

A big thanks goes out to KevB on a bit of confidence for SG. There is one thing for sure, people will see Donahue in a college basketball uniform next year. No comment on the game tonight, but I expect SG will compete.

Donawho playing in a college uniform.. Maybe for walter state but nothing more.. He's a good player but in college they actually play defense and it has been shown that he can be shut down will a little defense. Ask him bout the boys up in Greeneville that shut him down twice.

I for one am glad to see South Greene make it this far. Not since the years of Benji Hawk have the Rebels made it this far. It will take a great effort for them to make it past Alcoa, but no matter what happens congratulations on a great run.

PS there is nothing wrong with playing for Walter State. They have produced there fair share of D1 athletes. Just ask Alex Kragel, he went to Walter State and then went on to start in two NCAA tournaments for UNC Ashville

Edited by devilfan11