Temple @ Clay County

throwitdown

I agree with BigBody in that it wont matter what the noise level is. You will be very hard pressed to find a better atmosphere than when Grace played Temple i think it was the second time. There were 2500+ people and the players themselves said the noise was deffening (sp?).

Hmm... I dont know if I agree. It will be a smaller gym, totally packed with everyone yelling. Grace vs. Temple II: lets say 900 Grace fans (parents dont really yell), i'll be nice and say 600 Temple fans, and then 900 neutral people. Now think of 1,200 Clay County fans (parents yelling) and a smaller gym.

Lets look back two years ago to our little trip to trousdale county. That was the craziest atmosphere for a game i have ever seen. Last year at Pickett they werent too loud, but if Clay creates and atmosphere similar to Trousdale had I think noise could be a factor. Remember Temple is fairly young, and have never experianced a sub-state game on the road.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I dont know if I agree. It will be a smaller gym, totally packed with everyone yelling. Grace vs. Temple II: lets say 900 Grace fans (parents dont really yell), i'll be nice and say 600 Temple fans, and then 900 neutral people. Now think of 1,200 Clay County fans (parents yelling) and a smaller gym.

Lets look back two years ago to our little trip to trousdale county. That was the craziest atmosphere for a game i have ever seen. Last year at Pickett they werent too loud, but if Clay creates and atmosphere similar to Trousdale had I think noise could be a factor. Remember Temple is fairly young, and have never experianced a sub-state game on the road.

That's an interesting analysis.

Yeah, I know. I've made that trip the last three years to watch the Temple vs Clay County game each time and it seems like a small vacation each time I go.

Those are the numbers that your coach told Clay's AD as well.

Safe travel wished for all (both ways).

Also unlike some teams used to do back when Reg 4A went toward Nashville I can bet you Clay won't have you a small roped off area designated where you are to sit. Their feeling is pay the money and get there early and sit where ever you want to.

I'll be there early, that 's for sure. :thumb:

Temple's schedule according to CoachT is ranked 24th in Class A, Grace's schedule is ranked 25th. Clay County's schedule is ranked 6th. So who plays the tougher schedule? Once again its no mystery. You people need to get out of the Chattanooga area more often. :(

This ranking is not very reliable. Grace plays a lot of AA and AAA teams, but because the district teams are so bad it pulls their strength of schedule down. Memphis is a good example with C-USA this year. They are in the top 5, but strength of schedule is not so great because of the confrence. I am not saying Grace or Temple's should be higher, but you have to take those things into consideration and I am sure the coach-t computer does not. Just a thought.