AAA state tournament

BC#2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson Central seems the team to beat. With the three posts and two D-1 players, (Jenkins & Hassell), in the post, they should have no excuses. Guard play is and will be critical in the State tournament and their guards are getting more confident with each game. If they don't win it then somebody has some 'splainin to do, (Big Bud and Little Bud), :( District 9 is the toughest district in the state bar none.

Having said that, it would really please my soul if a Metro Nashville team, ie, Hillsboro pulls this thing off. Jessica Mooney is the real deal, (I'll take her against a healthy Cait McMahan any day), and what a great end to the season it would be to see what is always poo-pooed by midstate teams in and around Nashville as easy pickins in Metro. Oh, final note, if Mooney doesn't win Miss Basketball that would be an injustice.

Oh, final note, if Mooney doesn't win Miss Basketball that would be an injustice.

I agree, but she won't. The only people who have seen her are people on the AAU circuit and people in Nashville. They haven't played outside of the Region too much. She also doesn't put up big numbers.