Private schools unfair advantage?

WCBalla

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!

Bill you are a VERY angry man. I know you won't tell anyone about your deep hate for private schools but I'm assuming some school where you ( or your kid ) go has 1) lost a great athlete to a private school OR 2) gotten your butt kicked by a private school. I am a parent who thought idoitic things like you and made sure my 2 children got a good public education. The youngest of these 2 is a male he played sports his whole life and was an AVERAGE athlete. The public school he was assigned to go to was not the best (not sports wise...enviroment wise ) so he asked me if he could home school his senior year... oh by the way he quit all sports his jr. year. After 1/2 a semster of home school he came to me and wanted to graduate from a school. We went the private route and my child or I couldn't be happier. He got in 1/2 of one sport and all season in another... AND I might add has made a good contribution to both teams. Try not to hate something you obviously don't understand. I can name at least 10+ students in this area who live out of zone in public schools in several different sports but were "recruited" because playing on a winning team was the most important thing. I assure you it is as common in public as much as private... grow up don't be so naive.Oh and your wanting to write every thing in caps and colors has convenced me you must be about 12 years old because you want to be seen AND heard... no one is impressed... grow up and come to the real world where that big bad private school monster won't eat you.

Edited by commander1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill you are a VERY angry man. I know you won't tell anyone about your deep hate for private schools but I'm assuming some school where you ( or your kid ) go has 1) lost a great athlete to a private school OR 2) gotten your butt kicked by a private school. I am a parent who thought idoitic things like you and made sure my 2 children got a good public education. The youngest of these 2 is a male he played sports his whole life and was an AVERAGE athlete. The public school he was assigned to go to was not the best (not sports wise...enviroment wise ) so he asked me if he could home school his senior year... oh by the way he quit all sports his jr. year. After 1/2 a semster of home school he came to me and wanted to graduate from a school. We went the private route and my child or I couldn't be happier. He got in 1/2 of one sport and all season in another... AND I might add has made a good contribution to both teams. Try not to hate something you obviously don't understand. I can name at least 10+ students in this area who live out of zone in public schools in several different sports but were "recruited" because playing on a winning team was the most important thing. I assure you it is as common in public as much as private... grow up don't be so naive.Oh and your wanting to write every thing in caps and colors has convenced me you must be about 12 years old because you want to be seen AND heard... no one is impressed... grow up and come to the real world where that big bad private school monster won't eat you.

commander1 ... Bill won't be back. I think I nailed it when I suspected that he was a coach at a small public high school. Using my tax dollars to chat during work. It won't be hard to figure out who he is now. He deleted every post that he could that seemed bigotted towards private school kids ... and his crazy claim that turning in a private school for recruiting was like a girl not going to the police after being raped. It's a shame that when you reply to a message, that idiotic statements like that stick around for the whole world to see.

Maybe we can meet up sometime. I watch FCS games faily often - as my schedule permits. I'm pretty close to McNeal and especially Lowe (as I played ball with him and his older brother at FCS).

commander1 ... Bill won't be back. I think I nailed it when I suspected that he was a coach at a small public high school. Using my tax dollars to chat during work. It won't be hard to figure out who he is now. He deleted every post that he could that seemed bigotted towards private school kids ... and his crazy claim that turning in a private school for recruiting was like a girl not going to the police after being raped. It's a shame that when you reply to a message, that idiotic statements like that stick around for the whole world to see.

Maybe we can meet up sometime. I watch FCS games faily often - as my schedule permits. I'm pretty close to McNeal and especially Lowe (as I played ball with him and his older brother at FCS).

I have it on good authority that Bill#49 is in Texas investigating those phantom "illegal" FRA recruits from 1991. :lol::lol:

Edited by Bighurt

I am proud of your child for graduating from any school. No I never lost a great athlete to a private school. Yes I have gotten beat by private schools and I have won against private schools. I am angry because private schools will not admit they have an unfair advantage against the public schools. For the last time, I have to take the kids that come in my front door. Do the private schools have to do this? I have never noticed a private school getting in trouble for recruiting another school's valedictorian or salutatorian. Why is that?

commander1 ... Bill won't be back. I think I nailed it when I suspected that he was a coach at a small public high school. Using my tax dollars to chat during work. It won't be hard to figure out who he is now. I have no problem with you knowing who I am. I have never put one thing on these boards that was false. I have put things on here that are controversial to some that live in glass houses though. I will stand by them until hades freezes over. The ones that I deleted you or someone else quoted them and they are still here, so what dude. He deleted every post that he could that seemed bigotted towards private school kids ... and his crazy claim that turning in a private school for recruiting was like a girl not going to the police after being raped. It's a shame that when you reply to a message, that idiotic statements like that stick around for the whole world to see.

I thought you made your last post here? :lol:

Like stated before - this is not a private only issue like you want it to be. Why aren't you writing in big red letters about Shelbyville, Alcoa, Maryville, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, and all the Memphis basketball schools too? Take the blinders off buddy!

I think I have figured out the big red letters thing. It's like business accounting. The bigger and redder the letters are ... the more money you are wasting ... like my tax dollars that are going down the tubes while you post from your public school, tax supported job. :lol:

Keep up the good work. I'm glad my tax dollars are making a difference.

I am proud of your child for graduating from any school. No I never lost a great athlete to a private school. Yes I have gotten beat by private schools and I have won against private schools. I am angry because private schools will not admit they have an unfair advantage against the public schools. For the last time, I have to take the kids that come in my front door. Do the private schools have to do this? I have never noticed a private school getting in trouble for recruiting another school's valedictorian or salutatorian. Why is that?

I am a proponent of private schools and I understand all the rules, as well as how everyone says that privates break the rules and that we are all evil. Good.. fine... swell...

If you are a coach, administrator, or someone with authority with your athletic program, can you not just refuse to play a private school? Or if you are in A or AA, can you move up to AAA so you do not have to play a private?

This will never end until the entire thing is separated.

I thought you made your last post here? :lol:

Like stated before - this is not a private only issue like you want it to be. Why aren't you writing in big red letters about Shelbyville, Alcoa, Maryville, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, and all the Memphis basketball schools too? Take the blinders off buddy!

I think I have figured out the big red letters thing. It's like business accounting. The bigger and redder the letters are ... the more money you are wasting ... like my tax dollars that are going down the tubes while you post from your public school, tax supported job. :lol:

Keep up the good work. I'm glad my tax dollars are making a difference.

NO BLINDERS BUDDY. GLAD YOU LIKE IT DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am a proponent of private schools and I understand all the rules, as well as how everyone says that privates break the rules and that we are all evil. Good.. fine... swell...

If you are a coach, administrator, or someone with authority with your athletic program, can you not just refuse to play a private school? Or if you are in A or AA, can you move up to AAA so you do not have to play a private?

This will never end until the entire thing is separated. AMEN

PRIVATES ARE IN AAA SINCE THE MULTIPLIER. WE DON'T PLAY UNLESS WE HAVE TO.

Well then... instead of everyone getting mad and calling people names, why cannot the discussion be about how we go about separating publics and privates all together? It would seem that this discussion would at least share the same goal.

If privates are in a division by themselves, it would not keep the publics and privates from scheduling games if they wish to, but they would not compete for State Championships together. What is wrong with that?

I like the idea because the most talented and most competitive teams would be in the private schools anyway.

Well then... instead of everyone getting mad and calling people names, why cannot the discussion be about how we go about separating publics and privates all together? It would seem that this discussion would at least share the same goal.

If privates are in a division by themselves, it would not keep the publics and privates from scheduling games if they wish to, but they would not compete for State Championships together. What is wrong with that? I agree totally and you all could still recruite our players as much as you want BUT it would be legal.

I like the idea because the most talented and most competitive teams would be in the private schools anyway. I don't agree with you on this.

I have seen this on this board a lot over the years and it all goes back to

WHO WINS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS? Public or private, big or small, rural or urban. That is the reason we are not having this discussion about recruiting each others valedictorian or salutatorian.

Edited by Bill#49

If privates are in a division by themselves, it would not keep the publics and privates from scheduling games if they wish to, but they would not compete for State Championships together. What is wrong with that?

I like the idea because the most talented and most competitive teams would be in the private schools anyway.

There are a couple of issues that have to be hammered out for everything to work properly for everyone in terms of an overall split.

One would be finding a national sanctioning body that would recognize such a small group of private schools. Without that, the TSSAA would refuse to santion even scrimmages, let alone real games. With a small number of schools, it would be difficult to do. An example would be the scrimmage that Brentwood Academy wanted with a new private from Chicago. The TSSAA did not allow it because they weren't sanctioned. I know that's one example, but the issue is larger beyond that one example. I know there are sanctioning bodies that recognize private school leagues, but a most of those recognized leagues are enormously larger that a TN private school league would be considering we have very few parochial schools within TN. (I'm sure some yahoo will find 1 league that is small and sanctioned ... but it is what it is ... one small league.) A potential solution to this would be to try to pull in privates from other states ... but geographically that stinks even more than it would without that.

The second issue comes down to money. Although the publics make up a disproportionately large portion of the base of member schools, the private schools make up a disproportionately large portion of $$$ in the TSSAA in comparison. It would be a definite blow to TSSAA coffers ... and my guess why privates haven't been thrown out on there ears already.

If you went back and read every single one of my posts, you would see that I am actually for a split (I'm using you in a general sense and not barking at you CPGB06). I think each private schools mission would be better served by regulating themselves as opposed to having some local yokel like Bill#49 dictate to them from a prejudiced and bigotted viewpoint. I think you would see a super league, where privates can actually recruit and offer scholarships as part of the leagues charter. I think academics would get better due to being able to offer scholarships to academic kids without worrying about if they will want to play a sport. I do think it would hurt public schools since there would be open season recruiting. There won't be a mass exodus, but if the best football is played at that point at the privates and junior is a star at the public but wants that better recognition and is being offered a scholarship ... where do you think he will go?

I do want a split, but for the right reasons ... not Dudes idiotic rants about kids from Texas at FRA or whatever else spills out of his empty head. (Glad you are part of the public school system ... now I know what my kids will be missing Dude.)