Private schools unfair advantage?

WCBalla

I am continually amazed at the outrageous accusations that are posted on here.

Your claim is that in 1991 FRA had 6 kids on their football team all of whom had parents living in Texas. Is that what you are saying? Can't you come up with a tale that makes a little more sense?

Even if this was the truth which it isn't, I think after 14 years I would have gotten over it.

That is not the only thing I am ticked at my friend. The kids were from Texas.

OK, I can play that game. You can't tell me that there is enough talent in the Riverdale zone only for them to dominate in football ever single year. Also, Oak Ridge, Alcoa, DB, Maryville, and Trousdale. It just isn't possible. All of those schools have kids signing D1 scholarships every single year. How? None of those places are huge places. Explain it.

How about Houston in baseball? How do they dominate everyyear? Is it just a strange coincidence that all there players sign at D1 schools with another D1 caliber player to replace them the next year.

Like I said, this is not a public/private issue ... it is an EVERYBODY issue. Why aren't you jumping up and down about the open zoned Maryvilles of the world? Are you biased towards private school kids? :thumb:

YES!!!!!!!!!!! can't you tell?

Edited by Bill#49

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!!!!!!!!! can't you tell?

Oh yeah ... we can tell. It makes all of your arguements petty and pointless. Like the FRA-Texas connection. Come on now. I played on teams that got put out of the football playoffs by Trousdale in high school. I heard they had players from FL on their team. Yeah right ... but pumping it up makes it sound good doesn't it. :thumb:

After 14+ years, let me help you get over it. It is lie! An urban legend. Just like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

I can't believe a 30-something person would actually believe a tale like that.

After 14+ years, let me help you get over it. It is lie! An urban legend. Just like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

I can't believe a 30-something person would actually believe a tale like that.

OH NO! You let the cat out of the bag now. Bill can't tell his kids and grandkids that the only way he was beat was by a cheating team. And now, he needs counseling to help him deal with the thought that there is no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or phantom FRA kids from Texas. :thumb:

On a serious note, I think this FRA-Texas connection thing is the most hilarious thing I have ever, ever heard on this board. I had several friends on the FRA team at that time. I know coach Weiker personally. I can unequivocably say that this is the most preposterous thing ever on this board. My vote: Bill is banned from discussing any public private debate threads. Or better, yet let's keep Bill around for the comedic relief!

Over time, I have come to read with a little bit more of an open mind when it comes to the complaints/concerns of the anti-private side.

Nevertheless, these debates really degenerate when the "all private schools can get kids from all over the country" allegations arise.

So, we're to believe that six kids from Texas had families that said, "We're going to shun the excellent high school football system in Texas. We're going to shun the great private schools in Texas. What we're going to do is send our kids away for school, and not to a bordering state like Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana, but to a non-contiguous state: Tennessee. And not only are we going to send our kids to Tennessee, we're going to send them to a school that plays in the lowest classification in an average football state, and which has never won a state title in football (prior to 1991). And never mind the fact that Franklin Road Academy is not a boarding school; we'll put them up with relatives, friends, or heck, even complete strangers. Or better yet, we'll get them their own pad. We love our kids, but sending them to a non-boarding school in Tennessee to play football at a "non-football" school that doesn't have the name cachet of at least a half-dozen other private schools in the state is probably the best for our kids and their development."

Come on, people.

I hear that there is a petition going around with over 5000 names on it. Asking for RC to step down from the TSSAA cause of the neglect of certain issues. Doctors.Lawyers Teachers and Coaches I heard signed this.

Unless it is each schools TSSAA rep ... it doesn't mean much. It would be like you or me signing a petition ... who would really care.

OK, I can play that game. You can't tell me that there is enough talent in the Riverdale zone only for them to dominate in football ever single year. Also, Oak Ridge, Alcoa, DB, Maryville, and Trousdale. It just isn't possible. All of those schools have kids signing D1 scholarships every single year. How? None of those places are huge places. Explain it.

How about Houston in baseball? How do they dominate everyyear? Is it just a strange coincidence that all there players sign at D1 schools with another D1 caliber player to replace them the next year.

Like I said, this is not a public/private issue ... it is an EVERYBODY issue. Why aren't you jumping up and down about the open zoned Maryvilles of the world? Are you biased towards private school kids? :rolleyes:

Trousdale does do it with homegrown kids. They have had very few kids from outside their county over the years. I'm talking several generation kids from either Smith or Trousdale counties.

Over time, I have come to read with a little bit more of an open mind when it comes to the complaints/concerns of the anti-private side.

Nevertheless, these debates really degenerate when the "all private schools can get kids from all over the country" allegations arise.

So, we're to believe that six kids from Texas had families that said, "We're going to shun the excellent high school football system in Texas. We're going to shun the great private schools in Texas. What we're going to do is send our kids away for school, and not to a bordering state like Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana, but to a non-contiguous state: Tennessee. And not only are we going to send our kids to Tennessee, we're going to send them to a school that plays in the lowest classification in an average football state, and which has never won a state title in football (prior to 1991). And never mind the fact that Franklin Road Academy is not a boarding school; we'll put them up with relatives, friends, or heck, even complete strangers. Or better yet, we'll get them their own pad. We love our kids, but sending them to a non-boarding school in Tennessee to play football at a "non-football" school that doesn't have the name cachet of at least a half-dozen other private schools in the state is probably the best for our kids and their development."

Come on, people.

True.

Trousdale does do it with homegrown kids. They have had very few kids from outside their county over the years. I'm talking several generation kids from either Smith or Trousdale counties.

Very few? How many is "very few". Let's all breathe a sigh of relief that Trousdale County had only bent the rule a few times.

Right. :lol:

You said it best ... kids from either SMITH or Trousdale counties. ;)

I am talking about their fathers playing for SC...not SC kids. There are several that come to mind including Dustin Dillehay.

True.

Very few? How many is "very few". Let's all breathe a sigh of relief that Trousdale County had only bent the rule a few times.

There's no rule bending I know of. Read my previous post.