Region 3-1A

TENallstate

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic is self expanatory...Who will be the region champs this year? And who are the players that will lead them there?

Its hard not to say South Pitt. But if anyone does Id say either Whitwell or Temple. But SP is getting so many back and are expected to make a state champ. run. Temple is getting alot back plus some. The only thing that will hurt them might be depth. But Ive heard they will have a decent size team next year.

Its hard not to say South Pitt. But if anyone does Id say either Whitwell or Temple. But SP is getting so many back and are expected to make a state champ. run. Temple is getting alot back plus some. The only thing that will hurt them might be depth. But Ive heard they will have a decent size team next year.

I think everybody in the Region will be stronger next year. If you think about it everyone was basically rebuilding last year with young players. Whitwell is returning 9 starters to each side of the ball. I think Copper is returning 17 seniors, I think Temple lost Smithison but are returning everyone else. Grace will have a boat load of seniors, S. Pitt they are still going to be young but lots of talent. Not sure about Silverdale but have heard Coach Allen has some additional athletes in the weight room that are soon to enroll. I think lookout valley Is returning all but two or three starters. I think region three will be strong next year.

I don't think that you can go in any direction but South Pittsburg with this one. They return nearly everyone from last year's team that went undefeated in the region. They were young last year and should be even better this year. But then that could be said about all of the teams in the region since it is as Possum said, everyone was young last year.

I think that the battle will be for the second place spot. Valley, Whitwell and Temple and possibly even Grace can make it a battle. Basin will be returning a lot but they have a long way to go right now but with the right coach they could move into a decent position to at least make the playoffs.

Valley will be returning nearly everyone from their 2nd place team from last year.

Whitwell will have some holes to plug but should be fine. Possum should be able to fill us in more on them.

The question is with Temple. Do they have anyone to come in at QB and will they be throwing the ball nearly every down or will their running backs get a work out this year? Bigbody or one of the other Temple posters can help us out there.

What about Grace? They could be the wildcard but I still think the others have a little better shot right now. They could play the spoiler though and fight their way up the ladder.

I don't think that you can go in any direction but South Pittsburg with this one. They return nearly everyone from last year's team that went undefeated in the region. They were young last year and should be even better this year. But then that could be said about all of the teams in the region since it is as Possum said, everyone was young last year.

I think that the battle will be for the second place spot. Valley, Whitwell and Temple and possibly even Grace can make it a battle. Basin will be returning a lot but they have a long way to go right now but with the right coach they could move into a decent position to at least make the playoffs.

Valley will be returning nearly everyone from their 2nd place team from last year.

Whitwell will have some holes to plug but should be fine. Possum should be able to fill us in more on them.

The question is with Temple. Do they have anyone to come in at QB and will they be throwing the ball nearly every down or will their running backs get a work out this year? Bigbody or one of the other Temple posters can help us out there.

What about Grace? They could be the wildcard but I still think the others have a little better shot right now. They could play the spoiler though and fight their way up the ladder.

I completly agree with you about Grace, they could be the sleeper in the Region. I really liked the way they spread things out, and get more people involved in their system. I think what they do really fits the type of kids they have now. I think if S. Pitt can get 1 or 2 kids to step up, they may be unstopable. Valley may have trouble sneaking up on folks this year and will have to replace 74 and their fb/lb. Temple very simple, can they replace Smithison? Silverdale, with them being private they probably have hired the right guy. Whitwell really will not have a problem filling holes, but finding depth up front. The guys that played defense up front last year will have to take on additional duties on the offensive line. Whitwell will have a true option QB this year, but will miss the arm of Manning.

I completly agree with you about Grace, they could be the sleeper in the Region. I really liked the way they spread things out, and get more people involved in their system. I think what they do really fits the type of kids they have now. I think if S. Pitt can get 1 or 2 kids to step up, they may be unstopable. Valley may have trouble sneaking up on folks this year and will have to replace 74 and their fb/lb. Temple very simple, can they replace Smithison? Silverdale, with them being private they probably have hired the right guy. Whitwell really will not have a problem filling holes, but finding depth up front. The guys that played defense up front last year will have to take on additional duties on the offensive line. Whitwell will have a true option QB this year, but will miss the arm of Manning.

Is Kilgore going to be the starting QB for the Tigers? I thought that I heard that last year. If so that kid is pretty dang fast.

I had forgotten that 74 from Valley was a Sr. Brewer or something was his name wasn't it? I may be wrong. I do know that he was a heck of a ball player, at least he was when I saw them. Out of all of the players graduating, he and Smithson may be the two toughest in the region to be replaced ... by their respective teams that is.

Is Kilgore going to be the starting QB for the Tigers? I thought that I heard that last year. If so that kid is pretty dang fast.

I had forgotten that 74 from Valley was a Sr. Brewer or something was his name wasn't it? I may be wrong. I do know that he was a heck of a ball player, at least he was when I saw them. Out of all of the players graduating, he and Smithson may be the two toughest in the region to be replaced ... by their respective teams that is.

Kilgore will be the starting QB this year. He could have started last year, but we did not want to waste him at QB, we felt Manning could do the job, in which he did. However, we do have a kid coming from the middle school that will see some playing time at QB this year. He is 6'3" and athletic. I think you are right about 74 being Brewer as well. Whitwell should be better next year, but I can not think of one team we play that want be better as well.

I think Temple will be better next year. I see them being very verticle next year. They got a new receiver from Hixson thats 6'5 and is straight up athletic his names Micah Wright. Then they have Seth #11 on the other side. So you have 2 guys that are 6'4 and 6'5 that can jump and have really good speed.

Temples line is goin to be better than last year bc we lost nobody off of the line. Most everyone off the line has been working out pretty hard so theyll be better and have the experience. We have Josh Smith #44 running up the middle and Joey Skogen #1 running around the outside. Dee Newson #3 is more than likely goin to be the qb. He is very quick and athletic but lacks height. So more than likely you will see alot of sprint outs, but the kid does have a pretty good arm.

I think going verticle will work alot bc nobody last year could guard Seth by themself, there was always a double-team. I dont see Wright being guarded by 1 person either, hes that kind of caliber player. And when teams goin to the zone defense and drop 6-7 guys thats when Dee takes off or Smith goes up the middle.

Temple's defense will be better. The only thing that is hurting Temple (and did last year alot) is depth. They have the talent but its hard to win 8 ball games when you have less than 20 people on the team. But I did hear numbers are goin to be better, somewhere from 25-30 on the team next year , so that will help.

Im not saying Temple is goin to win the region or even come second, but I am saying they are goin to be dangerous. I see them being like Valley last year. Nobody expected them to be that good, but they had the talent and ended up 2nd place. Good Luck to all the teams next year, and enjoy it!

Grace will be alot better than last year. They guys are getting alot stronger. The main problem with Grace has been the line and size. Grace has plenty of good athletes to fill the "skill" possitions. If everyone plays this next year that should Grace will suprised alot of people. They have had a very successful middle school program and it will just take time for those kids to get to the physical level they need to be at. You will start to see that this up coming season.

Nobody will touch South Pitt. this year. I personally believe they are the team to beat for the entire state in 1A. I do think Temple can be successful if they can improve their line and their defense. Whitwell will do well in the region but won't be able to go far in playoffs due to playing region 4 opponents. Copper Basin will be better, but still not good enough to make a major run.

2006 Predictions:

South Pitt.

Whitwell

Temple

Copper Basin