Temple/Clay County Updates?

templefan2006

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Clay Co. Bulldogs on a great win. Temple, you had a good season and a good showing on the road.

But i will have to say that this shows Clay isnt as good as everybody was making them out to be. Not everyone, but a couple people made it sound like Clay was invinsible and we should worship the ground they walk on. Temple was up 13 ON THE ROAD in sub-state. Crusaders, i applaud you and you will be even better next year!!

congratulations to clay county from a HUGE temple fan. you guys have a great team (and have had a great team the past five years). you were a class act from what i saw in the past 4 substate meetings when we won close games against you guys. i have a tremendous amount of respect for you guys. each of the past 4 years that temple has been to state, we had to start with a sectional game against clay county, and each of those 4 years i honestly felt like clay was just as good as many of the other teams in the tournament. our section i feel like our section (region 3 and 4) has had at least 3 or 4 teams that could compete with and beat many of the other teams in the tournament. its soooooooooooooo tough to get out of our section. i really felt like our (temple's) guys were good enough to win it all if things went our way. i said two days ago that we would either lose tonight, or make it to the finals. if we could get by clay county at clay county, we should be able to make it to the finals. our guys are VERY good, and i am VERY proud of them. you have absolutely nothing to hang your heads about. we just ran into one of the best teams in the state in clay county tonight. congratulations clay county. knowing how it feels to FINALLY make it to state for the first time in a long time..........to get over that hump, i am happy the clay county people. i hope noone takes anything away from them. congratulations on getting to the state tournament and good luck. (i do have to cheer for grace to win it all though). and hopefully temple will be back in substate and state action next year.

First, Congratulations to the Bulldogs. TWENTY YEARS, and 4 SUB STATE's in a row to get here, but FINALLY ya'll pulled it off. Congrats to Casey Ferrell, and Dustin Rich, I truly think their big play won this game for us. Everyone played good, as Saylor and Tyler Kerr stepped up and hit BIG shots, and Godwin knocked DOWN some HUGE free throws. But, play of the night has to go to Dustin Rich, what about that post move to make a game winner. Congrats Dawgs you deserve it.

congratulations to clay county from a HUGE temple fan. you guys have a great team (and have had a great team the past five years). you were a class act from what i saw in the past 4 substate meetings when we won close games against you guys. i have a tremendous amount of respect for you guys. each of the past 4 years that temple has been to state, we had to start with a sectional game against clay county, and each of those 4 years i honestly felt like clay was just as good as many of the other teams in the tournament. our section i feel like our section (region 3 and 4) has had at least 3 or 4 teams that could compete with and beat many of the other teams in the tournament. its soooooooooooooo tough to get out of our section. i really felt like our (temple's) guys were good enough to win it all if things went our way. i said two days ago that we would either lose tonight, or make it to the finals. if we could get by clay county at clay county, we should be able to make it to the finals. our guys are VERY good, and i am VERY proud of them. you have absolutely nothing to hang your heads about. we just ran into one of the best teams in the state in clay county tonight. congratulations clay county. knowing how it feels to FINALLY make it to state for the first time in a long time..........to get over that hump, i am happy the clay county people. i hope noone takes anything away from them. congratulations on getting to the state tournament and good luck. (i do have to cheer for grace to win it all though). and hopefully temple will be back in substate and state action next year.

Very nice post i couldn't agree more. Our guys new that Temple was going to be tough, there was the mental thing with never having beaten Temple when it counted and then Temple is just, well, Temple. They have a great team and like i told our guys tonight, there isn't a team up there thats any better than the one they just beat. What an exciting game to witness. It was an amazing comeback being down 13 in the second half to a team like Temple and being able to win it in the end. This was what high school basketball was all about. If you weren't in the gym in Clay Co. tonight you missed a true classic. This was the most amazing game i have ever watched. I knew Temple was going to be tough, i knew it wasn't going to be easy no matter what i or anyone else posted. Its so hard to win on the road in this sectional and like i said at the begining of the year the "home" teams out of the region would win and they did. Congratulations to all those seniors on Clay County's team and the whole team for that matter. Temple will be a favorite to win it all next year for sure, they have a great team and a great tradition. We'll see everyone at the buro'! <_<

Congrats to Clay County. This was the best game I have ever seen played. Clay really played their tails off in the second half to get this win. Everyone played a huge role in the victory and that just shows what kind of team this is. Jon Godwin showed how much he has matured since this time last year and I am really proud of the game he played. Saylor Walden made some huge shots and had a huge steal at the end to get the final shot. Dustin Rich played outstanding and the game-winning shot just capped the night off. Casey Ferrell played great defense and played great going toward the rim. Tyler Kerr hit a huge 3 in the second half to start the Clay County run. Bobby Knight didn't have the numbers like he been getting lately but did all the things Clay needed him to do. And last but definatly not least Jake Hewitt. He played an outstanding defensive game especially against Seth in the second half. 3 more games to go. I know you can do it.