Hampton's Year in Sports

Lord Vader

I would just like to congradulate the Hampton Bulldogs on having a great year in sports. They were 1 game from the state championship in football (and were beaten by the eventual champs), in the state tourney in girls hoops (and still going), and had a sub-state game in boys basketball( beaten by the 34-1, #1 ranked team in the state). Nobody in upper East Tennessee has done as good as the Hampton Bulldogs this year.

Edited by Lord Vader

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to congradulate the Hampton Bulldogs on having a great year in sports. They were 1 game from the state championship in football (and were beaten by the eventual champs), in the state tourney in girls hoops (and still going), and had a sub-state game in boys basketball( beaten by the 34-1, #1 ranked team in the state). Nobody in upper East Tennessee has done as good as the Hampton Bulldogs this year.

I agree!!!

Good luck lady Bulldogs

Seeing that they are a 2A school playing in 1A. That is how they are winning everything. If you have to cheat to win then its not a win.

Well Groan, or is that supposed to be great one?!!!! :rolleyes: Sounds like sour grapes to me. Numbers are numbers, & if they fallin 1A, they have as much right to be in 1A as anyone else.

Seeing that they are a 2A school playing in 1A. That is how they are winning everything. If you have to cheat to win then its not a win.

It's funny how this worked out, they drop to 1A and get new players and coaches in football to dominate and they did for the most part and they were projected to dominate in Basketball but that really didn't work out and they get to move back up to 2A after next year because of enrollment - Just seems kinda funny to alot of people how they could drop and then have to move right back up after the 2 year period - just an observation. Not jealous, just tired of hearing how GREAT they were supposed to be since us in 1A are so pitiful. :rolleyes:

It's funny how this worked out, they drop to 1A and get new players and coaches in football to dominate and they did for the most part and they were projected to dominate in Basketball but that really didn't work out and they get to move back up to 2A after next year because of enrollment - Just seems kinda funny to alot of people how they could drop and then have to move right back up after the 2 year period - just an observation. Not jealous, just tired of hearing how GREAT they were supposed to be since us in 1A are so pitiful. :thumb:

New players? New Coaches? How about new player & new assistant coach.

It may seem funny, to you how they drop down & move up.... but you must take into consideration how their students come from 3 different elementaries & 2 junior high school systems, or should, but maybe not. They may choose to go elsewhere. To make things even more confusing there is an area that can choose between Hampton or Cloudland. Therefore fluctuation is expected....... exact projections impossible. But if you can figure it out let us know. :D

Hampton[/url]Bulldogs1' post='825978402' date='Mar 7 2006 - 03:54 PM']

I would also like to congratulate the Bulldogs for making it this far. However, I haven't seen too many games, but the one's I have watched, it appears to me that Kelly Oliver is a much better coach than McClain. Kelly is up standing much of the game while Mark tends to sit and watch more. Good Luck to the Lady Bulldogs.

Standing up has nothing to do with being a good coach but I'll tell you why Coach Oliver has had success. He has surrounded himself with a good, knowledgable, hard working staff in Jerry Calhoun and Jesse James and he has tapped the resources around him for help (Leon Tolley, Bud Hazelwood, Jerry White) whom he is quick to credit for their help. Why hasn't the boys side done that? Do they know it all? Too proud to ask? Don't want to share any credit? There has been a lot of credit to go around this year you know. My question is since we (HHS) went out and got the best football coach that we could find why did we not do the same in Basketball (Boys)? Are we going be satisfied with being underachieving and mediocre or are we going to try and improve ourselves and try and get to the next level? If we want to get better then they had better do one of two things. (1) Get someone to help the current staff or (2) Get rid of the current staff.