A State Tournament

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Humboldt beating Cosby is not an upset,actually Cosby beating Humboldt would surprise me greatly.....Humboldt has size and is the most athletic team that will come out the most dominant area of the state.....The West....

Union City and Humboldt will face off in the state championship game...Round V...And show the rest of the state that District 14A is the best in the state.....

Clay County vs Grace Baptist in the finals, book it! :blink:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Union City vs Humboldt.....Saturday March, 18th....THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!

hmm... that would be kind of interesting to have a state championship game between two teams that were AA last year. But im not sold it will happen. Humboldt has a very tough road to the state final with Cosby and then (more than likely grace.) I dont think people out west realize how talented Grace is. Humboldt and Union City may have better athletes (and sometimes that wins), but there is no doubt in my mind Grace has better basketball players. It is going to be very interesting with the field we have. And remember ANYTHING can happen in the boro.

hmm... that would be kind of interesting to have a state championship game between two teams that were AA last year. But im not sold it will happen. Humboldt has a very tough road to the state final with Cosby and then (more than likely grace.) I dont think people out west realize how talented Grace is. Humboldt and Union City may have better athletes (and sometimes that wins), but there is no doubt in my mind Grace has better basketball players. It is going to be very interesting with the field we have. And remember ANYTHING can happen in the boro.

The best TEAM will win and advance and the two best TEAMS in the tournament are Clay Co. and Grace Baptist! :thumb:

The best TEAM will win and advance and the two best TEAMS in the tournament are Clay Co. and Grace Baptist! :thumb:

You may very well be correct.

Congrats on a big win last night. I heard the halftime score and thought yall were done. You must have a good group of kids. I think i met your son at the Jackson Co. vs Grace girls game. Seems like a nice kid, and by what i hear,not to bad of a ball player.

We heard all this last year too...Remember all the posts about how the great Tennessee Temple was going to just absolutely dominate little ole Middleton....Yea,I do too....I lived in Chattanooga the last two years and I knew those folks had no idea about what they were getting into....Forgive me if I'm not all that impressed......

Humboldt and Union City....Round v....

You remember state runner-up Trenton Peabody???....They are in District 14A also,along with UC,Humboldt and Lake County,who finished tied for #2 in the state in the final 1A poll....Peabody was a tough team with a winning record and couldn't win their first round district game.....Union City and Humboldt have played in a district where they were challenged by more than one team and are battle tested....Don't discount that....

Edited by backinthaoc

We heard all this last year too...Remember all the posts about how the great Tennessee Temple was going to just absolutely dominate little ole Middleton....Yea,I do too....I lived in Chattanooga the last two years and I knew those folks had no idea about what they were getting into....Forgive me if I'm not all that impressed......

If you actually WENT to the state tournament last year you would have seen a Middleton team was beat the ENTIRE game until the last minute. Temple had them the entire game, then caved in. If you went to Murfeesboro last year you would have also seen Trenton-Peabody get lucky against Unaka, another East Tennessee team. Unaka had the game won, and made careless errors late in the game (i.e. running to the offical to call a timeout, without actually dribbling it...)

Believe it or not, West Tennessee does not dominate Single A basketball, not like East Tennessee does football anyway...

Why do you think it will be really close? ER lost to Pickett and Grace easily took care of them by 19?

on any given night someone can lose,ER could of had a bad night aginst pickett or pickett could have had a bad night against grace so, u cant say so and so beat them and we beat them so we can win....ER will go in and play their hardest to win, if they lose great job on getting this far. :( .good luck to grace baptist also

If you actually WENT to the state tournament last year you would have seen a Middleton team was beat the ENTIRE game until the last minute. Temple had them the entire game, then caved in. If you went to Murfeesboro last year you would have also seen Trenton-Peabody get lucky against Unaka, another East Tennessee team. Unaka had the game won, and made careless errors late in the game (i.e. running to the offical to call a timeout, without actually dribbling it...)

Believe it or not, West Tennessee does not dominate Single A basketball, not like East Tennessee does football anyway...

what is the deal with the "boarding school" link??

Pickett played better against East Robertson in that win at ER, then they did against Grace. But, just from seeing each team once, I believe that Grace is a much better team than ER. They are much quicker, are deadly on the three, and have the experience. I'd pick Grace big in this one. But congratualtions to East Robertson on making the state! It would be a feather in Pickett's cap to say we beat the state champs, like we did the year Unaka won it! Win or lose, it's an impressive accomplishment to make the state tournament!