Information on Cosby eagles state run

bed2i

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i got a question...who has Cosby beaten this year who is considered a good team? i looked at their schedule and didn't see many familiar names. Maybe that's just b/c of where i'm from

Admittedly....they play in a weak district. But I look at the fact that they beat everyone of their district opponents by 20+ points as something that tells a tale. The Cosby coach doesn't like to RUTS - so he'll take his starters out early, a lot.

They defeated Class AAAs Morristown East (2x) and Cherokee.

Split with AA Pigeon Forge (hosted sub-state against Knox Catholic)

Beat AA Rutledge (Who knocked off a top-team in AA in the regional in Unicoi County)

In Class A - they swept Unaka (who defeated some decent teams this year; including Clay County)

They blasted their district foe Rockwood by 28 and 26 in the regular season. Cosby defeated them by 3 in the D-3A title game.

Cosby beat Wartburg by 3 in the R-2A title game.

Admittedly....they play in a weak district. But I look at the fact that they beat everyone of their district opponents by 20+ points as something that tells a tale. The Cosby coach doesn't like to RUTS - so he'll take his starters out early, a lot.

They defeated Class AAAs Morristown East (2x) and Cherokee.

Split with AA Pigeon Forge (hosted sub-state against Knox Catholic)

Beat AA Rutledge (Who knocked off a top-team in AA in the regional in Unicoi County)

In Class A - they swept Unaka (who defeated some decent teams this year; including Clay County)

They blasted their district foe Rockwood by 28 and 26 in the regular season. Cosby defeated them by 3 in the D-3A title game.

Cosby beat Wartburg by 3 in the R-2A title game.

You saying that u blasted your weak opponents by 20-30 doesnt say too much because district 14a teams blew there weaker opponents out by the same margin as well and i believe Lake County defeated UC by 15 or 20 points so give us more information than u beating weak teams by 20-30 because that doesnt say much. also the latest our starters have played in our blowouts is the 2nd quarter. No disrespect to your team or any east tn team. Can't wait till next wednesday to see how things go down.

Edited by VikingFan9

You saying that u blasted your weak opponents by 20-30 doesnt say too much because district 14a teams blew there weaker opponents out by the same margin as well and i believe Lake County defeated UC by 15 or 20 points so give us more information than u beating weak teams by 20-30 because that doesnt say much. also the latest our starters have played in our blowouts is the 2nd quarter. No disrespect to your team or any east tn team. Can't wait till next wednesday to see how things go down.

Did you not read the rest of pt's post about beating AAA schools and AA schools one in Pigeon Forge who hosted a substate game. We also beat Unaka twice once by about 20. You have heard of Unaka haven't you state champs a couple of years ago and beat Clay county this year who is going to the Boro. Cosby also beat district foe Rockwood (26-6) by 20 or more twice , and beat a very good Wartburg team in the region championship.

Yes, there is something in the water. It tastes a lot like three victories in the Boro.

I would hope that a team that should still be in AA classification could compete with these little single A teams. We'll just have to see how Humboldts athletes will match up to Cosby's basketball players. If your thinking 3 victories thats something a little stronger than water you're drinking.

I would hope that a team that should still be in AA classification could compete with these little single A teams. We'll just have to see how Humboldts athletes will match up to Cosby's basketball players. If your thinking 3 victories thats something a little stronger than water you're drinking.

If we were supposed to be in AA, the TSSAA would have us there, plain and simple. We have BASKETBALL PLAYERS that are very athletic! They are fundamentally sound and make good decision! They play disciplined, can run and gun, or play a halfcourt game. It doesn't matter.

I just looked at some pictures of Cosby in action and they look kind of slow to me. Looks like ACC(West) against the Ivy league(East). I believe some full court pressure defense will have looking them for oxygen.

How can a picture make Cosby look slow? Is it the fact that they have mostly white players that makes you think they are slow? I am not a Cosby fan ( although I will be rooting for them at the Boro), but Cosby is actually a very athletic team. Blakely is a tremendous athlete in the post and their guards are all very quick. They may not be the most athletic team in the state, but I think that is a pretty hard conclusion to come to from a picture. Seems like the NBA MVP was unathletic too looking at pictures of him on the internet. Cosby has some holes, but they are a very good basketball team. They may not win it all, but they are very capable. If they catch fire watch out. Good luck in the Boro, from a PF fan.