Oliver Springs vs. Madison Magnet

catback

Regal why are you so upset? It seems that if it is no big deal it should be on Coacht and why are people fighting to keep it off and hide it? It seems to me that the only person that made a mistake and the only person you shoiuld be upset with is the person that hired the coach without checking the rules. I assume it was the principal of Oliver Springs but I know that is not always the case. It sounds like you actually got off easy(just a fine). I dont think it is funny either because I bet this had to effect the players because I am sure they knew all this before this article came out.

I'm not upset! If I'm not wrong I think you were one of the few who tried like the devil to get this on Coach T during Tournament time. The person that hired Coach Christopher is not with us anymore. Why should this be on Coach T? You said it! " I dont think it is funny either because I bet this had to effect the players because I am sure they knew all this before this article came out." This is why I think It did not need to be on here then. So do you really care for the girls or what? Make up your mind is It a big deal or not?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOE, WOE, WOE!!!!!!

Everyone chill out, calm down and have some warm apple pie, just the thing to smooth things over when people start asking too many questions. I think Oliver Springs has plenty pie for everyone. :thumb:

Recipe!

Home Made, Rotten Apple Pie.

(Ingredients)

1. Apples = Parents

2. Honey = Deception

3. Sugar = Ego

Dice three or four rotten apples and put in large, very large pan.

Cover apples generously with honey.

Sprinkle lots and lots of sugar on top, don’t worry you can’t use too much sugar.

Place in oven and bake for four (4) to five (5) years

Remove pie from oven and let cool for one (1) summer or so.

WOW! Looks and smells just like Grandma’s Original American Apple Pie.

Just one thing left to do. Scoop out generous portions and serve to your fans and supporters. Ask them to keep their eyes closed while they eat and they will never know the apples are rotten. Oh my, there may be enough left over for next year.

Just joking, read this somewhere and thought it would fit in nicely here. Hope everyone is big enough to find the humor in this.

IF THIS POST OFFENDS ANYONE PLEASE ACCEPT MY HUMBLE (APPLE PIE) APOLOGY.

TECH.

First off, I'm an Oliver Springs fan, and it would not upset me one bit if this information was posted on CoachT. If memory serves me correct, I think Coach Wright was the athletic director at OS, before leaving for Roane State, he may or may not have known about the TSSAA requirements, regarding what type of requirements that had to be met, for Coach C to take over. This was just an innocent oversight by someone at the school, and given the circumstances of finding a coach at such short notice, its understandable. It's nothing OS has to be ashamed of, chalk it up as a lesson learned, and move on. Maybe your concern is, that if posted, it will warrant negative post from the OZ haters. Your probably right about that, but, to those of us who know the girls and Coach C, and even the admin folks at OS, we know what a great bunch of folks these are, and if someone chooses to post a negative comment about any of them, its just out of plain ignorance!!!

First off, I'm an Oliver Springs fan, and it would not upset me one bit if this information was posted on CoachT. If memory serves me correct, I think Coach Wright was the athletic director at OS, before leaving for Roane State, he may or may not have known about the TSSAA requirements, regarding what type of requirements that had to be met, for Coach C to take over. This was just an innocent oversight by someone at the school, and given the circumstances of finding a coach at such short notice, its understandable. It's nothing OS has to be ashamed of, chalk it up as a lesson learned, and move on. Maybe your concern is, that if posted, it will warrant negative post from the OZ haters. Your probably right about that, but, to those of us who know the girls and Coach C, and even the admin folks at OS, we know what a great bunch of folks these are, and if someone chooses to post a negative comment about any of them, its just out of plain ignorance!!!

I am not ashamed! I think the posters that were trying to post this during Tournament time were trying to hurt our Coach's! That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Regal

Well first I havent recieved a e-mail to read the article that may or may-not exist. Secondly its seems to me that some people that make Apple Pie dont know the correct way to make Pie. I really think their are somethings going on at OZ lots of jealously, which I really wish people would get over. You know what they say you cant make Chicken Salad out of Chicken ---- And if you scoop this up and serve it you probaley wouldnt have made it to the State. GO LADY BOBCATS... ;)

Well first I havent recieved a e-mail to read the article that may or may-not exist. Secondly its seems to me that some people that make Apple Pie dont know the correct way to make Pie. I really think their are somethings going on at OZ lots of jealously, which I really wish people would get over. You know what they say you cant make Chicken Salad out of Chicken ---- And if you scoop this up and serve it you probaley wouldnt have made it to the State. GO LADY BOBCATS... ;)

Chicken!!! Hmmm.. I think this does have something to do with Chicken!!

I am not ashamed! I think the posters that were trying to post this during Tournament time were trying to hurt our Coach's! That's all I'm saying.

First of all Regal, you must be awful psychic and smart to know my motivations are and how I feel. Your mom should have taught you to get all the information before you judge. That is why I originally, when asked by a number of people(wow what a big secret) about something at Oliver Springs, started a thread that if anyone knew the truth or was it just false rumors at oliver springs but I did not say any facts/rumors on coacht but I cannot prove it because it was taken off. Then someone else ask why and that thread was taken off. I dropped it after that and did not post again about the situation so I put up one thread and try to get the truth which might have stopped some of the rumors and lies about the situation and I am as you said one of those trying to hurt the coaches , players, and trying like the devil to get it on here. PLEASE. Get your facts straight before you start accusing people of trying to hurt others. Maybe you should read your own posts. Yeah you are not ashamed, Also if the girls and coaches already knew and it is not a big deal why would it bother them if the truth was on coacht? You are not making sense. The truth hurts but it also sets you free.

Edited by geico

The article does exist, I read it too. It was in the Tennesseean one of the days in a preview of the state tournament. I thought to fine a team like that was pretty dumb when she works for the school system.

First of all Regal, you must be awful psychic and smart to know my motivations are and how I feel. Your mom should have taught you to get all the information before you judge. That is why I originally, when asked by a number of people(wow what a big secret) about something at Oliver Springs, started a thread that if anyone knew the truth or was it just false rumors at oliver springs but I did not say any facts/rumors on coacht but I cannot prove it because it was taken off. Then someone else ask why and that thread was taken off. I dropped it after that and did not post again about the situation so I put up one thread and try to get the truth which might have stopped some of the rumors and lies about the situation and I am as you said one of those trying to hurt the coaches , players, and trying like the devil to get it on here. PLEASE. Get your facts straight before you start accusing people of trying to hurt others. Maybe you should read your own posts. Yeah you are not ashamed, Also if the girls and coaches already knew and it is not a big deal why would it bother them if the truth was on coacht? You are not making sense. The truth hurts but it also sets you free.

[/quot

You are not making sense! What truth hurts?

Quote from Geico:"Bballnuts that is funny you said that. Coach Christopher seems to disagree. She seems to think AC played there best game of the year against OS last time they played or so she said this morning. Yeah can you believe a coach would say that about a team she is going to face tonight. Wow and people wonder why OS doesnt get any respect how about giving some to a team that beat you. It should be a good one tonight at AC I just wonder if AC can but together another career performance against the Lady Bobcats. What is she thinking saying something like that? Or was she thinking??? Bballmom and regal can you believe she said this?"

So, where did you hear this!

Go ahead just try to make me believe that you are not after our Coach!

Edited by Regal

Did I read that Coach Todd Wright was the AD when Coach Christopher got hired at OS. If that is the case then why were parents in the pricipals office talking about who to hire and who not to hire. Well thats not the point and that goes on a lot of places I am sure. Bottom line is in a small town you get a lot of politics and some people not to mention any names are right in the middle of them. Surely the AD Todd Wright and the principal knew about this rule, and if they did not know about this rule, who brought it to the attention to the administration? Who turned OS into TSSAA? It seems like I am missing parts of the story here. Please fill me in.

Did I read that Coach Todd Wright was the AD when Coach Christopher got hired at OS. If that is the case then why were parents in the pricipals office talking about who to hire and who not to hire. Well thats not the point and that goes on a lot of places I am sure. Bottom line is in a small town you get a lot of politics and some people not to mention any names are right in the middle of them. Surely the AD Todd Wright and the principal knew about this rule, and if they did not know about this rule, who brought it to the attention to the administration? Who turned OS into TSSAA? It seems like I am missing parts of the story here. Please fill me in.

Actually Todd was not the AD when Coach Christopher was hired, she is the school nurse for the middle school and high school, she was an assistant coach under Todd.

When Todd left for Roane State, OS not only lost its girls basketball coach, but, also the AD. So when the decision was made about a new coach, OS really didn't have an AD at the time. You have to remember that this happened about two weeks before the season was set to start, there was not the normal time to post the job and interview candidates like the normal process. No one turned OS into the TSSAA, when you go to the state tournament, all of the teams competing, get a once over, just to make sure everything is in place, during this procedure, it was found that the proper paper had not been filed. It was a honest mistake, and as I've stated before, under the circumstances, one that is understandable.