Grace Baptist v. East Robertson

ut18vols

Those, my friend, are the words of a very arrogant young man who deserves to be benched for such an obnoxious comment. Hopefully, Mr. Eldridge did not really say this -- if I was his parent or coach, I'd not be pleased. And if I were a Grace fan, I wouldn't be spreading it around.

HAHA...Davis is a funny kid. He isnt arrogant...chill out man...you dont know the kid. Those words were said jokinglly between us Grace senior guys. And i wouldnt care how arrogant he was...if i had a player that could shoot like Davis...let him be arrogant...you would think the same thing if you had a shooter like Davis.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA...Davis is a funny kid. He isnt arrogant...chill out man...you dont know the kid. Those words were said jokinglly between us Grace senior guys. And i wouldnt care how arrogant he was...if i had a player that could shoot like Davis...let him be arrogant...you would think the same thing if you had a shooter like Davis.

arrogance isnt really a bad thing with a shooter. Davis isnt an arrogant person at all. If you have ever talked to him he is very humble. Now when it comes to shooting he is VERY confident. He is one of those shooters who always thinks the next one if going in, and he usualy is right.

This chat board is both interesting and exciting when it comes to cross-regional play.

I am a Grace fan and will tell you that they are very deep. Even though the starters are mostly seniors, the rest of the team is cohesive and they will keep them in the game in order to give the starters a breather.

As many of you had already indicated, I don't think that the coaching staff or the guys at Grace will underestimate ER but will be confident as they should be. I'm sure the ER fans feel the same way - and their players and coaching staff will have them ready to play and they will also exhibit a confidence.

Most teams seem to have excellent players and maturity at this level and each of the games will be a game of match ups. If you look at the schedules and strength as well as the scores, I believe Grace would have to be favored by at least 10 points.

As late as Jan 20, Pickett County beat East Robertson 59-51 at ER. While I'm sure there has been some improvement and you can add 10 points for a bad night, poor refs, I cannot imagine that ER has the winning edge. Grace just beat Pickett County by 19. Someone talked about over-confidence and another talked about underdogs, Grace will be ready to play. Teams will have to guard all five players on the court and conversely, all 5 players will also be guarded heavily.

In Grace-Temple (5 games this year) Grace was down to Temple by 15 points and won the game. They have heart and they also have 4 seniors who don't want to graduate without the state honors. Grace also beat Temple by 18 points on Feb 10.

While Carter is younger and still growing etc. , he is tough and I have seen him shoot 3 pointers from NBA range. He also played against another 6 10 kid from East Ridge and bodied him pretty well. GO Grace - they will be very tough.

Go Eagles...The hopes of the east are on you all, my boys from McMinn Central, Bearden, and Alcoa to bring glory to East Tennessee...nobody is giving any of the above mentioned teams a chance...the best chance may lie with yall to bring home a gold ball...

Congrats to yall to making it to state i'll be pulling for ya 100%

Edited by redandwhiteforever