Union City

westtennbob

Do you really think this one will get out of hand that bad? That would be embarrassing.

This game could be 30+ point differential if Cloudland loses its head. Cloudland has some height and a couple of kids that have just started hitting the three. I saw them in a Christmas tournament and I still can't believe they're now this far. If UC has anything they will be fine. Just don't overlook the Highlanders. I'd say Uc by 18 due to the coach being kind.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be a "homer" Wes you know Union City and Humboldt will both get beat before the championship game! Humboldt loses in the first round and UC in the second. Championship game is Clay Co. vs Grace Baptist with Clay County winning a close one! :D

Some of the posts crack me up. Since when did the state tourney become a civil war between the three parts of the state? The truth is that people from the east don't know much about the teams from the west and vise versa. So why don't we can the trash talking until somebody proves something on the court.

Some of the posts crack me up. Since when did the state tourney become a civil war between the three parts of the state? The truth is that people from the east don't know much about the teams from the west and vise versa. So why don't we can the trash talking until somebody proves something on the court.

Union CIty by 15 points. Weddle has something to prove from substate game vs. Middleton. He's not Mr. B'Ball finalist for nothing. If he gets 30 points, then that 15 will mushroom to 25 point spread. I'll take one game at time. Humboldt wins also in 1st round.

Union City sounds like an awesome team. This contest will be interesting. Cloudland's record can be deceiving. Yes, a loss is a loss, however they have had several overtime games and games decided by 1 point. That has gave this team alot of character, and that has been hard to overcome for their opponents in tourneys. At this point in the year, the only thing that matters is their 7-0 mark to reach the state tourney. You can throw the regular season records out once you reach Mufreesboro. This team will surprise you, especially if you overlook them. They are not a big team or that athletic, but a sound and smart team. That is another key for them. They have no true superstars and it seems that someone different steps up every game. Ned Smith will probably play 10 players and that is nice to have that depth. Union City sounds like they have the weapons, coaching, and abilty to turn this game ugly if Cloudland doesn't show. I do not believe that will be a problem, but neither team can take this game lightly. If you look to the next game, this one may be your last. Both teams look to have advantages on paper, but come Wednesday what you have done to this point does not matter. The only thing that matters is the score at the end and who is moving on. Good luck to both teams, even though I am rooting for the Highlanders.

Union City sounds like an awesome team. This contest will be interesting. Cloudland's record can be deceiving. Yes, a loss is a loss, however they have had several overtime games and games decided by 1 point. That has gave this team alot of character, and that has been hard to overcome for their opponents in tourneys. At this point in the year, the only thing that matters is their 7-0 mark to reach the state tourney. You can throw the regular season records out once you reach Mufreesboro. This team will surprise you, especially if you overlook them. They are not a big team or that athletic, but a sound and smart team. That is another key for them. They have no true superstars and it seems that someone different steps up every game. Ned Smith will probably play 10 players and that is nice to have that depth. Union City sounds like they have the weapons, coaching, and abilty to turn this game ugly if Cloudland doesn't show. I do not believe that will be a problem, but neither team can take this game lightly. If you look to the next game, this one may be your last. Both teams look to have advantages on paper, but come Wednesday what you have done to this point does not matter. The only thing that matters is the score at the end and who is moving on. Good luck to both teams, even though I am rooting for the Highlanders.

you seem to know what you are talking about with Cloudland...what kind of team are they. Not, are they good, but what style do they play? ...that kind of thing. do they like to run or play it slow?....

Cloudland is a team that both tempos will suite. They will play the running, high scoring offensive game, but they are better suited to play the slow tempo defensive game. In tourneys, the 'Landers have played that slow tempo and it has drove opposing teams crazy. They are a smart and a very patient team. Regular season, Cloudland struggled by losing several close games and all of those were high scoring games. They all came down to the wire, and that has added character as I said in an earlier post. The 'Landers do not have a superstar, because they believe in a team effort. Several players have had big games in different games during tournaments and that can make a team unpredicable. Ned Smith has proved he can be a master game planner, and I expect more of the same against Union City. It will take more then a game plan for Cloudland to pull this off, but they are capable. The key for the Highlanders is not to get caught up in Union City's game. If they play Highlander basketball with them controling the tempo, this team will be very dangerous in the 'Boro. Cloudland can not be overlooked by Union City, and I am sure that Union City's Coach Sisco will not let that happen. On the same token, the Highlanders need to travel to Mufreesboro with the right attitude, but I am also postive that Smith will have his 'Landers prepared to battle. This game has the possiblilty of becoming the best of the day on Wednesday.

I can not stress that the regular season record does not matter at this point. The team that will take the court Wednesday is a much improved Highlander team then during the year. You must remember that Cloudland is 7-0 coming into the 'Boro, while Union City has lost two games to Humboldt. Good Luck 'Landers.