Hamilton vs. Greeneville

Gdev2222

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is difficult to slow the pace against Hamilton if you can't break their full court pressure. A good ballhandling team will cause them problems and could raise their level of frustration because they feed off easy, cheap baskets.

Anderson is a great point,averaging just 3 turnovers per game. They have handled the press all season long. If the outside shots are dropping they will hang for a while.

of course everyone thinks Hamilton is goin to win,,,,i mean who wouldnt when they are 34-0 and 6th or w/e in the nation- especially when they beat teams like Mitchell and other good teams out of memphis, but i honestly believe Greeneville stands a chance....not because im a devil fan but because i think they stand a chance...what do you guys think will happen??? i say GHS UPSETS them by 5!

Gdev2222,

I don't know anything about Greeneville. I do know a whole lot about Hamilton.

If any team is going to stand a chance to beat Hamilton, then they absolutely MUST keep Hamilton off the offensive boards. If Greenville can't do that, then it's gonna be a long, frustrating and losing night for Greenville or anybody else that plays Hamilton. Simple. Not easy.

Gdev, Hamilton has height, talent, speed, depth, balanced offense, stout defense and a host of other important intangibles. In short, they have all the goods necessary to win the State Championship. The only question that remains is "Will they win it?"

PREDICTION: Frankly, I don't know if Hamilton is going to be State Champs. Here are 2 clues on how to tell, early in the 1st quarter, the likely winner of this game: If you see Hamilton getting offensive rebounds after every 2 or 3 shots at the basket, then Hamilton is gonna win going away! Also, if you see Hamilton limiting Greeneville to 1-shot, for the most part, then Hamilton will win.

You see, Gdev, after having seen Hamilton play 5 or 6 times this year, I'm convinced that their BIGGEST strength (amongst many others, mind you) is their overall rebounding ability, especially on the offensive end. Secondly is their defense.....

It's really difficult, but not impossible (of course) to beat a team that crashes the boards and gets as many 2nd-shots as Hamilton does. On the other hand, it's gets even tougher to beat a team that consistently outrebounds the opponent as much as Hamilton does (No--I don't have any official stats, just careful observation)....

There you have it....let's see what happens.

Edited by TraderB

Hamilton plays more defense than most of the teams i have seen out of Memphis. Hamilton can play in a game with a slower pace. They played Bolivar in the FedEx Forum on January 16th in an overtime game with a final score of 62-61. They have the capability to play uptempo or a slow down game. I feel they have an advantage either way. It would be hard to run with them because of how athletic they are. In a slow paced game Hamilton has a huge size advantage inside. No disrespect to Greeneville because anyone still in the tournament at this point has done a few things right along the way. However, you must remember that Hamilton is comming out of Memphis which is considered one of the top cities in the nation for high school basketball talend and has emerged without a single loss. These wins have come over some stiff competition including Bolivar, Mitchell and Ridgeway.

Anderson is a great point,averaging just 3 turnovers per game. They have handled the press all season long. If the outside shots are dropping they will hang for a while.

If he's averaging 3 turnovers a game,he might have alot of trouble against Hamilton.In regionals GHS had trouble with SH's press and that is nowhere close to the athletes Hamilton has.The throw it up to Wiggins strategy won't work as a press offense.If they limit turnovers,slow the game down,and Moore and Wiggins play lights out they can win,I just don't know if they can play like that for 32 minutes.I'm guessing Hamilton wins by about 15,but a close 15.

Good luck to everybody :thumb: