York Institute vs. Jackson Northside

drag-buff-fan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yes. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Hopefully, I'll be there tomorrow when they're playin for the championship, too. :thumb: Do I know you?

I agree...No I seriously doubt you know me, I have seen you play for York, and I see you on here all the time, supporting York

I am a friend of your old athletic trainer..TJ...she misses you guys so much and wishes she could be there today but she has a game to cover, so I will be there for both of us

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825983351' date='Mar 10 2006 - 07:46 PM']

Just a curious question. How did York arrive at the name Institute? Is there any history there? Is the school named after Alvin York? And why not High School instead of Institute?

It is named after Alvin C. York. I think he donated a lot of money to start the school.

McMinn Central[/url] Maniac' post='825983364' date='Mar 10 2006 - 07:00 PM']

It is named after Alvin C. York. I think he donated a lot of money to start the school.

Thanks...I`m still looking for how they came up with Institute. Is it a private or publc school? I`ve always believed it to be a public, but it is so unusal for a public to be called Institute.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825983471' date='Mar 10 2006 - 09:11 PM']

Thanks...I`m still looking for how they came up with Institute. Is it a private or publc school? I`ve always believed it to be a public, but it is so unusal for a public to be called Institute.

I'd say at the time the school was started it was more like a college...instead of a high school...an institute of higher learning...it's a state run school...run by the state instead of a local school board...or was at one time...I really wish they would do something with the old part of the building...in it's day I'm sure it was beautiful...

I hate to see their season end like it did tonight...they had a good run...