Jackson County Rules Class A Ball

jamieroper

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's just all be honest, single-A just not very strong this year

when the west tn dynasties don't bring a team nor clarksville, it is a down year

You are right. I saw that when we watched the games on Wednesday. The first thing I thought of was how people said back in December how weak Alabama girl's basketball was compared to Tennessee. I did not think it was true. After seeing the Alabama State Tourney and then seeing the best at 'boro, I knew that one was not better than the other. :lol:

I will eat every bite of mine!!!

But really this was a great game plan, though I am not a fan of it! And that coach for Forrest won this thing! Congrats to Forrest and JC!!!

Got Milk is not hiding from anyone. I too have allot of Crow to eat. I like mine with big bob gibson's white sause please. ;)

Got Milk is not hiding from anyone. I too have allot of Crow to eat. I like mine with big bob gibson's white sause please. :lol:

I will eat every bit of mine but I have a question for you and I am leaving so I wont be able to discuss it again until tommorrow! But did you have a problem with the way the ball was held? And by the way, I am not taking nothing away from Forrest, they played by the rules and won fair and square! But I just feel like that when a team(any team) holds the ball that long that it isnt basketball and it doesnt necessarily reflect the better team, but reflects which team can control the ball best! And I am sure once the JC fans get back to there homes, that this will be discussed by them, so I decided to go ahead and start it! I can understand holding the ball late with the lead, but to hold it for the first 4 mins of the fourth quarter? I have always been against the shot clock in HS BBAll, but I have never seen a team hold it that long! I am starting to lean toward a shot clock now? Or at least some kind of rule that states unless they are within 2 mins that teams have to be at least attempting to score? Once again, this is not to tarnish what Forrest accomplished at all, because they won fair and square and Congrats to them, but this will be a subject that will be talked about for a few weeks!!!

did you have a problem with the way the ball was held? And I am sure once the JC fans get back to there homes, that this will be discussed by them, so I decided to go ahead and start it!

Hey District 7A fans,

Cry, cry, cry the best team won. Don't start making excuses.

where is devilfanatic? You deserve crow for a year. Keep your trap shut next year and by the way when are you going to start this 5 year Gold Ball repeat?

Well one thing is for sure its not in 2006!

Edited by patsummitt12

I will eat every bit of mine but I have a question for you and I am leaving so I wont be able to discuss it again until tommorrow! But did you have a problem with the way the ball was held? And by the way, I am not taking nothing away from Forrest, they played by the rules and won fair and square! But I just feel like that when a team(any team) holds the ball that long that it isnt basketball and it doesnt necessarily reflect the better team, but reflects which team can control the ball best! And I am sure once the JC fans get back to there homes, that this will be discussed by them, so I decided to go ahead and start it! I can understand holding the ball late with the lead, but to hold it for the first 4 mins of the fourth quarter? I have always been against the shot clock in HS BBAll, but I have never seen a team hold it that long! I am starting to lean toward a shot clock now? Or at least some kind of rule that states unless they are within 2 mins that teams have to be at least attempting to score? Once again, this is not to tarnish what Forrest accomplished at all, because they won fair and square and Congrats to them, but this will be a subject that will be talked about for a few weeks!!!

Very smart move on Forrest part. It was up to Coach Brown and his players to not let them do it and to get control of the game. Jackson Co is a very good team and one of the best programs in gorls basketball.

Congrats to Forrest. Excitement in Chapel Hill will be great tonight.

Hey Region 7A fans,

cry, cry, cry the best team won. Don't start making excuses.

where is devilfanatic? You deserve crow for a year. Keep your trap shut next year and by the way when are you going to start this 5 year Gold Ball repeat?

Well one thing is for sure its not in 2006!

They are not from region7,they are from district 7 and region 4.

You know, I was not there. But my first thought is that if they played within the rules, it was a great plan.

However, you may have a point about possible changes in the future. I like to see a pure form of basketball. I had this thought a few weeks earlier too when I read about the wrestling match that Jackson County and RBS had when the score was 19 to 15. "Letting them Play", as people put it after that game, means not calling touch fouls. It does not mean letting Leonard get beat on and no fouls called. I love hard nosed play. I love post players fighting for position and fighting to block out and get rebounds. But basketball has a violation called a "foul" that should be enforced within some reason. What I am saying is simply this, Forrest holding the ball is no more taking away from the GAME OF BASKETBALL than turning a game into a bar fight is.

2 additional thoughts:

1. Apparently Forrest tried to score enough to score enough to win.

2. If Jackson County did not like Forrest holding the ball, they could have simply went out and took it away from them.

Congrats to Forrest and Jackson County on great years. You both can be very proud. :thumb: