Boy's State Tournament and Final Ranking Predictions

chxian

You're probably correct that some are missing. If it ends up being 100% then I'm in the wrong profession.

One clarification, The rankings are based on the final 8 teams that go to state...not necessarily the top 8. There are some weak areas in certain divisions such as West TN in AA but they will have 2 teams advance to state regardless.

You really must reevaluate your rankings now! Morristown West, Ridgeway,McMinn County over the likes of Farragut ,... Sullivan South is a player , but not better than Bearden and Farragut, no way( WHen Farragut beat Sullivan South 2-1 from what I read Farragut Dominated, Sullivan South scored late, but any win is a win

You leave out a very good Madison Team in A/AA. This team is a George Mason Cinderella team, but are really pretty good. CAK is not finished yet and is a 3time State Champ, But Catholic is a big block in the road

Div II , I believe that BGA is the absolute Favorite for State Champion, but CBHS can play and MUS beat a very good Collierville Team

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really must reevaluate your rankings now! Morristown West, Ridgeway,McMinn County over the likes of Farragut ,... Sullivan South is a player , but not better than Bearden and Farragut, no way( WHen Farragut beat Sullivan South 2-1 from what I read Farragut Dominated, Sullivan South scored late, but any win is a win

You leave out a very good Madison Team in A/AA. This team is a George Mason Cinderella team, but are really pretty good. CAK is not finished yet and is a 3time State Champ, But Catholic is a big block in the road

Div II , I believe that BGA is the absolute Favorite for State Champion, but CBHS can play and MUS beat a very good Collierville Team

Why is it that in the unofficial rankings that madison is ranked lower than FRA when madison beat them 2-0 in a 40 minute jamboree without two starters?

Edited by madisonLB

Why is it that in the unofficial rankings that madison is ranked lower than FRA when madison beat them 2-0 in a 40 minute jamboree without two starters?

Jamboree results don't count for anything other than a tune-up for the real season.

it may not count as anything... but doesnt that tell you something? maybe that madison should be ranked higher?

Nope....what do you have against FRA? Their 5-0 win over JCS is no different than your 5-0 over Milan. FRA plays a better schedule and will be better prepared come state tournament time than Madison imo.

Nope....what do you have against FRA? Their 5-0 win over JCS is no different than your 5-0 over Milan. FRA plays a better schedule and will be better prepared come state tournament time than Madison imo.

o i have nothing against fra they seemed like a good team, i was just wondering why they are ranked higher... their schedule is harder, but when you live in west tennessee only a hand full of teams are even decent so you cant expect a west tennessee team to have a hard schedule. madison is a public school so they cannot afford to be playing in big tournaments like some other teams otherwise their schedule might be harder. But for the rest of the season madison dont really have any easy games, they play the best teams from west ten. from now on so we will see how they do. But like i said i have nothing against fra they seem to be quite a decent team and they have a very good sweeper, but good luck to you(w/e school you go to) and maybe we will see you at state

o i have nothing against fra they seemed like a good team, i was just wondering why they are ranked higher... their schedule is harder, but when you live in west tennessee only a hand full of teams are even decent so you cant expect a west tennessee team to have a hard schedule. madison is a public school so they cannot afford to be playing in big tournaments like some other teams otherwise their schedule might be harder. But for the rest of the season madison dont really have any easy games, they play the best teams from west ten. from now on so we will see how they do. But like i said i have nothing against fra they seem to be quite a decent team and they have a very good sweeper, but good luck to you(w/e school you go to) and maybe we will see you at state

Yeah I agree on the scheduling being a challenge for the A/AA school in West TN. Even if you could play in the more competitive tournaments you have so many league teams you are required to play and you have a limit on the number of total games the TSSAA lets you play so it's tough to play the same quality competition during the season that you will see in the post-season (i.e. Westview last year).

Most schools in Tennesse are public, so that has nothing to do with anything. Like lcsoccer said the best team is in West Tennessee. Plus, Houston, CBHS, Collierville, MUS, and others all have tough schedules. Your excuses are ridiculous, but the weak schedule is not your fault but your coach's. The coach makes the schedule, the players play it; thats all anyone can do.

Most schools in Tennesse are public, so that has nothing to do with anything. Like lcsoccer said the best team is in West Tennessee. Plus, Houston, CBHS, Collierville, MUS, and others all have tough schedules. Your excuses are ridiculous, but the weak schedule is not your fault but your coach's. The coach makes the schedule, the players play it; thats all anyone can do.

yeah you can say cbhs and houston are all from west ten., but memphis is twice the city jackson is and look what kind of club teams it has there... the fury, the futbol club, the dragons and all these other division 1 teams. jackson has never had a club team even close to that calibur... so how are you expecting the west(excluding memphis) to be very good? thats why the schedules are so weak for all teams that are from west ten(besides memphis). So how am i making excuses about the schedule? there is nothing to really play in west ten within 1:30 minutes which we cant do cuz we cant even pay for busses to take us there?

yeah you can say cbhs and houston are all from west ten., but memphis is twice the city jackson is and look what kind of club teams it has there... the fury, the futbol club, the dragons and all these other division 1 teams. jackson has never had a club team even close to that calibur... so how are you expecting the west(excluding memphis) to be very good? thats why the schedules are so weak for all teams that are from west ten(besides memphis). So how am i making excuses about the schedule? there is nothing to really play in west ten within 1:30 minutes which we cant do cuz we cant even pay for busses to take us there?

I agree, madison. It is very hard for us west tenn. teams to get a good game. We have to play the district teams. I would love to play CBHS and MUS and Houston, we might not win, but who cares? It would be a lot of fun to play the best competition and it would prepare us for the state tourney. Good luck, Madison. See you guys at the state.