HUMBOLDT VS. GRACE BAPTIST

bed2i

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone also said not to play zone against Cosby, and you saw what happened to them. They will mix it up on the defensive end though. Good luck Humboldt, keep it up.

Good point, alot of times you can get away with playing a zone at the boro when you usually couldnt in the season. Teams 3pt % has a way of being way down when playing there.

I'll tell you guys one thing...That 6'10" guy better be strong and better be mean or he will get embarrassed by Rose,Sain and company....The big rebound advantage yesterday was nothing new,the physical in your style of Humboldt is nothing new...They are big,strong and athletic and they are for real...But Union City knows that....Grace better get to knowing it,real soon.....

Are Union City and Lake County the only A teams to beat Humboldt this year. Without going back and looking it up that's what I remember. LC beat them 3 times and UC beat them 1. Isn't that right.

Also Trenton in the big upset at Trenton in the Christmas tournament...you remember...when everything that Ramsey guy threw up went in during overtime...

They're other loss came to Crockett Co., a pretty good 2A school, but one that we should've beaten...didn't come to play that night...

Humboldt by 20....unless Grace holds the ball, which I would recommend. Get the kids out today and teach them how to play keep away!!!!

Grace needs to slow the pace down, not hold the ball. If Grace slows pace down they may get Humboldt to make poor shot selection. I just dont see a blowout. Grace is a much much different team than Cosby. Eldridge and the boys will come to play. Should be a great one.

Fact is both teams are capable of winning this game, whoever brings their A game and plays at their pace they win.

Slow Pace= Grace win

Track meet= Humboldt victory

I believe it is as simple as that. (No one gave Grace a shot to beat CPA two years ago either.)

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Are Union City and Lake County the only A teams to beat Humboldt this year. Without going back and looking it up that's what I remember. LC beat them 3 times and UC beat them 1. Isn't that right.

Another thought for people to chew on.....

The only TEAM to beat Union City with ALL their players available to them is Humboldt.....

Union City lost to Bolivar,Haywood Co.,Liberty,Trigg Co. Ky., with their football players still in the playoffs...Lost to Forrest City,Ark.,..with Tony Mosely suspended over X-Mas holidays...Lost to Lake Co. with M.Weddle,X.Robinson,T.Mosely and M.Evans suspended and Humboldt,the second time they played(the game after the Lake Co. loss) with T.Mosely suspended....Then Humboldt beat Union City in the district tourney and region finals with their whole roster intact.....You also have to factor in this...M.Weddle got hurt midway through the second quarter of the Humboldt game in the district tourney,Humboldt was up big when he got hurt though...But also remember Humboldt was down 16 points to Union City in the 3rd quarter of the game in Humboldt and came back and won...You never know what could have happened in the district tourney game had Weddle not gotten hurt....(Humboldt was ahead of UC by 16 when Weddle went down with the injury)So really,the only game UC lost when at full strength was the region final classic where Humboldt beat Union City 86-83.....

That total includes a win over Haywood Co. in Brownsville late in the year.....

Edited by backinthaoc

Yes he is young, but far from clumsy. He is a very good shooter and will even bring the ball up the floor sometimes. He is very skilled for a 15 yr old his size. I think he will be smart in the paint. Remember it is every teams goal to ge him in foul trouble. It could go either way, if he gets a couple early blocks Humboldt might settle for sub-par shots, or they might get him in foul trouble where he is on the bench.

Id say they will probably try to get him in fould trouble. That's what we did against #44 and that hurt Cosby. Id say he was their 2nd best shooter and a pretty good defender, We took him out and they lost a pretty big chunk of offense and defense. So i see us trying to get the big man in foul trouble.