Union City vs Wayne Co.

treefitty74

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(29-6)Wayne County 16 22 4 19 61

(28-9)Union City 22 18 21 19 80

Humboldt....Boys the ball is in your court.....Go Vikes!!!!

M.J. Brown 25 pts

M.Weddle 22 pts

T.Mosely 15 pts

M.J. Brown turns this game around with THREE consecutive 3 Bombs to start the 3rd qtr. as the sophmore goes for a career high 25 pts...Union City went from 40-38 at half to 61-40 right before the end of the third quarter....Great game for Tony Mosely,it's great to see that kid have a really good game at this level..And Marquis gets 22..But his 12 1st quarter points set the tone....

Congrats to the Wildcats,they played tough and showed alot of heart....But Union City's talent and athleticism finally took over....

Edited by backinthaoc

I thought we were going to do it, guys. It looked good in the first half, we were showing Union City and everyone who said we were garbage that we belonged in the Boro for the second straight year. Union City is a good team no doubt, but we gave them a good first half. Just nothing you can do when a team like that gets hot to open the half. They were good, but they're going to get more than they bargained for with Grace tomorrow, they were very impressive. I liked the way they played today against Humbolt.

I could get on here and say a lot of stuff about it's easy to win when you used to be 2a and everything, but we gave ya'll a whole heck of a lot better game than anyone else thought we would, even to the point of taking the lead. We just didn't execute shots and play 32 whole minutes of basketball. For a team no one gave any hope for at the beginning of the season, I couldn't be more proud of the guys from Wayne County...What a heck of a four years that was.

Two-straight Final Four appearances

Three-straight sub-state games

Region championship

Two Region Runners-Up

Two Straight District championships

District third place and this year District runners-up

That's an impressive resume for four years of hard work. It was great being along for the ride. The number one fans, and you guys know who the real number one fans were, are proud of each and every one of ya'll...From the starters to the managers, thanks for a great season and some awesome memories this year.

I thought we were going to do it, guys. It looked good in the first half, we were showing Union City and everyone who said we were garbage that we belonged in the Boro for the second straight year. Union City is a good team no doubt, but we gave them a good first half. Just nothing you can do when a team like that gets hot to open the half. They were good, but they're going to get more than they bargained for with Grace tomorrow, they were very impressive. I liked the way they played today against Humbolt.

I could get on here and say a lot of stuff about it's easy to win when you used to be 2a and everything, but we gave ya'll a whole heck of a lot better game than anyone else thought we would, even to the point of taking the lead. We just didn't execute shots and play 32 whole minutes of basketball. For a team no one gave any hope for at the beginning of the season, I couldn't be more proud of the guys from Wayne County...What a heck of a four years that was.

Two-straight Final Four appearances

Three-straight sub-state games

Region championship

Two Region Runners-Up

Two Straight District championships

District third place and this year District runners-up

That's an impressive resume for four years of hard work. It was great being along for the ride. The number one fans, and you guys know who the real number one fans were, are proud of each and every one of ya'll...From the starters to the managers, thanks for a great season and some awesome memories this year.

Well,if you go back to my earlier prediction,I said UC would win 74-58.....So,actually UC beat Wayne Co. more than I thought they would.....M.J. buried you guys to start the second half,but the Wildcats did play an inspired first half...

Well, technically, the score would have been different had we not put the reserves in to let them have a reward of playing on the Murphy Center floor for a year of hardwork. They scored at least 6-10 points right there during that spot, making the score higher. But depth killed Wayne County, you just can't play a high tempo game with a six, seven man rotation unless you're freakishly athletic. Union City is a good team, and I wasn't knocking anyone. All I was saying was in response to all the people who said Wayne County didn't belong and that we were garbage.