Greeneville soccer

river271

How unfair it is to put the losses of a team on the shoulders of any inividual player. It takes a team to win or lose a ballgame. Bottom line is if the other ten players on the field play perfect games, then their keeper should never be put in the position to be scored upon. Further more, by looking at eurosportscoreboard.com, it shows Greeneville has only scored 9 goals in seven games. Seems like everyone could step it up a little. I've had the oppurtunity to see Greeneville play some this year and they have a very good team. As a Greeneville alumni, I believe they will get it together before tournament time.

You are right... soccer is a team sport and everyone needs to step it up. 9 goals in 7 games dosen't bode well for this offense. Carrino is not the player he was last year before his injury. It was certainly a career limiting injury. Greeneville has played teams with a combined record of 53-29-9 (pretty good opponents) and has scored 9 goals and has allowed 18 goals. Then look at a team like Dobbyns-Bennett who has played 8 games with a record of 4-2-2 against opponents with a combined record of 58-49-13. They have only scored 11 goals but have only allowed 9. Except against Mo West, Greeneville has played with or outplayed every team they have faced but can't seem to take the win. They have the talent and should be better than this. I only hope they don't lose confidence and intensity at the half point. What matters is the playoffs. They play some pretty good teams this weekend at the Barry Redmond and then Science Hill next week. Beating a few of them is what they need to get their confidence back. Hopefully they can get it together.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How unfair it is to put the losses of a team on the shoulders of any inividual player. It takes a team to win or lose a ballgame. Bottom line is if the other ten players on the field play perfect games, then their keeper should never be put in the position to be scored upon. Further more, by looking at eurosportscoreboard.com, it shows Greeneville has only scored 9 goals in seven games. Seems like everyone could step it up a little. I've had the oppurtunity to see Greeneville play some this year and they have a very good team. As a Greeneville alumni, I believe they will get it together before tournament time.

You can win a lot of soccer games by only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game. It is asking a lot of any offense to come from behind in almost every game and try to score more than 3 goals against a good team.

Guest Number8

How r u all doing in mid season Greenville??? i heard u guys always bring some physical players to the field, and i hope we will have a great game against u all on tuesday. I hope u guys fix whatever is holdin u guys back from playing to ur standards. Good luck to GV.

How r u all doing in mid season Greenville??? i heard u guys always bring some physical players to the field, and i hope we will have a great game against u all on tuesday. I hope u guys fix whatever is holdin u guys back from playing to ur standards. Good luck to GV.

Yeah I hope you have a great time losing...Na I'm jokin, I hope it will be a good game...If our goalie would play to his "standards" then it will be. Good Luck

Yeah I hope you have a great time losing...Na I'm jokin, I hope it will be a good game...If our goalie would play to his "standards" then it will be. Good Luck

The goalie has improved with every game. Don't forget even though he is a Junior he never started until this year and had little playing time as a Freshman or Sophmore being back up to an excellent Daniel Sullivan who graduated last year. The last 2 games ended in 1-1 ties against 2 DB and ME so cut him some slack. And by the way, there are not too many GK that can punt like Adam. The offense has been anemic thus far and with the talent they have, should be a scoring machine so don't point the finger at one guy - it's a team effort.

Edited by soccer67

The goalie has improved with every game. Don't forget even though he is a Junior he never started until this year and had little playing time as a Freshman or Sophmore being back up to an excellent Daniel Sullivan who graduated last year. The last 2 games ended in 1-1 ties against 2 DB and ME so cut him some slack. And by the way, there are not too many GK that can punt like Adam. The offense has been anemic thus far and with the talent they have, should be a scoring machine so don't point the finger at one guy - it's a team effort.

Whoa!!! Since when is a goalie all about punting the ball...I'll agree he can launch it, but what about stopping the ball before it gets in the net???