Liberty vs. Mitchell

baseballa28

How does Thaddeus not get his hands on the ball?

This may help explain it:

Mitchell’s runner-up finish angered Coach Jerry Johnson, whose team was playing in its first state title with this group of seniors.

Johnson cited internal problems that hurt the team’s camaraderie during the championship game.

“I’m more angered than anything,” Johnson said. “We’ve had a lot of internal things going on. Players didn’t follow the direction of Coach Johnson. The entourages that have been running around with my players moved in. They made the players angry with each other.

“People get in these kids’ ears and say things to them like don’t pass the ball to him and get your friends involved. The films (of games) tell the tale. Now we’re just ready to move on.”

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell's runner-up finish angered Coach Jerry Johnson, whose team was playing in its first state title with this group of seniors.

Johnson cited internal problems that hurt the team's camaraderie during the championship game.

"I'm more angered than anything," Johnson said. "We've had a lot of internal things going on. Players didn't follow the direction of Coach Johnson. The entourages that have been running around with my players moved in. They made the players angry with each other.

"People get in these kids' ears and say things to them like don't pass the ball to him and get your friends involved. The films (of games) tell the tale. Now we're just ready to move on."

You could tell that by them having to seperate 2 Mitchell players after the presentation of the trophies.

Guest catfish-hunter

How does Thaddeus not get his hands on the ball?

Liberty could not stop Young down low in the 1st Half but the idiot coach at Mitchell decided to put him at PG after the other guy fouled out. In essence Mitchell's big strength, which was the inside game against an undersized Liberty bunch, got turned to a disadvantage and thus you get 27 TURNOVERS!!!!

Liberty could not stop Young down low in the 1st Half but the idiot coach at Mitchell decided to put him at PG after the other guy fouled out. In essence Mitchell's big strength, which was the inside game against an undersized Liberty bunch, got turned to a disadvantage and thus you get 27 TURNOVERS!!!!

Thats exactly right Hamilton pounded the ball inside to 6'8 Watkins and he killed Shelbyville thats what coach Jonnson should have done with 6'8 Young but I dont know if it would have matterd because after hearing some of Mitchell coaches commits after the game this team was divided he has blamed outside interference and his team not giving him a 100% like he did something has to be wrong after some of the stuff he has said in newspapers about his TEAM

Guest dare_2_dream

Thats exactly right Hamilton pounded the ball inside to 6'8 Watkins and he killed Shelbyville thats what coach Jonnson should have done with 6'8 Young but I dont know if it would have matterd because after hearing some of Mitchell coaches commits after the game this team was divided he has blamed outside interference and his team not giving him a 100% like he did something has to be wrong after some of the stuff he has said in newspapers about his TEAM

those boys played their hearts out from what i saw, and the emotion they showed after the game proved they wanted to win and gave it everything they had. odd comment from the coach, but i guess he knows his team better than I do but i still think they played hard.

Mitchell’s runner-up finish angered Coach Jerry Johnson, whose team was playing in its first state title with this group of seniors.

Johnson cited internal problems that hurt the team’s camaraderie during the championship game.

“I’m more angered than anything,” Johnson said. “We’ve had a lot of internal things going on. Players didn’t follow the direction of Coach Johnson. The entourages that have been running around with my players moved in. They made the players angry with each other.

“People get in these kids’ ears and say things to them like don’t pass the ball to him and get your friends involved. The films (of games) tell the tale. Now we’re just ready to move on.”

I was sitting next to the Mitchell players after the Liberty/ McMinn game Liberty fans were getting ready to leave and were at the exit I'm assuming waiting on a bus because they were at that end. Liberty fans were doing a cheer after their victory. About 4 of the Mitchell players run down there out of the bleachers and get in the middle of the fans start holding up Mitchell shirts and started bumping the Liberty fans. Thad Young just sat there (it seemed to embarass him). The players acted like nothing but thugs! Trash talking to the Liberty fans throwing stuff at them and then walking down there in the middle of them. The Mitchell coach was livid at his players. He screamed at them and told them to not move from there seats. Still ever who #5 was kept it up and even laughed at the coach, he was a good player but he made everyone else look bad. I can understand and see how the coach could say they were having intrernal problems. Makes you feel bad for a player like Young who really seems to have his head on straight. He and Powell really seemed like good kids I wish them well.

Guest dare_2_dream

I saw the two players get seperated....Its sad when two players on the SAME TEAM get in a fight....

Congrats to Liberty on a big win......Way to rep the west!!!!!!! B)

It is sad but think about it. If you just lost the state title game, and it was your last game would you not be upset? Now fighting with teammates isnt the proper thing to do, I can understand where they are coming from.

Too bad, that was a very talented team.