Union City's Sisco Kid

uctfan

:D First, Let's start by saying how LUCKY we are here in Union City to have a coach Like Shane Sisco that has spent his entire life breathing basketball. I can remember the days back when he would assist his father " Marty Sisco " ( which also brought back 3 GOLD ball to Union City ) at Kenton High School walking the sideline with his father each night when a game was played. Infact, I know when Shane played college basketball at ( UTM ) University of Tennessee @ Martin, he would assist the assistant coaches by coaching one of the squads during practice and the head coach would take the other.

Second, to also have his father by his side during these past few seasons as a assistant coach. I know from what was told today after the game that this was the FIRST time a father and son had State Basketball Championships from the same school.

We are and have been very BLESSED over the years here at Union City High School to have had the success in ALL Sports.

I do and we all do understand that you have to have a team effort ( which we did ) , coaches and players alike. But a team is only as good as its players and coaches.

This tournament run and season was one for the memory books and just think how lucky you would be to have WON and Coached a State Champion Team Like we saw with Union City this week and your father & or son there by your side as the assistant.

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES YOU HAVE PROVIDED FOR THE UNION CITY FANS MARTY & SHANE and we look foward to more in the future!!!!!

The End

I must have missed something.

For those of you who " Think This Quote Is From A Coach " is wrong. I am a LONG TIME fan of basketball and a Union City Tornado/Obion County Central Fan. We are just happy to have a coach that has tradition and knowlege on his side. His family means a lot to the Kenton & Union City Fans alike. No, Shane did not write this. He was out celebrating with his team and support staff while everyone else who lost was wondering what happened.

We here in Western Tennessee give credit where credit is due and it starts with the coach and then the team.

Maybe someday your school and fans will know what we are talking about.

Congrats Union City on Gold Ball #4

For those of you who " Think This Quote Is From A Coach " is wrong. I am a LONG TIME fan of basketball and a Union City Tornado/Obion County Central Fan. We are just happy to have a coach that has tradition and knowlege on his side. His family means a lot to the Kenton & Union City Fans alike. No, Shane did not write this. He was out celebrating with his team and support staff while everyone else who lost was wondering what happened.

We here in Western Tennessee give credit where credit is due and it starts with the coach and then the team.

I thought that the other two people were bashing Sisco and I couldn't understand why they would hate on someone that just won a gold ball for their team.

Congrats to Shane and Marty Sisco.....

I think this win will finally get Shane out of Marty's shadow now....State Championships do that kind of thing.....

Union City has had success in all sports,but you have to consider UC a basketball school..Four Gold Balls and a Silver Ball will give you that type of rep..They may have to build a new trophy case....

State Champions....1990....1992....1997....2006...What you know about that ????

Slamdunker...You don't know about that..... B)

I'm glad Shane got his first championship, and a well deserved one.........

Anyone who trashes Shane for some unknown reason should really be ashamed of themselves....This man breathes, eats, and sleeps basketball, and finally got himself a state title to add to the Sisco collection....GREAT JOB SHANE AND THE UNION CITY TORNADOES!!! WAY TO REPRESENT OBION COUNTY WELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, at 7:35 shane was at Murphy Center with his team watching the rest of the games. He was sitting right next to his pretty wife and favorite assitant coach. He was actually at the end of the media table.

Yesterday, at 7:35 shane was at Murphy Center with his team watching the rest of the games. He was sitting right next to his pretty wife and favorite assitant coach. He was actually at the end of the media table.

Just won a state championship and what is he doing????..Watching more basketball......Gotta Love It.....Still soaking up other things coaches do to get their teams to the big game....I saw him on the end of press row...He wasn't letting that big gold ball get too far out of his sight was he???

I for one have gotten on Shane about "not being his dad" or whatever and not winning the big game.....Well,he has done that now and being a UC graduate,I can say, whether or not my 2 boys are in the county school system now,I am awfully proud of my school and their fans and the way they always represent themselves at this level.....And I am proud of Shane and his dad and their families...They are what is good about living in Obion County and Union City..... :angry:

Just won a state championship and what is he doing????..Watching more basketball......Gotta Love It.....Still soaking up other things coaches do to get their teams to the big game....I saw him on the end of press row...He wasn't letting that big gold ball get too far out of his sight was he???

I for one have gotten on Shane about "not being his dad" or whatever and not winning the big game.....Well,he has done that now and being a UC graduate,I can say, whether or not my 2 boys are in the county school system now,I am awfully proud of my school and their fans and the way they always represent themselves at this level.....And I am proud of Shane and his dad and their families...They are what is good about living in Obion County and Union City..... :angry:

Yeah. I don't guess anybody can say that he isn't a postseason coach now.

It would have been hard not to have won with the talent that Union City put out on the floor. And although the Coach did a good job, this was a Class AA team that reaped the rewards of being reclassed back down to Class A.

A team that could passed through the press and took care of the basketball would have given them trouble but nobody fit that style in the tournament.

Hat off to the Tornadoes for a job well done.