AA MR BASKETBALL

BIGWEBB

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Willie!!!

He is a fine young man who has dealt with a great deal of pressure due to his own abilities and his mother's illness. He is a very mature young man.

But I've been able to get a little peek into what these young athletes go through when major colleges are recruiting them. All I can say is WOW. And I actually know very little...but enough to know its a load on a young person's shoulders.

To have that pressure and keep your eye on the ball all the way to another state championship may be asking too much.

A three-peat was always a longshot anyway b/c you just have to look at the odds. But I kept on hoping. You guys know how it is. And the team went a long way toward the goal. I am very proud of them.

Willie desreves this. It'll be interesting to see who'll run the floor next year...but it will take some adjustment for me to pass by our gym and not see Willie in there, not just during the season, with a grin and a wave.

Good luck Willie.

And Wayne...you're no slouch either bud. Go up there to UT and help them rebuild thaat program. I still say you've been underrated by many posters this year...but I'm betting on you to prove some people wrong once you get to "the Hill".

And Thad...I don't know you...but I saw you on TV News when you announced your intent. Good luck to you young man. You seem like a great guy with wisdom also.

God Bless guys,

Firefulmer

Congrats to Willie!!!

He is a fine young man who has dealt with a great deal of pressure due to his own abilities and his mother's illness. He is a very mature young man.

But I've been able to get a little peek into what these young athletes go through when major colleges are recruiting them. All I can say is WOW. And I actually know very little...but enough to know its a load on a young person's shoulders.

To have that pressure and keep your eye on the ball all the way to another state championship may be asking too much.

A three-peat was always a longshot anyway b/c you just have to look at the odds. But I kept on hoping. You guys know how it is. And the team went a long way toward the goal. I am very proud of them.

Willie desreves this. It'll be interesting to see who'll run the floor next year...but it will take some adjustment for me to pass by our gym and not see Willie in there, not just during the season, with a grin and a wave.

Good luck Willie.

And Wayne...you're no slouch either bud. Go up there to UT and help them rebuild thaat program. I still say you've been underrated by many posters this year...but I'm betting on you to prove some people wrong once you get to "the Hill".

And Thad...I don't know you...but I saw you on TV News when you announced your intent. Good luck to you young man. You seem like a great guy with wisdom also.

God Bless guys,

Firefulmer

nice post. all three guys are incredible talents and were worthy of the award but congrats to willie.

congrats to Willie. Hard work meets talent and he's one great player.

none of the other players have anything to be ashamed of.

Like FF said, Wayne can go to UT and have an immediate impact.

Thad, you hit a lot of free throws against bolivar, and Georgia Tech needs some free throw shooting from a big man other than Dickey, so we'll be glad to have you down there.