Oakland Football

I hope you are alright. Now lets get to business. Oakland now has two new school records. Lavagus Jordan squatted 540 and Kaelin cleaned 290 (Last Friday so we wouldn't tear up the gym). Big Murph and Kaelin both tried 350 on bench but missed it. The pound for pound winner was Darryl Barney at somewhere above 29.5 weight/pound.

Freshmen: Amey- Power Clean 235

Barrett- Bench 305

Barrett- Squat 435

Sophmores: Jordan- Power Clean 280

Jordan- Bench 335

Jordan- Squat 540

We had several other maxes that I couldn't even count them all. There were several door prizes as well.

:ph34r:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

barney showin sum serious skilllz.

540 on squat? can any region 4 school top that?

or the 7 ova 300 on bench?

speak now.

ohs may b the strongest school in tha region.

on the riverdale website 16 year old eugene goree was gettin 550 in february

deandre miller would have been well over 540 on squat right now had he not reagrivated his knee freshman year. think he was gettin like 495 by last april as a freshman (he had already gone up over 100 pounds in a short time). i dont think him or the coaches ever want him to go all out again, actually those might be doctors orders but i will ask him.

riverdale had about 5 benching over 300 last i checked, that was a while back so there are probably more. SCN will be able to clarify that

barney showin sum serious skilllz.

540 on squat? can any region 4 school top that?

or the 7 ova 300 on bench?

speak now.

ohs may b the strongest school in tha region.

I don't think any 'CURRENT' players can on squat, but the 'clone' stopped by the weight room this afternoon to 'motivate' the current players who thought he has lost a pound or two. Todays squat.......624. Goree at R'dale is rapidly trying to match the 'clones' total weight total from last year.

Don't tale anything for granted because others are working hard to. :ph34r:

We realize that others are working hard as well. For us to have such solid performances in the weightroom by the young kids is a real motivator for us fans. It is exciting to see and also to witness the pride returning to this program.

I totally agree and am excited that OHS is coming back to its place in football in Rutherford County. At least now Oakland is doing what other schools need to be doing in the weight room. The 'Battle for the Boro' is going to mean something again! :thumb:

I hope you are alright. Now lets get to business. Oakland now has two new school records. Lavagus Jordan squatted 540 and Kaelin cleaned 290 (Last Friday so we wouldn't tear up the gym). Big Murph and Kaelin both tried 350 on bench but missed it. The pound for pound winner was Darryl Barney at somewhere above 29.5 weight/pound.

Freshmen: Amey- Power Clean 235

Barrett- Bench 305

Barrett- Squat 435

Sophmores: Jordan- Power Clean 280

Jordan- Bench 335

Jordan- Squat 540

We had several other maxes that I couldn't even count them all. There were several door prizes as well.

:P you might want to check that 29.5 pound for pound :unsure: