Dekalb

Just a BBall Fan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

People aren't very happy about her staying, actually. And to tell the truth, i wasone of them after watching stumble to another 0-12 district finish. But i think she may have bitten off more than she could chew for a first year coach. This district is easily one of the toughest in the state and Dekalb girls basketball has never been a roaring success. Look for a very young team to compete in the district in her second year. Not young in literal terms, but as in playing time. There's a good chance in a freshman starting at point guard with Cynthia Woodward being as talented as she is. Don't expect a district victory for the young coach this year though. People just need to give her time, things will begin to change in Smithville.

I am a believer in it takes time to build. The parents and fans need to rally around and support the coach. I'm not sure of what is going on here but being supportive will always help the situation. Hang in there coach, I feel your pain, in regards to playing with young players. Just keep teaching them basketball and it will work it self out.

I think the fans and parents were hoping for an instant turnaround. Thats just not gonna happen, especially in a district with Upperman, Smith Co., and Livingston. Call me crazy, but from what i've seen, Dekalb will be contending for a district title in two years. The youngsters on this team are hungry. The whole time they've been playing in middle school, they have had to watch their high school counterparts struggle. Now they're eager to make a name for themselves.

I really think it all depends on how well the dekalb freshmen have adjusted. The coach is going to have to lean on the talented bunch of youngsters heavily to have any major depth. No offense, but like Dekalb, Van Buren girls have had a rough few years also. This game could go either way, even though i'll be rooting for my school, Dekalb.